Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationChris2005's Stuff

• Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    Yeah, that's the one. The .zip file comes with two variations of the F-104. One has an extra part on the tail fin, the other is more similar to what was on the show.

I made a YT video asking if anyone knew where I could get stock HD footage of Earth in Earth's orbit... and I got a comment from someone claiming to work for NASA, and they said they would ask the ISS if they could record some HD footage, however, they said they were to busy at the moment, so this person is just going through and seeing if they can find stock HD footage, and assuming it's true, I just had a mindgasm, lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's pretty cool, dude. Here's hoping that person isn't just some wacko. ;)
    That's pretty cool, dude. Here's hoping that person isn't just some wacko. ;)

haha, true, however, I'm not sure why someone would pretend, I mean to what end?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Some people literally have nothing better to do and are really sick in the head. However, that's probably not the case. Like you said, there's no point to pulling such a prank.

I just utilized that one Earth orbit shot from a video I found on YouTube... as I've watched all 3 programs, that I was referred to, one of which is where that shot is said to have come from, but I did not see it at all.

vlcsnap-2011-07-21-22h23m51s10.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Wow, the bussards are looking great. So is everything else, nicely done. This is a fun episode, even if it is full of nitpicks. ;)
    Wow, the bussards are looking great. So is everything else, nicely done. This is a fun episode, even if it is full of nitpicks. ;)

Thanks.

Nitpicks? Such as? lol
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    You mean besides an incorrectly done time warp, beaming people into their own bodies and a disappearing Enterprise? (and that's just for starters) ;)
    You mean besides an incorrectly done time warp, beaming people into their own bodies and a disappearing Enterprise? (and that's just for starters) ;)

I can see the others, but what do you mean incorrectly done time warp?

Well, I think the reason the Enterprise vanishes is because they go back to a time before it happened, and in Trek, when you go through time, you leave your time... so in effect they weren't there, as they went back, and didn't go into the the atmosphere like at the beginning... but then again if that were the case, then Captain Christopher would have never boarded the Enterprise, etc. in the first place.

Anyway, about the incorrectly done time warp?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    That's the only time warp in all of Star Trek where they're going back in time as they approach the sun and forward in time when when moving away from the sun. When they did it in The Naked Now, they were moving away but still went back in time. And, as we know from ST4, they went backwards and then later forwards, they didn't do both in the same maneuver. So, since this is the only time warp in which they went backwards and forwards in this manner, it is the one that is incorrect.

The timing of Enterprise thing is this: it was there, they scrambled Christopher's jet to intercept. So, when it's not there at the end of the episode, it should be. But that's just a simple paradox, they do those all the time in Sci-Fi. ;)
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    There may be many kinds of time travel. The way to explain this would be to have warp allow for a 'detached timeline'

In normal time travel, you have a figure 8, so the Enterprise runs into its earlier self over 1960's Earth. But imagine if a warp initiation (the time barrier in the Cage) is done in such a way that scissors cut the figure 8 right at the departure, and enterprise frame drags its trafamadorian timeline with it, leaving no trace as soon as they warp accelerate the way Spock does. Thus Ent's crew retain their memory, but the ship seems to disappear.

Thus timeline detachment

I noticed the AA problems in the last clip of this video, after exporting the preview... the AA issue will be corrected in the final video.

attachment.php?attachmentid=91706&d=1311664454
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    That's freakin' cool, dude. I especially like the solar flare, that's a nice touch. :cool:
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    These kinda inspired me to try the same "remastering" with some of the Defiant shots, if I ever get her to where I'm happy with the level of detail. :) Maybe redo a few of the scenes where the bad 3D model was used, idk.

I saw a redo of the Defiant leaving DS9 and heading for the wormhole, but I'm pretty sure I could come up with something nice.

Anyway, these are very cool, although some of your cuts are kinda odd, like the camera shakes or something, which I know can't be right.
    That's freakin' cool, dude. I especially like the solar flare, that's a nice touch. :cool:

Thanks, I would of followed that 2 part tutorial for a Sun on http://www.xenomorphic.co.uk, but the links are broken, or the destination they linked to has changed... so I just did what I could, lol.
    andar_b wrote: »
    These kinda inspired me to try the same "remastering" with some of the Defiant shots, if I ever get her to where I'm happy with the level of detail. :) Maybe redo a few of the scenes where the bad 3D model was used, idk.

I saw a redo of the Defiant leaving DS9 and heading for the wormhole, but I'm pretty sure I could come up with something nice.

Anyway, these are very cool, although some of your cuts are kinda odd, like the camera shakes or something, which I know can't be right.

I feel honored, that it at least kinda inspired you. :)

Yea, I took a gander at your Defiant thread earlier, it's looking rather nice... much better than I could ever do, I've more or less honed my skills on animating... I've not seen many DS9 episodes... the only episodes I've seen are "Sacrifice of Angels," "Trials and Tribble-ations," and a few others... I'm more of a TOS/TMP, TNG, VGR person.

VideoSpaceFX on YouTube made a very nice redo of the DS9 credits.

The shots are based on the CBS remastering... in the first shot as the Enterprise spins around the sun, there is little to no shaking, then in the next few shots we see shaking gradually increase, but in between each of these FX shots should be episode dialogue, but due to the rampant DMCA claims made on YT, almost an abuse of the system rather, that YT won't do anything about, so I can't include dialogue in this, without first and foremost causing CBS to get its panties in a bunch.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Not bad, but the sun looks reaaaaaaaaaallly small from that angle. (It does get the point across though.)
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    *looks at VideoSpaceFX on YouTube*
    *dies*
    NanoGator wrote: »
    Not bad, but the sun looks reaaaaaaaaaallly small from that angle. (It does get the point across though.)

Which angle? I notice in the remastered episode, as they're going around the sun, they get closer and closer to it.
    andar_b wrote: »
    *looks at VideoSpaceFX on YouTube*
    *dies*

haha.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Are you recreating a shot they did? (I haven't seen this ep...)

If you are I wouldn't take my comment too seriously. Otherwise, I'm talking about the bit where the ship is whizzing by the sun and it's almost spinning. The sun looks like it's maybe 2km's big.

My comment may be out of place, apologies if it is.
    Are you recreating a shot they did? (I haven't seen this ep...)

If you are I wouldn't take my comment too seriously. Otherwise, I'm talking about the bit where the ship is whizzing by the sun and it's almost spinning. The sun looks like it's maybe 2km's big.

My comment may be out of place, apologies if it is.

Here is the FX video for the remastered episode:

Of course, some of the VFX shots are missing from this composition, here is a shot from the first shot, as they begin going around the sun...

tomorrowisyesterdayhd622.jpg

No need to apologize, it's cool.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    In their version the edge of the sun is almost a straight line, making it appear bigger. In yours you can see most of the curvature and that's betraying the scale.

Check out 1:44.
    In their version the edge of the sun is almost a straight line, making it appear bigger. In yours you can see most of the curvature and that's betraying the scale.

Check out 1:44.

Well, that VFX video, is missing a shot, the one where they whisk through the solar flare, there are 4 shots in between the approach of the sun, and the break away, the VFX video is missing 1 shot... however, the first 2 shots show the curvature of the sun clearly.

tomorrowisyesterdayhd634.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    There's a slight curvature in theirs, yours shows a good quarter of the sun.

Believe me, I get dinged a lot for scale. :)
    There's a slight curvature in theirs, yours shows a good quarter of the sun.

Believe me, I get dinged a lot for scale. :)

haha, well, I'm not going for a verbatim recreation... I kept getting nagged to add my own flare to it, etc. so that's what I'm doing, but only subtly.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Well I didn't bring it up because it was different from the reel, I brought it up because I think it's hurting the shot. I have a similar crit about their shots of the Enterprise in the sky, they make it look very tiny, too. That ship is massive but in their treatment of it it's difficult to tell that they're really on board something so massive. Anyway, that's off-topic, I just think it'd help your sequence a lot to revisit that composition.
    Well I didn't bring it up because it was different from the reel, I brought it up because I think it's hurting the shot. I have a similar crit about their shots of the Enterprise in the sky, they make it look very tiny, too. That ship is massive but in their treatment of it it's difficult to tell that they're really on board something so massive. Anyway, that's off-topic, I just think it'd help your sequence a lot to revisit that composition.

ah, ok.

I'll consider revising it, once I complete the project as a whole.

Well, the TOS Enterprise is only 289-305 meters (948.16-1000.65 feet) long...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Well, the TOS Enterprise is only something like 700 feet long...

Right, but your job as an artist is to communicate to the audience what is happening. That ship may only be 700 feet long, but it's not a fighter craft, and it even being in the atmosphere is perilous for the crew. We never really get that sense because, for example, the ship is always completely in frame. If they had inserted a shot or two where the camera was really close up, you'd have a better sense of just how large it is, and you'd tell the audience more clearly that the people on the bridge are actually inside that ship. It's all about composition.
    Right, but your job as an artist is to communicate to the audience what is happening. That ship may only be 700 feet long, but it's not a fighter craft, and it even being in the atmosphere is perilous for the crew. We never really get that sense because, for example, the ship is always completely in frame. If they had inserted a shot or two where the camera was really close up, you'd have a better sense of just how large it is, and you'd tell the audience more clearly that the people on the bridge are actually inside that ship. It's all about composition.

I looked it up, according to Memory Alpha, the Constitution Class is 289-305 meters (948.16-1000.65 feet) long.

But nevertheless, I get what you're saying.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Adding a false interior to KnightRider's Connie...

I plan on redoing the FX from "Whom Gods Destroy" but I wanted to add a interior, that much I can model, lol.
    90806.jpg90807.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    That's a nice effect. It will make those flybys seem even more realistic. :)