Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Warp Star Field

darkdavedarkdave0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2011 in Looking for... #1
Warp Star Field

Does anyone know how to create the star field at warp speeds?

I use Lightwave so if you can point me in the direction of a tutorial for that platform i would appreciate it, otherwise I am willing to compromise on other platforms too ie 3dmax.

David
ps. i know i posted this already on another section, im sorry, i realized i should have posted it here in the first place... u can delete the other one mr moderator.
Post edited by darkdave on

• Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    darkdave wrote: »
    Warp Star Field

Does anyone know how to create the star field at warp speeds?

I use Lightwave so if you can point me in the direction of a tutorial for that platform i would appreciate it, otherwise I am willing to compromise on other platforms too ie 3dmax.

David
    ps. i know i posted this already on another section, im sorry, i realized i should have posted it here in the first place... u can delete the other one mr moderator.

I made a tutorial for 3ds max, a while back... not sure how it translates to Lightwave though...

Here:
    http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?73244-Star-Trek-Style-Warp-Stars-Tutorial-in-3D-Studio-Max-9
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • darkdavedarkdave0 Posts: 0Member
    Ok will check it out, while we are on the subject of diferent platforms, how easy is it to convert scenes between max, maya and lightwave?