Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLego Dreadnought

ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
edited July 2011 in Work in Progress #1
So combining my recent foray into Lego with the usual 40K stuff we get this! Just the legs for now. This is done with some of the LDraw pieces and MLcad to see what they're like and rendered with POVray. I'm not sure how far I'll get as I'm finding them to be ultimately infuriating programs to use...

Dreadnaught_00001.jpg

Dreadnaught_00002.jpg
90639.jpg
Post edited by Armondikov on

• evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    That's really cool so far. Legos rule. :D
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    So that's the landing gear of a Lego-class dreadnaught. :P

Nice work, looking forward.
  • salsasalsa171 Posts: 0Member
    Aresius wrote: »
    So that's the landing gear of a Lego-class dreadnaught. :P

Nice work, looking forward.
    I think he means the WH40K dreadnaught.

@Armondikov: Yes they are, but people have done some cool things with them. If you need help, I'd poke around Flikr, I know a guy named Peter Morris knows the programs fairly well, he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Also, nice start.
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Armondikov! That's a great start and a nice change of pace for the 40K universe - I never thought of doing a 40k model "lego style"... hope you persevere, as I would love to see more of this! :)
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    I had the idea when I came across this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legoloverman/2534997804/

But I didn't quite want to do it "to scale", as it were and wanted something a bit more involved. Though as I'm gaining experience with MLCad I'm thinking of restarting it in a different way - I've at least over-estimated the size I wanted. We'll see how it goes from here. What I really need to do is get the .3DS export to work (it has "issues") so I can pop it into Lightwave and really do some fancy stuff.
    Check this one out:
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    A 40K dreadnought mini, in lego... phoar...corrrr...phwowie...umph...omygodomygodomygod!
    I'm spent! Carry on!
    When you're quite finished nerdgasming...
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Do continue. ^^
    More updates?
    Not just yet. Busy on other things, will probably get back to this in a week or so. As mentioned above, since I now have a bit more experience with MLCAD I will probably restart it and may even steal ideas from that video above.