Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    @ Meph:

Not showing everything at this stage :p ....

@ Lee80:

Cheers Lee ! ... Better give some warning before you post an update, .. Need to be sitting down, before the shock hits me :D ... look forward to some updates mate !

Below are a couple of pics showing one of the Locations I'm working on ....

Jas

Click on Links to View Full Size - 1440 x 900

o1uDoX.jpg Full Size pic

lwmc8n.jpg Full Size pic
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior206 Posts: 813Member
    Very cool!
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Absolute bloody awesome as always. If I can think of anything more intelligent to say, I'll get back to you. :p
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Kind of reminds me of the Orca pads from Command and Conquer. Seems a fairly awkward arrangement to me. At the very least it isn't a very efficient use of space, although I guess spreading your aircraft out like would provide some protection from enemy aircraft strafing or infantry attacks and the like.
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    Heya Jas! Good to see you are still working away on 40K goodness! Could you post a couple of closer shots of the control tower? Very nice modeling, as always!

The only comment I would have about the landing pads is having the fuel tanks so near the actual pad... seems like a well placed bolter round or las-bolt would destroy the pad and whatever happened to be sitting on it... maybe move them away a bit and run a pipeline to the pad? either way, it looks very slick! :)
    You could, in principle, justify the fuel tank placement in several ways.

1) The Imperium just doesn't care that it's a little dangerous. They're only human lives after all.
    2) Because of the STC system and the fact that the Imperium will be battling on worlds that they're likely to have invaded, the pads come as a single mass produced unit that is all self contained and can just be deployed as if they were a Command & Conquer building. So fuel tanks come attached to the pad, rather than as a separate entity.

Or my personal favourite:

3) Rule of Cool.
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice mate, very very nice. You forgot another justification.

The Base is Shielded. Anything that can get through is going to wreck the hell out of it anyway :p
    Armondikov, given the 40K universe, I think justification number 1 is probably the most accurate... :D

After all, they probably just use servitors for the maintenance / fueling work, and we all know how servitors are regarded!

Oh.... now Jas will have to model up some nice servitors to put around the fuel tanks and landing pads... muaaahahahahahaaaaaaaa :devil:
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, and some ground crew, and fuel trucks, and fire trucks, tow vehicles, ammo carriages, stray seaguls or crows, a cyber-falconeer to get rid of before-mentioned vermin. Oh, and shrubbery, can't go wrong with shrubbery
    Meph wrote: »
    Oh, and shrubbery, can't go wrong with shrubbery
    Indeed, but you'll need a shrubber to go with that.

rogertheshrubber2.jpg
    Meph wrote: »
    Oh, and some ground crew, and fuel trucks, and fire trucks, tow vehicles, ammo carriages, stray seaguls or crows, a cyber-falconeer to get rid of before-mentioned vermin. Oh, and shrubbery, can't go wrong with shrubbery

At the bare minimum if you want to make the environment look even part-way realistic!
    Cheers Guys !

@alpha:

I will be doing close-ups of the Airbase including the Control Tower once modelling is done, ... I'm also going to do an interior for the Tower, since there will be some shots that need it ....

@ Meph:

Shrubs won't be a problem ... I'm doing ALL my environment stuff in VUE :devil:

Talking of Environments .... For the Airbase I'm going for an Arid Rocky Landscape, ... Was experimenting in VUE for the look and lighting that I want .... I threw the Control Tower in untextured, ... just for something to focus on that's part of the Airbase ...

Pic below is only a test ...

Jas

40kairbaseterraintest00.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic
    *Stamp of approval*
    Test? Ha! You tease...
    Stamp of approval, indeed! Been meaning to check out Vue. You can obviously do some fantastic stuff with it.
    Oooh, sexy. Not a lot of nice flat space to put those launch pads on though.
    @ Road Warrior:

VUE is used a lot in movies like AVATAR, Pirates of the Carribean movies, 2012, etc etc, ... very powerful environment tool ...

@ DCB:

It's only a test scene for the type of terrain that I plan to use as the 'surroundings' for the Airbase .... This test is not being used for the actual Airbase scene later ....

That Terrain test was recently posted at CGTalk, and someone mentioned it looking like a miniature with the use of that DOF, .... but I explained that it was only a test, and the actual scene would have the right sense of scale for the Airbase once completed ....

Though I did post another example there to show that adjustments can easily be made to give it a totally different look, ... I removed the DOF and included some Atmospheric Haze (pic below) ... which now gives the scene a more realistic appearence ....

Jas

40kairbaseterraintest00.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    Whoever said it was a moron. It looked fine in the old scene, the new one too for that matter. I can only assume your critic thought "miniature" meant "looks small" instead of "it looks like the model it was based on"... or was blind as a bat.
    A test!? A test!? HA! Jas's tests look cg movie quality!

Love the Vue landscape... looks nice and rugged. Is Vue very difficult to use? I'm sure it takes awhile to master, but for someone starting out with it, is there a steep learning curve to get decent results?

Oh, and I love the new filmstrip look for your promo pics! Very slick, mate! :thumb:

... and maybe you can make a servitor shrubber for DBC... something like a lobotomized Edward Scissorshands :lol:
    I'm not sure which one I prefer. While the details are sharp and crisp on the second one, that does detract from the realism of the scene. That said, your blur in the first one looks more like compression artifacts being enlarged than an actual lens blur, since it looks like a very dithered and grainy effect
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    Loving the progress on this, very nice, might have to get me a version of Vue as well (no idea what for right now, but gotta have a play with that :)).
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Kadaeux wrote: »
    Whoever said it was a moron. It looked fine in the old scene, the new one too for that matter. I can only assume your critic thought "miniature" meant "looks small" instead of "it looks like the model it was based on"... or was blind as a bat.

I'm not convinced they said it as an insult... Wish some of my cgi looked like real miniatures! :)

Binky, that's darned fine finery you got going on there. You and me gotta talk about commissions one day man... ;)
  • flavio192flavio1920 Posts: 0Member
    WOW... great work!!!
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    looks good to me... aside from the base of the tower vanishing into the ground :p

Nice work as usual Jas :)
    Hi Guys .... Thanks for the feedback ! :thumb:

Just dropping in to wish everyone all the best for 2012 ! .... Sorry for the lack of updates lately ... Been busy working on something that is planned to go commercial sometime this year, .. can't say anymore than that atm ...

More 40K mayhem ahead, as scenes / shots start to take shape, as well as new vehicles & characters to show that are destined for sequences later ....

Did some more experiments (during Christmas break) with the VUE scene I posted last year, that shows a couple more variations on environment, .... keep in-mind, this is not any upcoming scene, but just to find the right look I'm after for the Imperial Airbase (Enviro), .... I might go for a winter scene much like the physical ForgeWorld ref shown in my last update .... Though the Airbase is only a small scene, and not the main focus of stuff being done ...

The full sequence of shots has already been planned out a long time ago, and modelling for those shots will be finished during the year, ......

Will be back to posting updates soon ....

Jas

40ktestab002a.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic 40ktestab003a.th.jpg Link To Full Size Pic
    Alrighty, progress! Can't wait to see. That's an egg that's been brood upon for many a year and it's great to see it moving around a bit. There's life in it yet! :D
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    4g5403.jpg

Nice work!
    You're alive!!
    Good to see you back Jas! Nice work.:)
    It's been a long while doing anything for my 40K project, but recently did part of Chicago's Wrigley building (Clock Tower Section), .. just as an example model for something I may be involved with next year, that will require a lot of real world architecture ....

I only did part of the building to establish detail level, and was not intended to actually be used, ... so I'm going to incorporate the clock tower section into a 40K City scene later, since the architecture will blend with other buildings from that universe .....

The Image Hosting site who I have an account with had a server issue recently, which caused some of my past image links to be broken, ... so I'm having to check through my various threads and fix those etc ...

This gave me the opportunity to post a few 40K pics I improved to a higher res last year that were displayed on another site ... couple of them were updated to a later build that didn't get posted at the time, and may be one or two not seen before ....

But the main reason for the post was to save the thread from being deleted through lack of updates, as I do intend to return to my 40K work at some point, and to let those who were following along know that I've not lost interest in Warhammer, .. It's just my time has been consumed by other work at the moment, and another year has gone by so quick, ..

There's still lots that I want to do for this project down the track ;) ....

Cheers Guys ! :thumb:

Jas

Wrigley 001

08HYnN.jpg Full Size Pic

Wrigley 002

nc34Hr.jpg Full Size Pic

Below - A blast from the past with just a few of the updated Images - 1440 x 900 Res

f5RKfI.jpg Full Size Pic

d7n6m8.jpg Full Size Pic

AWyLvN.jpg Full Size pic

QYUcyd.jpg Full Size Pic

Sy7aAU.jpg Full Size Pic

5q9gLj.jpg Full Size Pic

GGpGso.jpg Full Size Pic

o1uDoX.jpg Full Size Pic

lwmc8n.jpg Full Size Pic