Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationChris2005's Stuff

• YaricYaric0 Posts: 0Member
    Well I for one think you are progressing very nicely. You've come a very long way since that first video you had of this scene. You now have far more details instead of just flashes over the entire frame for shield effects. I think in order to come to the movie level or surpass it you still have a little ways to go but you're definitely improving.

Maybe the final shot you can have the enterprise file a full spread of torpedos like Riker ordered, instead of just one, lol.

Still one of the saddest moments in trek history if you ask me... the destruction of the galaxy class enterprise for basically no reason. With all of the crews experience with the borg it would have taken them a whole... 2 seconds to say, "Rotate shield frequencies!"
  • Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    Once you get the battle copied perfectly, will you be making an improved battle?

I'm not sure how much it can be improved, it's already a great movie sequence itself.
    Yaric wrote: »
    Well I for one think you are progressing very nicely. You've come a very long way since that first video you had of this scene. You now have far more details instead of just flashes over the entire frame for shield effects. I think in order to come to the movie level or surpass it you still have a little ways to go but you're definitely improving.

Maybe the final shot you can have the enterprise file a full spread of torpedos like Riker ordered, instead of just one, lol.

Still one of the saddest moments in trek history if you ask me... the destruction of the galaxy class enterprise for basically no reason. With all of the crews experience with the borg it would have taken them a whole... 2 seconds to say, "Rotate shield frequencies!"

Thanks.

Yea, my biggest speed bump right now is getting my scene lighting to look right... etc.

haha, yea, I always did wonder about that... but we saw that one seemed to do the trick. :P

I agree, I love the Galaxy Class design, but the Enterprise E is a close second, when it comes to TNG era ships.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member

rule of plot my friend. but agreed 100%: the galaxy was a gorgeous ship, there should have been no reason at all to destroy her
  • fluxfirefluxfire181 Posts: 604Member

I have to disagree on this one... Is everyone forgetting that the Klingons has a very clear view of what Gordi was able to see wouldn't have been that difficult for them to just have seen the new frequencies and match them and still destroy the ship... The main reason they destroyed it was cause they wanted a new ship for the next movie .... that was the only reason (that i can think of) for them to blow it up in generations... That and the whole montra of out with the old and in with the new....

Chris not bat work at all man nice to see its getting better and more accurate with each update.
  • CrackedCracked0 Posts: 0Member
    fluxfire wrote: »
    I have to disagree on this one... Is everyone forgetting that the Klingons has a very clear view of what Gordi was able to see wouldn't have been that difficult for them to just have seen the new frequencies and match them and still destroy the ship... The main reason they destroyed it was cause they wanted a new ship for the next movie .... that was the only reason (that i can think of) for them to blow it up in generations... That and the whole montra of out with the old and in with the new....

Chris not bat work at all man nice to see its getting better and more accurate with each update.

Actually, they were originally going to reuse the Galaxy class model for the Enterprise E, even going so far as to replace the 1701-D decal on the model with 1701-E, before the decided to design a new ship.

Chris, I like what you're doing with recreating the movie shots. It's actually something I'd always wanted to do but just never got around to, and then I kinda fell out of doing 3D stuff. And I can tell your quality has been improving as well. Keep at it man!

Still need to render out the Bird of Prey Element, add the weapons, shield and explosion effects...

I would've had this clip started and up sooner, but with my sisters graduation, my grandparents visiting for her graduation, they kept me busy... lol.

I estimate I'll be done with this project, oh... sometime this coming week.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    That's awesome and made me want to go back and watch Generations....at least the battle. I look forward to seeing the rest.
    Jimi James wrote: »
    That's awesome and made me want to go back and watch Generations....at least the battle. I look forward to seeing the rest.

Thanks, yea, I've watched the battle like a dozen times already during the course of this project, lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

The only mistake I realized after I rendered this out in AE, was that the stars at the end don't jolt, while the planet and Enterprise do... that'll be fixed in the final video...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Randy TjangRandy Tjang0 Posts: 0Member
    Chris2005 wrote: »

The only mistake I realized after I rendered this out in AE, was that the stars at the end don't jolt, while the planet and Enterprise do... that'll be fixed in the final video...
    What stars?
    What stars?

It's hard to see on the pitiful YT quality, before I upload it you can see them just fine, but if you watch it directly on YT and set it to 720p and full screen, you can see them... I might make the stars more pronounced in the final video.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • ST-OneST-One188 Posts: 293Member
    Still, it looks quite good.
    ST-One wrote: »
    Still, it looks quite good.

Thanks.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Preview 1

I can't spell, it's supposed to be "survivor" not "surviver." Hey, it's 4:41am. XD

I decided to take a page from VideoSpaceFX's book, while trying not to copy his version verbatim...

Here is his version for anyone interested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTYAGsTjYH8
    89896.png
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    I've had a look at a few of the videos you've posted and really like the effects you use. Have you ever written tutorials or anything covering the methods used to create footage like that above? Great work! :D
    gm2378 wrote: »
    I've had a look at a few of the videos you've posted and really like the effects you use. Have you ever written tutorials or anything covering the methods used to create footage like that above? Great work! :D

Thanks, I've posted a few tutorials, on how I do warp stars, how I make lights blink in loops without keyframing it all or using a video/animated image file as a texture... and so on.

What would you like to know?
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    I guess I'd like to see all of those tutorials ^^

I've been getting into modelling (or attempting to) Trek ships recently and would like to learn some specific render elements like those you listed above :)
    I guess I'd like to see all of those tutorials ^^

I've been getting into modelling (or attempting to) Trek ships recently and would like to learn some specific render elements like those you listed above :)

Here are some:

I don't have many detailed tutorials, as of right now, just a few basic things, like volumetrics, and the videos you see above, if you want to know something specific I'm sure I can make a video...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Those tutorials look great :D Thanks very much for the links and sorry for derailing your thread ^^
    Those tutorials look great :D Thanks very much for the links and sorry for derailing your thread ^^

No problem.

It's cool, it doesn't bother me... lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

I decided to add a little twist to it, since the Tyken's Rift absorbs energy, I thought the Hydrogen dump would use up almost all of the rest of the ships energy, so the warp engines, etc. all power down... until the explosion, which they power back up again, now that energy isn't being absorbed.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

Credits for model in previous video, but to reiterate... model by Prologic9, Max Conversion by KnightRider, textures for Galaxy Class by Flat Eric, further modifications by Chris2005(CJCA915), audio from Star Trek: TNG - "Night Terrors."
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Preview 1:

Under Deneb IV are ??? as I've not found any textures, or something close to Deneb IV, once I find something, the credits will be listed, as I can't credit nobody...

As for the project, this will be done in several parts, this is the first part, in which the Enterprise encounters the Q being... the second part will be the Enterprise separating, and the third and final part will be when Will Riker does a manual re-docking...
    90003.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    So awesome. One of the great underused pans of the series. (I can only think of twice when it was used.) She looks perfect to me, great job with the lighting. You should consider upping the shot and actually zooming all the way up to the window and look in on Picard looking out. What a dramatic opening shot that would have been for the start of the series.
    So awesome. One of the great underused pans of the series. (I can only think of twice when it was used.) She looks perfect to me, great job with the lighting. You should consider upping the shot and actually zooming all the way up to the window and look in on Picard looking out. What a dramatic opening shot that would have been for the start of the series.

Thanks.

Well, I'd be risking getting a copyright strike if I use to much episode footage... which is why I've come to the decision, to upload condensed versions on YouTube, while putting the full on video, with dialogue on my forum, by uploading the video to my web host.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

This will be the last preview for this part of the project, the next video you'll see, is the completed Part 1.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Nice work! :thumb: