Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Need help with 3DS Max 2011 Map Seams in UVW Unwrapping

ChipDancerChipDancer0 Posts: 0Member
Hello all,

I need some help with a model I am working on. I'm at the stage of doing the UVW Unwrap, but I have these green lined map seams that seem to automatically place themselves on the model that make the texture garbled. I've had no luck finding any online tutorials that address this any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

ChipDancer
Post edited by ChipDancer on

• japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    The green lines you see are the outline borders of your UVW coordinates. If you click the "edit..." button under the Unwrap UVW they will correspond to the green lines in the UVW viewer. You can turn them off by checking off "Show Map Seam" under the Unwrap UVW modifier's Parameters rollout under Display. Check out Unwrap UVW modifier in the help files for more information on these
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    i invite you to try the pelt. powerful tool.

read the help, its pretty straight forwards.
  • ChipDancerChipDancer0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks guys, learning the difference between the unwraps and how to then modify the uvws was a pain, but I think I got through that part, though I am confused and my instructor is useless: I finished setting up all my faces and saved the uvw map, but when I came back to the model the next day and loaded the save they were back to their original unflattened state; what's up with that???

PS: Thanks in advance for the help! :)

CD
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    you didnt load the last version of your project.
    or, you didnt save the last version of your project. (dont save the uv in the unwrap windows, its not its purpose. you have to save the entire scene.)
    anyway, try the autoback. (documents>autodesk>max>autoback) max saves automaticly every 5-10minutes.
    with a bit of luck, an old autoback is still there.