Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRaumpatrouille Orion

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    It doesn't look right simply letting the ship increase it's altitude in a fast manner?
  • harry33harry33343 Posts: 0Member
    @ Aresius!
    I dont know it by now. But I dont want to create an simple "lift off" with it. I am working with different plugins of my program right now. There are some really good, particle creating add ons. If I start an underwater lift off I need some very good moving fluid. If I start an "usual" lift off I need some fire and smoke. I need to take the right decision before I start to create the launchbase.
    Looking forward then.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    harry33 wrote: »
    @ Starship : Wow, I never heard of this before. This is very interesting! In Germany we had only 7 episodes of this tv show. I always thought no one outside from Germany knows about it! Thank you for this interesting information!

And the books? How many? Is it still published today, as Perry Rhodan?
    Time for an update:
    Just worked on the undersite of the ship. Added some panels and cutted out holes for the vertical thrusters and the lightblasters at the front of it. Going crazy about the Boolean system of 3ds Max...

@Starship : I dont have done some researches at the books of the tv show by now. But I will do this soon!
    90809.jpg90810.jpg
  • lennier1lennier1913 Posts: 1,280Member
    Starship wrote: »
    And the books? How many? Is it still published today, as Perry Rhodan?

Here's a rather crude summary of this entry from one of the better-known German fan sites (automated Google translation):
    1968-1970: The first 35 novels are published as part of the "Spaceship Orion" novel series.
    1972-1976: All adventures are re-published as part of the 'Terra-Astra' magazine and then continued (1975/76) until adventure number 46.
    1976-1984: Once again, all adventures are re-published by the same publishing house. This series is then continued (1977-84) until number 145
    Next update. The boxes for containing the landing gear. Open and closed mode.
    90827.jpg90828.jpg
    http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj239/harry1963/Orion%209/?action=view&current=OrionLandingGear.mp4
    Just a raw clip of the landing gear. It is a test to see how all parts are working. There are coming some parts soon. I need to add some hydraulic parts and insert some greebles. Also the cylinders are getting some other sizes. Good that the weather is bad here...:)
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Ah, another ORION :)
    She's looking veeery good so far!!
    Hm, do you want to use the landing gear in addition to the landing shaft?
    (I once tried something similar on my ORION, but it did not look as good as i thought it would ;) )
    About the underwater launch sequence: In my opinion, it would be much more efficient to use a forcefield to create a lanch tube
    so that the ship would not have any contact to the water!
    I'm curious, where you will place your Light-cannons finally.
    I placed 6 on the upper hull and 8 on the lower hull (both near the rim of the saucer.
    Do you have any plans for the LANCET yet??
    Can't wait to see more :)
    Guten Abend Chanur!
    It is nice to read that someone else has build this ship before! And also with a landing gear...good! I am really not sure about using it at my ship. It takes many tries and some tests to see how it works. The landing gear is only a basic variation to see, which size it must have and which angles I can use for it. This week I will go on with it. A launch tube is now my favourite for the starting sequence of it. But it is the next step. First I will get the ship done. The lightguns will be placed at the big ring at the center of the ship. Four lightguns, each at the front/right and left and at the back/left and right. So they are able to shoot in nearly each direction.
    This is strange, but true : YES, a new "Lancet" will come soon too. Truly, I have one constructed for flights in atmosphere and another one for spaceflights. I guess, it is smart to have a version for every environment.
    Chancur, I really want to see your layout of the Orion- If it is possible to post it!
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me!!!
    First layout of the "Lancet"- Atmospheric Version.
    90871.jpg90872.jpg
    *cough* Laurin *cough*

;)
    :D Laurin is enabled!
    ORB an ORION IX uber Jupiter Aussen:
    That Lancet looks prety cool (reminds me a bit to a Perryverse Space-Jet) but now i wanna see the space-version too :D

Here are some pics of my ORION and an unfinished EAS IV. I hope you don't mind, if i post them into your thread and i will delete them immediately if you want.

Moooore please!!!
    90889.jpg90890.jpg90891.jpg
    Bugeleisen an Eisloffel:
    Those models are looking pretty good! I like the color and the clear detail at the Orion very much! Also hte lightguns on the top of the saucer! Congratulations! Meanwhile I have thought about the landing gear of it. It looks really missplaced on the ship. But I will find a solution to it soon. Now I am working on the rear section of the saucer. It will get a main flight engine. A lot of work but it is fun too! Thank you again for sending this photos- I dont delete them! They are fitting perfectly to this thread!!!!
    Hm, a special rear engine? I wonder, how it will look like!!
    About the landing gear: what do you think about this solution?
    I got the idea by looking at some Kugelraumer pics from Perry Rhodan.
    These short struts are placed right around the central landing shaft.
    The advantage is that they don't need much space to be built in.
    90893.jpg
    Hey, it is a very good idea! Yes, it needs not much space. I have thought about a landing gear combined with the landing shaft. In my opinion: The landing shaft is one of the parts you will never miss on this ship. Your suggestion supports my idea. Thanks again for this!

Dont dream of frogs tonight :D
    Well, looking at the Hydra, I could imagine those multiple landing shafts being used there....
    The next update. The lightguns are attached at the ring of the ship and the underside is nearly completed. Only some small details will be added soon.
    90903.jpg90904.jpg90905.jpg
    Yummyyummy :)
    I notice two things:
    The first thing is the strong segmentation of the outer ring. Can you smooth that later or do you want it to look like that?
    The second thing is the Lancet tube cover. It seems to be a two-parted cover that opens to the left and to the right? If so, the inner cover halfs cannot be opened completely wihout hitting each other!
    90919.jpg
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Just a little suggestion. Maybe some ballturrets on the tip of the Lichtwerfer like here...

So they could fire in multi-directions...
    Hi friends! Thank you for your suggestions!
    The docking hatches are going down a little before they completly opened. Similar to the doors of some subways.
    The ballturrets are completely movable. They are sitting in this elliptical covers at the ring. So they can fire around like the turrets of your photo, Crix Dorius ( Thank you for this)!
    Chanur: Yes, I agree, the outer ring is not perfect- Like many parts of the ship by now. I have to deal with the speed of my computer to get usable rendertimes. So it is like a placeholder by now. When all fits together I will do the final shape of these parts. Thanks again!!!!
    An update for the weekend : Some closer views on the Gunturrets. Now it is better to see how they can rotate to shoot in nearly every direction.
    The Ring is replaced now with the final one. It is more smooth now ;)
    The underside is fixed now at the rest of the ship. The main engine will follow soon. Meanwhile I work on some special effects for the animation of the ship.
    90979.jpg90980.jpg90981.jpg90982.jpg90983.jpg
    Na dann: "Werfer frei!"
    Maybe i would place 6 turrets instead of 4 to get a wider firing arc.
  • kuckuk333kuckuk333178 Posts: 209Member
    Orion 9? as far as i know they had Orion 8 in service when the frogs tried to conquer earth
    The way McLane has been burning through these it's simply unavoidable.
    Yes, Kuckuk333, you are totally right! Because of the modifications on this ship and the new...soon upcoming...environment I have decided to name it "Orion 9". It is the next generation version of the ship from Commander Mc Lane.
    I have to work on some parts of the ship by now. The main engine and the landing gear is not added. But this is not so much. Today I have started to work on the ship of the "Frogs". This will be a nice version, I promise!!!!
    Frog ship?!? "Wanna see, wanna see, wanna see!!!!"
  • Nathan RubricNathan Rubric180 GermanyPosts: 159Member
    Would be cool to see a more detailed version of the frog ships.

Oh and... :D
    You know the fun thing?
    Someone actually took up the tedious task to colour the intro: