Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D2001 - EVA Pod

TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
edited November 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Seems I have this thing for 2001 - A Space Odyssey. This time around, I am rebuilding the Pod I built in Animation:Master in Cinema 4D. As I've been working on this model, I am finding more and more things that don't jive in the movie. This time it is differences in the different scale models. Subtle differences, but there. I am trying to keep faithful to the full size Pod's. Not sure if I am going to do the interior yet or not, will have to see.

Al
Post edited by Tralfaz on
Tagged:

• japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Nice, good luck on this! It's fun to revisit those old projects...
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    2001 is a great movie. :)

Nice start on the pod, it's looking great so far. :)
  • TralfazTralfaz412 Posts: 846Member
    Thank you for the kind comments.

Update: Been working on and off on the pod. Got the front arms completed as well as some of the detail on the front under the window. Still have the entire back end, bottom and top to do.

Al
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Nice details! Looks much better now!
    Thanks japetus.

Update: Started working on the rear of the pod. Got the rear hatch completed after 4 failed attempts. Turned out to be harder than it looks! I also have a basic interior hull now, so that when I start to work on the interior, I will have something to build off of. There is still lots of stuff to do on the outside first before moving inside.

Al
    Well, I have the exterior modeling completed. Next will be the interior, then rigging on the rear hatch and manipulator arms. I modeled the explosive hatch separate from the full hatch so it can be animated as well.

The Pod has been scaled to fit inside my pod bay which is scaled to fit inside my Discovery. When I am all done with the Pod, I will be going back and correcting a lot of stuff on the Discovery and rigging it so hatches open/close, bay doors open/close, etc.

Al
  • kippakippa0 Posts: 0Member
    The geometry looks very clean. I like what you have done so far. :)