Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

1701D Warpcore + Other bits...

lewisnivenlewisniven2492 UKPosts: 463Member
edited October 2011 in Looking for... #1
Do we have anyone who can make some models and export them for use in the Half Life 2 engine? I'm currently building key interiors of 1701D and I'm getting to a point where I need 3D models, as some of the stuff I'm doing simply isnt possible with brush work in hammer.

here's where I am so far...

engineering50007.jpg

transporter_room0017.jpg

engineering40029.jpg

shuttlebay10002.jpg

lounge10002.jpg

Basically at this point the main thing I need is a warpcore, but after that I'm going to start needing other props, chairs, tables etc etc. At the moment its a project more for my benefit than anything else, but once the maps get to a level of polish I'm happy with, I'll probably release them for the community to enjoy. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Lewis.

edit: I'm also running a progress blog at www.1701dproject.blogspot.com
Post edited by lewisniven on

• Chris2005Chris2005678 Posts: 3,097Member
    Very nice, I'm afraid I have little modeling skills... I mean the 1701D warp core shouldn't be to hard to model, but other than that, I'm :shiner: when it comes to modeling.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    if you keep going with this project and it gets to a stage where it can be released publicly then you can have this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=93214&d=1319222166

but I stress it must get to that stage, I know I'm seeming like a jerk but I've seen so many projects like this barely get off the ground and I don't like giving stuff out for nothing
    91957.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    btw there was a guy on the newtek forums doing a great engineering section:

http://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=110442

and someone here is trying to do some interiors too:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?77931-TNG-Paramount-Stage-9

maybe you could get in touch with them and work together
  • lewisnivenlewisniven2492 UKPosts: 463Member
    Hey, thanks for the links. And that's ok, I understand, as I said the point of this project isn't for it to become a public release, its more for my benefit, just because I've always wanted to run around the enterprise, haha.

I may throw the maps out there one day though if there's significant demand for them.