Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DPreparing for Starburst

markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
edited February 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Earlier in the year my laptop and a fatal accident with a set of concrete steps, In a sort of freeing way i have been out walking under the sun and such things, generaly living life.. All that stopped about a month ago when i bought a new laptop and i have returned to my gollum esc ways..

I've started to remodel my farscape ships, well Moya and Talyn.. In an effort to start and finish a project.... Possibly a little too early to start the thread but i thought i'd post it anyway..

Currently im drawing curves along the hull to mark out the lines that cover moya.. I know i'll never be able to get both the hull shape and the patterns 100% accurate but i'm happy enough with where its going..
90751.jpg
Post edited by markmassey on
Tagged:

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    :lol: Why have i put this as a 2D wip...... because i'm an idiot
  • backsteptbackstept2017 Posts: 918Member
    nice :thumb:
    Moya is a favorite!
  • komarokomaro348 CanadaPosts: 752Member
    I always wanted to do a ship like Moya. Talin was a great looking ship too.

What seems to be difficult is the lining patterns. Not sure how i would do it with Cinema 4d. I always imagine that Talin d'Argo (The sun of Craighton) would have his own ship, that would be like Moya and a mix of Talin.

Good start you have there, keep it up.
  • Sukhoi_FlagonSukhoi_Flagon0 Posts: 0Member
    nice work so far! you planning on texturing the ship as well?

i am trying to remember what the non organic ships looked like in the Farscape universe, and drawing a blank! :o
    It would be interesting to see where everyone is and what they have been upto......... i had forgotten that they killed d'Argo... Unbelievable..

Sorry for the crappy images so afr... not set up lighing rigs or anything to rener out with... the next batch of posts will look nicer... I am planning on texturing these modelsand hopefully doing some cool stills with them.... As for the other ships, in one word boxy... not so much later but boxy to start with.. not that they dont look good..

So here is where i'm upto with talyn... not started his lines yet but i'll get to them very soon....
    90248.jpg90249.jpg90250.jpg
    Just thought i'd post some rendered stills of moya with a few lines on her...
    90416.jpg90417.jpg
    Almost completed the lines on moyas hull.. just some more on the under side to finish, then the arms.
    90627.jpg
  • evil_genius_180evil_genius_1804256 Posts: 11,034Member
    I never watched much Farscape (I couldn't get into it) but I gotta say, this is a really cool design and you're doing a great job modeling it. :D
    not realy an update. but rendered a still of moya and almost newborn sized talyn.. just for %$"&* and giggles...
    90689.jpg
    Finished the first pass on moyas lines... Now need to go in and add more finer lines..

did a few renders to show her hull contours..
    90750.jpg90751.jpg90752.jpg90753.jpg
  • Dansolo1Dansolo10 Posts: 0Member
    Someone has covered your model in silly string :)

Nice work :)
  • ChiletrekChiletrek0 Posts: 0Member
    Hello:
    It is so awesome to see updates on your Leviathan models.
    Sorry for not posting sooner and keep it up! :thumb:
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    It's great to see some Farscape work, very little of that these days. I am really liking the work on these two models here. :)
    Thanks for the comments guys

I've been moving house over the last 2 weeks so not donr much on moya.. also re started my galactica animation.. but thought id post these images of the finished second layer of lines.. now i can get onto texturing..
    91191.jpg91192.jpg
    a little update, i've smoothed all the lines along moyas hull..... trying to keep from textureing for as long as possible haha, i've been playing with a bump map though...
    91574.jpg91575.jpg
    Hello:
    Sorry for not posting before. I was very looking forward to see an update on your model of Moya, I can see the amazing ammount of details and time you have put into your model and I so admire that.
    By the way, will you then work a bit more on Talyn? I think we all need more pics of the little spitfire :devil:.
    Keep it up! :thumb:.
    Thanks mate, I've been working on moyas lines for the past few weeks, just got to sort out the uv's then i can move onto talyn and try and get him up this point before i start texturing them both..

Also need to try and find some reference for his cannon..
    Finished moyas lines finaly..... Whoop whoop
    91980.jpg91981.jpg91982.jpg
  • IRMLIRML253 Posts: 1,993Member
    impressive stuff, I hate doing tubes and things
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Kind of hard to believe that is a living ship...then again I never saw the series. :D

That detail looks like fun.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
    Hello:
    Those pics are awesome, the wait for an update was sure worthy :thumb:.

Also, can I ask what is Moya's current poly-count?

Keep it up! :D .
  • AhkileezAhkileez341 Posts: 30Member
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Kind of hard to believe that is a living ship...then again I never saw the series. :D

You should definitely watch it. Now. Today.

In my opinion, Farscape is the best Scifi show of the current age. And Moya's a huge part of that. She is 100% a real character on that show and never once says a word.
    Sorry guys i thought id replied to you ages ago, propably didnt press post :(.. Moyas poly count at the minute is :1077784

Nice to see you again Ahkileez..

Just gonna say to oldmangreg that farscape isnt everyones cup of tea, but its well worth a look. At a time when the only scifi that had been around on tv was next generation and deep space nine, farscape blew my mind..

The ship herself isnt designed to look like a living creature, you never get the ugghhh im walking through somethings intestines... well sometimes you do... But the ship has been built for a purpose by a race of god like creatures, who not just made the ship sentient, but gave her a sole, so again we're made aware that Moya isnt a camel that we're riding on the back of either..

So like Ahkileez said she is made present all the time, for me once you get into the show the scenes in the ship feel very different to say the scenes in voyager, because you know that something is alive beyond the walls..

As you can probably tell i have a soft spot for farscape, moya in particular :)

But like i said farscape isnt for everyone. Next post will be a texture update over the weekend, I need to render out some stills of Talyn aswell as i've re made hes cannon so hes ready to be textured now aswell. Luckily ive had a lot of work on these past few months so not had any time to sit and do any 3d work at home..

I need to get these models finished before febuary because im going to be a dad then, and im sure they wont get a look in for a while after that.. so im on a timer..
  • adjunct37betaadjunct37beta188 Seattle, WAPosts: 60Member
    markmassey wrote: »
    Sorry guys i thought id replied to you ages ago, propably didnt press post :(.. Moyas poly count at the minute is :1077784

Nice to see you again Ahkileez..

Just gonna say to oldmangreg that farscape isnt everyones cup of tea, but its well worth a look. At a time when the only scifi that had been around on tv was next generation and deep space nine, farscape blew my mind..

The ship herself isnt designed to look like a living creature, you never get the ugghhh im walking through somethings intestines... well sometimes you do... But the ship has been built for a purpose by a race of god like creatures, who not just made the ship sentient, but gave her a sole, so again we're made aware that Moya isnt a camel that we're riding on the back of either..

So like Ahkileez said she is made present all the time, for me once you get into the show the scenes in the ship feel very different to say the scenes in voyager, because you know that something is alive beyond the walls..

As you can probably tell i have a soft spot for farscape, moya in particular :)

But like i said farscape isnt for everyone. Next post will be a texture update over the weekend, I need to render out some stills of Talyn aswell as i've re made hes cannon so hes ready to be textured now aswell. Luckily ive had a lot of work on these past few months so not had any time to sit and do any 3d work at home..

I need to get these models finished before febuary because im going to be a dad then, and im sure they wont get a look in for a while after that.. so im on a timer..

love all that you had to say. Farscape holds a pretty special spot for me too. great show, EXTREMELY imaginative creatively and overall a pretty cool story, very original aliens and look/feel. So glad you're modeling Moya and Talyn :) FRELL! DREN!
    Hello:
    Well, I wish I would still receive e-mail notifications of updates on this and other topics I like :( , so sorry for not replying before.

I am very looking forward to see Talyn, does he have a similar poly-count of Moya's model?

And, maybe, could you try making a model of Cilla too? The Leviathan that has appeared in the comics post-PK Wars? I think is almost the same as Moya but has upper fins. If you want, of course :) .

Keep up the great work!
    Hi guys, not been around for a while.. we've had a little girl so all of my spare time has been taken up with her and house work... very grown up stuff...

But had a little time to sit and do some 3d work so i capped moyas arms... slightly underwhelming i know..
    93841.jpg