Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPowered Armor Motion Range experiment

BlindShooterBlindShooter0 Posts: 0Member
edited October 2011 in Work in Progress #1
This one is going to my 2D isometric shooting game project. I have to do some low poly experiment because the design is unusual. The pilot has to fit in it and it needs to have wide motion range. So far, the result is good. I will proceed in replacing the parts with higher poly ones.

4d7f6edf95df5b4d2cfce4df89b78303.jpg

68023dd75457ae339a6ed5d032c69dc1.jpg
91825.jpg
Post edited by BlindShooter on
Tagged:

• TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Looks good so far. The image host that you use takes a really long time and may discourage people from looking at your posts. I suggest imgur.com next time. Looking forward to the high poly stuff. :)
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    As far as I can see - the armor will have significant problems, operating something just in front of the torso. chest armor will be in the way of operator`s arms, and the operator arms themselves will be in the way of slave arms. Also - the operator`s arms are locked in the colar joint in your case.

Note, how the operator arms on the Landmate are located:

gugesd_1.jpg
    2477199767_f03b495ef7_o.jpg
    2478011670_da8d037edf_o.jpg

However, I like your idea of operator`s legs. In case of landmate, legs fill be in not too comfortable position, I guess.
  • BlindShooterBlindShooter0 Posts: 0Member
    Here is some reworked position. along with a cheap photoshop for scale comparison.

iZD4A.jpg
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks better. However, protruding chest armor, still gets in the way of arm motion. How about relocating pilot a bit further forward?