Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Iron Giant

andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
edited August 2011 in Work in Progress #1
After watching The Iron Giant for the umpteenth time, and thinking as I always do about how much room they left for a sequel, I decided to mess with a 3D model of him. I looked around for one, there's a sketchup model around, but it's a bit off. I found wireframes and renders of a REALLY good one, which I'm using to help my topology as I make one of my own.

Here's tonight's progress, I don't know how often I'll work on this, but it was something fun to work on while my phone flashed.

Right now, the rest of his parts are in the shop. :p
attachment.php?attachmentid=91928&d=1312441399
90794.png
Post edited by andar_b on
Tagged:

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I never saw that movie but I remember from the previews what the Iron Giant looks like. That's some really nice work so far on the model. I really like the toon-style render. :D
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    I saw that movie for the first time last year, it was really quite good
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks :) If anyone has Netflix, it's available for streaming, my son has been watching it at least once a day lately. It's better than Thomas the Tank Engine. -.- I've seen Hero of the Rails enough for the rest of my life. XD

The toon shader in Blender isn't quite as configurable as I'd like, so the edges aren't precisely where I'd want them, but it gives a better sense of the movie model than a clay render I think.
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I have Netflix but not the best connection in the world when it comes to streaming HD movies (1.5 MB/s DSL.)
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Yes, that movie is very good. Me and my kids liked a lot!