Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DShips Of The Starfleet Museum

• XFozzbouteXFozzboute654 Posts: 1,627Member
    Thanks. Yes I plan on doing both the 22nd century ships and the early 23rd century ships. But not the late 23rd century ships because I just don't like those ships.
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Great work I keep admiring the texture work on these vessel. The texture gave these functional designs that extra touch. :)
  • FalinFalin0 Posts: 0Member
    XFozzboute wrote: »
    Thanks. Yes I plan on doing both the 22nd century ships and the early 23rd century ships. But not the late 23rd century ships because I just don't like those ships.

yea i was like WTF on the late 23rd ships they had there, just didn't fit the rest of the site.
    Update...
    The ship now has it's name. Worked on the cutout for the lower cannon. I also made copies of the upper missile launchers and placed the new ones on the bottom. The still have the old textures and haven't been welded to the hull yet. A few changes need to be made and I'll be close to finished.
    1347.jpg
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Looking good.
  • deltapaxdeltapax0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome job! My favorites were always the Powhatan, Archer & Curran classes, they were kind of plain but I for some reason I prefer the no-nacelle look of them.
    UPDATE...
    Lower missile bay doors are in place and textures need to be replaced. I need to adjust a few other textures and this ship will be done.
    1349.jpg
    1353.jpg
    Looking good X
    Now that the heat has let up a bit I’ve finally been able to do some renders to make an ortho for the UES Krechet.
    krechetortho.jpg
    And something I did just for fun.
    familyphoto.jpg
  • BorklessBorkless171 Posts: 0Member
    Those look awesome!
    (On a side note, this is why I hate some SFM threads, everything looks too good!)
    Nice to see the ships together.
  • MasaoMasao0 Posts: 0Member
    Falin wrote: »
    yea i was like WTF on the late 23rd ships they had there, just didn't fit the rest of the site.

I agree. I don't have much of a feel for that time period, and I think it shows in the subpar designs. But I think the articles were well written!
  • kborakkborak1 Posts: 0Member
    Masao you are right. All the articles that you have there are amazing. Your early designs have been a real inspiration.
    UPDATE...
    Started to get more done on the Torsk. The Build for the secondary hull is finished so I’ve moved on to roughing the textures.
    1397.jpg
    1400.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Looking good. I like the red. Kind of makes it a little more menacing :thumb:
    The red isn't staying.
    UPDATE...
    I finished the textures for the secondary hull.
    1401.jpg
    1402.jpg
    I think I’ll do a Romulan ship next.
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    I kinda liked the red....But the new stuff is good to.
    The Textuers look great!
  • rwkingrwking189 Posts: 173Member
    Well, I for one can't hardly wait till he starts in on my favorite of the museum ship.....The Bison. I don't know what it is, but that ship has something special about it.....all the variants, the civilians, there is something just undefineable about that ship.
    Well when I do get around to the Bison I probably will not do the civilian ships mainly because I don't have the graphics needed to do them. But you never know.
    UPDATE...
    On Halloween I got hit by a big migraine and had to rest for a few days. Those things can take the piss out me. I'm tryign to get back to work so I went back to something small. The modelling of the primary hull is almost done. Just need to do the missile launchers and some grid lines. I also resized the impulse engines because I thought my first ones were too small.
    1443.jpg
    1444.jpg
  • stolistoli79 Posts: 130Member
    Hi Matey, I am liking your textures on these ships very much. As previously asked by others, are you able to share how you do it in photo shop. Some screen shots of key steps would be gold. Is the process part of the unwrapping and coloring like I see in tutorials, I use sketchup myself and still plodding along in photoshop when time permits. I particularly like your engine and panel lighting, is that also photo shop or the 3d program ??

Cheers for now, looking forward to seeing more new ships as time goes :)
    If I get the chance I'll try to show how I do it. It's not too complicated. I've never been able to figure out how to unwrap stuff and I've never followed any tutorial. My engine and panel lighting is kind of a combination of photoshop and 3D studio Max.

UPDATE...
    Started to do a few of the textures on the primary hull.
    1445.jpg
    I added another airlock to the top of the hull because I forgot to add it before. I also have added the missile launchers. One thing I did forget is another set of grid lines. I'll try to fix that if I can. Also more textures for the nose of the ship and blue glowy bits like I have on Little Nell & Little Nell 2.
    1446.jpg
    Here I've opened the missile bay doors. I'm not currently very happy with them.
    1447.jpg
    I've started to rough in the shapes for the next ship I'll work on after the Torsk. The Romulan Cabbage.
    1448.jpg
    Here's what the front looks like.
    1449.jpg
  • MasaoMasao0 Posts: 0Member
    If you need civilian graphics, just ask. I drew everything in Freehand, so I can output at whatever size you need.
    Some very nice work there X.
    Masao wrote: »
    If you need civilian graphics, just ask. I drew everything in Freehand, so I can output at whatever size you need.
    WoW! That would be very cool and very helpfull. Thank you.
    And thank you too Freak. :D
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Nice to see the Cabbage class fleshed out.
    UPDATE...
    Finished up one of the weapons and just have a few more to do.
    1501.jpg
    1502.jpg
    I’ve got the grid lines started but a few of them need to be cleaned up.
    1503.jpg
    1504.jpg
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    I always thought that this was a very interesting and very different looking craft. It really looks like space is its natural element. Very cool XFozzboute :)
    Those missile pods look great Mate.