Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DThe Samson - Avatar

123457»

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Nice work.

Loving the paint job for the S&R version. ;)
  • liam887liam887322 SwedenPosts: 575Member
    Cheers, good to do some non military stuff now and again!
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Well, I'm glad to see you still working on this. I'm sorry I didn't get it into FSX or FS9, but I think it is good to wait for MS Flight. I just think the aircraft have too much potential to waste on the current versions. Perhaps when Flight debuts, I will start on a good version.
    I think the version I gave you last was too poly heavy anyway ill make a lighter version of the search and rescue for you when its done.
    Done a lot more work on the models you can see them here in the gallery section on sci fi meshes
    GALLERY THREAD

or here on my blog

HI-REZ BLOG IMAGE
    87096.jpg
    Very Cool!
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice, man. I think you captured the spirit of it well.
    Thanks.
    Wow new job havent done anything of my own for a long time now so much real work to do now days!
    Anyway here are the latest screens of the model as it stands, un-rendered and straight out of sketchup.
    88764.png88765.png
    1.png 128.7K
    2.png 130.7K
  • yasotayyasotay0 Posts: 0Member
    Very impressive work thank you for sharing
  • snessuksnessuk0 Posts: 0Member
    Ode to have those to play in POSER/DAZ ,,, *sighs* ... lovely work Liam .... totally gobsmacked !!
    Nice, very nice!
    Some quick tests on the samson navy version, toying with the idea of getting rid of the landing skids and have a tricycle arrangement with retractable undercarriage similar to the sea king.
    89700.jpg89701.jpg89702.jpg
  • madmattmadmatt0 Posts: 0Member
    Great update, i really like the new scheme color!!

Bye
  • BarBar171 Posts: 0Member
    liam887 wrote: »
    Some quick tests on the samson navy version, toying with the idea of getting rid of the landing skids and have a tricycle arrangement with retractable undercarriage similar to the sea king.

It looks incredible.
    And to be honest, i think landing gear might just be a waste of space when the skids do a very good job already.
    But nevertheless, i would love to see it with gear...
    :)
    Very nice, it will be intresting to see it with the landing gear.
  • Jimi JamesJimi James0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, I would go with a landing gear as opposed to skids, at least for this version...though if it were me, I'd use gears on all the versions. But that's just me. Since this is the Navy version, have you thought about including a larger sensor package on the belly, similar to the Seahawk? That would definitely help make it stand out from appearing as if it's just another variant with a different color scheme.

Regardless of all that though, it's really a great looking model and certainly an impressive demonstration of what Sketchup can do.
    Thought ist probably a good idea to finish one version before I start altering and making more work for myself!
    Anyway same version just with rocket pods instead of extra tanks.
    89757.jpg89758.jpg
    FW1.jpg 456.3K
    FW2.jpg 25.4K
    Look good mate!
    Thanks All. Making some headway with the interior at last...
    89820.jpg
    I4.jpg 259.1K
    Looking good mate. I take it that there will be another row of seats facing away from the cockpit?
    No, six seats along the back wall and then two seats either side facing inwards on each other, making a total of ten. There is also a bench in the middle that can accomodate four although they wont be strapped in.
    Generally it will carry 10 soldiers with all their gear and four crew. I may make some other versions in the futre such as medivac/S&R but for now am concentrating on these two.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    Really great stuff! I dig the design direction you took. :)