Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DNCC-1701-D USS Enterprise

• Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    I had nothing to do with the trailer - it was a bit too much shooting and explosion for my taste - but weA’ll see what the future brings...

Well, I still like it. :p

Yea, reminded me of many episodes of DS9. haha.

The explosions were good though, I wish I could figure out how to do explosions that good... but it always gives me a :shiner:
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    Great job on that artwork, those are really cool. I hope you get permission to post the originals, I'd like to see them. :)
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    Here are two quick shots of the artwork I created for the Gameforge booth at the GamesCom 2011 - the outside art is about 22meter long, the inside slightly less. Unfortunately, the print and the light settings at the booth are slightly suboptimal, so itA’s not as bright and distinct as it was in the original artwork. I may post that in a few days once I get permission.

you as the creator of the pics have to wait for permission???? where did this rule rule come from? from Absurdistan? i don't get it. usually the original author decides what to do with his work.
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    kuckuk333 wrote: »
    you as the creator of the pics have to wait for permission???? where did this rule rule come from? from Absurdistan? i don't get it. usually the original author decides what to do with his work.
    You're from Germany and yet you're still caught off guard by bureaucracy? ;)
    With most contract work it depends on the wording of the actual contract and which rights are conceded once all payment obligations have been fulfilled
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    the guy who pays the cheque decides what to do with their work

You'd be surprised...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

Welcome to the wonderful world of working on commission. Commission means you make it for someone else and for money. The payment is basically your agreement that you hand the rights over the party who commissioned the work. So, the party who commissions the work is the decision maker, not the artist.
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Welcome to the wonderful world of working on commission. Commission means you make it for someone else and for money. The payment is basically your agreement that you hand the rights over the party who commissioned the work. So, the party who commissions the work is the decision maker, not the artist.

Yup, in most cases it's ok to post work after completion and checking with the client. But it will be in your contract and it's good to make sure you can use it in your portfolio afterward before you sign anything.
  • tobiasrichtertobiasrichter333 Posts: 0Member
    Well, I probably could just post it, but if it is stuff I made on comission I always try to make my clients happy and get the ok prior to showing anything on the web. In some cases, itA’s in the contract or an NDA - but even if it is not, itA’s just professional to check back with the client. I never had problems with a client refusing me to show off any work - itA’s mostly just a matter of when IA’m able to do so. So just be a bit patient... :)
  • YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    Cool, not sure if it's somehow the angle of the picture that was taken or what, but it seems your galaxy class has been distorted horizontally in that first picture. You can tell by the looks of the deflector dish.

How much does it cost to print a 22m wide picture like that anyways??
  • PixelMagicPixelMagic471 Posts: 663Member
    Tobias, I love the two booth pictures from GamesCom. Very awesome.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    kk, thx for the info. didn't know this.
    I have these ortho renders on my harddrive for quite some time, but totally forgot to post these. So here you go...
  • BrandenbergBrandenberg1655 CaliforniaPosts: 1,937Member
    Thanks Tobias - really good orthos of this ship are not easy to find. Superb!
    This looks almost like a studio model picture... O_O

attachment.php?attachmentid=92456&d=1315058424
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Stunning. :cool:

Lucky you use Maya, Tobias. Or to look at it another way, lucky not many artists in these parts do - That very fact alone is probably the only thing stopping a barrage of release requests pouring in for this beautiful model. ;) Myself included! :lol:
    Well, thats true, but on the other hand there are not a lot of models for me to use either - but I tend to only use my own model anyways. And I noticed a trend for more people using Maya...
    I have the same problem in trueSpace, I can't find a lot of models that will import into it very well, so I wind up making my own stuff most of the time.

Absolutely stunning work on the model, it's got to be the best 1701-D I've ever seen, aside from the physical studio models. Those orthos look great. :cool:
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Oh Release Release Release!!... J/k.. :)

yeah.. thats the down side for maya.. not many people use it, so say if we want to do a fleet image or animation... we pretty much have to build the fleet ourselves!! ... thou.. Max imports aren't to bad.. just alot of cleanup!! (darn trianglization!!)

Looks Great Tobias!! What's ur next build going to be?? :)
    Thank you - unfortunately, I wonA’t be releasing this model to the public. I plan to use it in a project - and some other stuff that IA’ll let you know when I can talk about it.

Right now, IA’ve started the conversion of my TMP Enterprise to the Reliant. IA’ll open a Wip thread about that soon.
  • RekkertRekkert4037 Buenos Aires, ArgentinaPosts: 2,302Member
    Right now, IA’ve started the conversion of my TMP Enterprise to the Reliant. IA’ll open a Wip thread about that soon.

Cool! Will you also do a Nebula from this Enterprise?
    For all my finished Trek fan art, please visit my portfolio
    Maybe, but probably not in the near future. The problem with these high res models is you canA’t kitbash them that easily any more :)
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Beautiful orthos! Thanks much for sharing them. :)
    Maybe, but probably not in the near future. The problem with these high res models is you canA’t kitbash them that easily any more :)

Also, the Nebula's engineering hull is actually a lot different than the one on the Enterprise, at least it was on the physical studio model. It has a slightly altered shape to it and some of the details are different. The CG filming model was, of course, just a kitbash.
  • Warp Propulsion LaboratoryWarp Propulsion Laboratory913 BrooklynPosts: 322Member
    Also, the Nebula's engineering hull is actually a lot different than the one on the Enterprise, at least it was on the physical studio model. It has a slightly altered shape to it and some of the details are different. The CG filming model was, of course, just a kitbash.

Yeah, Also the saucer is pretty different; I believe it's supposed to be smaller. You'd have to make the majority of parts from scratch to make a Nebula. Still would be great to see.
    Please visit my YouTube channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqRhLEHgwgTKxsalM5YznYQ

Formerly furswift
  • Bartzie1Bartzie1331 Posts: 0Member
    Now that the calendar is out will you be posting the Ambassador and the Enterprise D in your High Rez format? Looking at your other ships in such detail is amazing. Thank you for including us in all your work.

Steve
    furswift wrote: »
    Yeah, Also the saucer is pretty different; I believe it's supposed to be smaller. You'd have to make the majority of parts from scratch to make a Nebula. Still would be great to see.

Yeah, it's got a lot less windows. Also, the bridge is different. The Phoenix certainly looked smaller than the Enterprise in the first episode where we saw the design, The Wounded. However, comparing things like window sizes and size and placement of the escape pod hatches, phasers and RCS thrusters of the two ships, I'm not entirely certain it was designed to be smaller, even though it looks that way on screen.
    91306.jpg91307.jpg91308.jpg
  • japetusjapetus2937 SeattlePosts: 1,397Member
    Amazing renders! The texture work alone on the D would have destroyed me! Tobias I always love the painterly quality with which you light your models. They seem alive but it doesn't seem to be CG. It's something I aspire to in my own lighting.
  • MarkyDMarkyD0 Posts: 0Member
    I am awe struck again. You are amazing.
    While I have done a couple of images with the D, I never tested it for animation, so here it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZlUa_araWY