Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DL.A.P.D. Spinner

BasajaunBasajaun183 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2011 in Work in Progress #1
LOS ANGELES
NOVEMBER, 2019

:D

Recently I read that Ridley Scott is working on a new cut of his si-fi masterpiece Blade Runner, which is going to premiere next year. This 'Final Cut' is suposed to be the movie as Ridley wanted it to be back in 1982. It's going to be very hard to wait until 2007 to watch this amazing movie on the big screen for the first time -I was born two years after the premiere of the original cut- so I've decided to model a Spinner, the futuristic flying car designed by Syd Mead, which is also one of the most recogniceable elements of the film.

This is what I've done so far. Still a lot of work to do.
88098.jpg
Post edited by Basajaun on
Tagged:

• ecritterecritter0 Posts: 0Member
    A real beauty, can't wait to see how it turns out.
  • backsteptbackstept2018 Posts: 919Member
    dang I really need to watch that movie again :D

looking great so far :thumb:
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice work mate:thumb:
  • TinukedayaTinukedaya182 Posts: 271Member
    Just not that long ago I watched the dvd of mine. Simply one of the best movies ever. And I love your work on this one. Can't wait to see it done. And I really hope you are right about the new cut.
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
    Cruiser - SFS Suricata --- Freighter - SFS "Crate"
  • farcryfarcry0 Posts: 0Member
    I dont know how people can get their stuff so smooth, i allways fail when trying it. Excellent work so far :)
  • Prime_8Prime_80 Posts: 0Member
    sweet! love it.

::
    see i'm not the only one to make a SP avitar
  • GlazyGlazy333 Posts: 0Member
    The DVD blurb for this says

This is Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Ridley Scott's definitive new version of his science-fiction masterpiece. This multi-disc Special Edition release will also contain three alternate versions of Blade Runner: the Original U.S. Theatrical Cut (never before available in the UK); the Expanded International Theatrical Cut; and the 1992 Director's Cut.

So there'll be 4 different versions on the DVD,I really hope that he puts the whole sequence with Zhora getting killed and Deckard fighting Leon all back in the correct order.

Nice Mesh so far too !!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    AH blade runner, one of the most under appreciated movies ever........
    Great model, looking forward to see wht you do with it.
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice mesh, I look forward to you puting her in the rain.
  • AethernautAethernaut0 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet! One of my favorite movies of all time. Though, it's nothing like the book.
  • black campbellblack campbell0 Posts: 0Member
    REALLY cool!
  • cobywancobywan171 Posts: 0Member
    My favorite car of all time. And next year is BR's 25th aniversary. I am going to build a Tyrell building model for Wonderfest next year to enter thier contest.

Back on topic...your model looks supe sweet already. Let me know if you need any reference. I've got at least one CD full of scans and downloads laying around here somewhere.
  • BasajaunBasajaun183 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for your comments :)

@ cobywan:

I'd appreciate any reference pics you could send me, specially if they are images of the 'hero spinner' (the most detailed miniature they built for the movie) and the full size spinner (I think they built two of them).
  • Silverblade-T-ESilverblade-T-E0 Posts: 0Member
    good work :)
    Bladerunner is the best sci-fi film ever, sorry Trek & SW fans ;)
    Small update:
    Another small update.

I'm progressing a bit slowly because I had to rebuild some parts that were wrong.

C&C are welcome, of course.
  • mental|platemental|plate333 Posts: 0Member
    you have a few mesh errors but i'm shure you are aware of them.
    btw great model, just love it, and the movie, well i dont need to talk about how i love it right..
  • AlarethAlareth331 Posts: 0Member
    Fun Trivia Fact: The movie Soldier (w/Kurt Russell) is set in the same universe as Blade Runner.
  • GlazyGlazy333 Posts: 0Member
    Alareth wrote:
    Fun Trivia Fact: The movie Soldier (w/Kurt Russell) is set in the same universe as Blade Runner.

That story is a load of nonsense in many ways from writer David Peoples. Just because there's a Spinner on the planet amongst the junk,there's also part of the Lewis & Clark from Event Horizon there but it doesn't mean it's set in that Universe.

I know they mention the battles of Tannhauser Gate and Shoulder of Orion from Blade Runner,but there are also references to Star Trek 2,Escape from New York and Aliens in Todd's war record

Now I know David Peoples has refered to Soldier as a "side-quel" because it's meant to be set in the Blade Runner universe but that's more of an after thought I'm sure,the soldiers are obviously not meant to be Replican't like Roy Batty as they certainly have more than a 4 year lifespan.I read an interview with him years ago when he more joked at this story because of the Spinner being there on the planet,now everybody thinks it's true.
    Had it felt more like the Blade Runner universe or had Replicant's then it might have been true.

As another note Todd is equiped to use the Illudium PU36 Explosive Space Modulator from the Marvin the Martian cartoon's,does this make Soldier also set in the Bug's Bunny universe ? :)
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    Wow, that's quite beautiful.
  • LarsenLarsen171 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work mate:thumb:
    Thanks guys.
    you have a few mesh errors but i'm shure you are aware of them.

Yes, I know. Usually I can handle this kind of mesh errors quite easily but the one on the 'wing' is giving me a lot of trouble. I've been unable to fix it so far.
    Have you tried deleting the polys, then adding them back?

I find this often works wonders.
  • AethernautAethernaut0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking really great.
  • mental|platemental|plate333 Posts: 0Member
    Basajaun wrote:
    Thanks guys.

Yes, I know. Usually I can handle this kind of mesh errors quite easily but the one on the 'wing' is giving me a lot of trouble. I've been unable to fix it so far.
    :D
    i'd tryed what biotech sad it works for me often!
    I haven't done much today, but I just realized that I haven't posted any images from below yet, so here they are:
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    Sweet. Keep us posted on your progress.
    bar.
  • cobywancobywan171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm still looking for those references for you. Although I think you've done VERY well without them.
    I haven't progressed too much lately because I'm still trying to fix the mesh-error in the 'wing' :shiner:

I have also some segmentation in the back side.

Once solved those two problems, I will go ahead and continue adding more detail.
    Did you try what I suggested?