Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationChris2005's Stuff

• Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    imPRESSIVE stuff!! are you going to animate the entire mutara battle?

Yes, and then the run for your lives part, lol.
    ItA’s really nice to see how you get better and better with each shot you do!

Thanks, but it could never compare to your past creations or level of quality.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Kronos 1Kronos 10 Posts: 0Member
    Hot damn that is sweet!
    I'm gonna pick back up on the TWOK project eventually, but right now, I'm just not in it right now, lol.

So, I'm gonna be reworking some of the shots from the Enterprise finale, here is shot #1:
    89267.png
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Preview 1:

I said I'd be gone for a while, but I changed my mind... anyway, I've already been apprised of the explosions needing work, well, changed, can't really work a stock video... but I can find something more correct...
    89816.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    interesting. something that might help you in your videos is to emulate the style you're recreating. for example, all of your Enterprise D videos feel like the ship is moving much more freely than it should. remember that the studio model was a 4 foot (or 6 foot) long model, held on frame while a motion control camera simulated action. Slow and graceful is the key.

But overall, nice work :thumb:
    interesting. something that might help you in your videos is to emulate the style you're recreating. for example, all of your Enterprise D videos feel like the ship is moving much more freely than it should. remember that the studio model was a 4 foot (or 6 foot) long model, held on frame while a motion control camera simulated action. Slow and graceful is the key.

But overall, nice work :thumb:

Thanks, I'll see what I can do... I've animated with the camera before, where the model was stationary...

Well, the Enterprise isn't really moving in this shot...

Here is an older version of this I did, way back in 2007, I believe some of the shots in this video, were done by moving the camera, and this is before I started compositing, much less, widescreen, lol. Well, this was before YouTube had widescreen much less HD.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • al3dal3d177 Posts: 0Member
    did'nt you just posted a thread yesturday saying you were leaving?..i mean come on. There was a BIG party when we saw that!....
    Al, be nice.

Chris, i like the motion of the ent in the second clip (i wasnt referring specifically to this thread in my post above, but in general). I think camera animation instead of model animation gives it that classic TNG look - it makes a tremendous difference in perceived quality.
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Galaxy in the second clip looks nice... I wonder who made that model? Hmmm. I wonder.
    al3d wrote: »
    did'nt you just posted a thread yesturday saying you were leaving?..i mean come on. There was a BIG party when we saw that!....

Sorry to burst your bubble... and I didn't say permanently... and I'm not going to argue.
    Chris, i like the motion of the ent in the second clip (i wasnt referring specifically to this thread in my post above, but in general). I think camera animation instead of model animation gives it that classic TNG look - it makes a tremendous difference in perceived quality.

Well, I'll work on it, I think my Booby Trap video, had more camera motion than model motion...
    Scotchy wrote: »
    Galaxy in the second clip looks nice... I wonder who made that model? Hmmm. I wonder.

The credits are on the video description page, that video was long before I became a member of SFM, long before I had a computer to do what I do now... with the models I can use now... back then, I believe I was still using a Pentium 2 or 3... 3ds max 7, I believe.

The Galaxy is the SNS Galaxy by Scotchy, it's a Star Trek: Bridge Commander mod, it's since been re-modded, etc.

Here is the link:
    http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Scotchy_Galaxy;27214

It's also been converted for Star Trek: Legacy...

Update:
    Oh, you did, haha, I didn't look at your username at first, then I saw it, and I was like OMG! lol.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Scotchy wrote: »

:flippy:

Updated the explosion effect, and added green smokes jets, as seen in the movie.

The cut off at the end is due to the player, it cuts the video off to soon.

Very low quality preview of the next shot, thus far:
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

Not completed, I've not rendered everything out yet.

I do think I'll re-render the phaser beam, the phase for the fractal noise on the glow seems a bit fast, and sharp...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro

Finished the shot... and fixed the phaser beam, so it's less jagged looking and smoother, cut the phase down from 100 to 50 over the duration of 120 frames... seemed to make the phaser beam more realistic in it's fractal speed.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    I got to ask..are you using Max?...or something else?..in all seriousness, i just don't see the point...!..the level of this stuff is Babylon 5 Era at best. Why is the Enterprise's phaser hitting like 20m in FRONT of the Klingon ship!...there is no visiable sheild!..The Klingon Ship seems to have no material on it appart from a green color!..so looks totally fake really. You might want to LOOK at your work and analyse it a bit before posting it. make sure you've done the best you can..not just post everything you do when you hit RENDER.
  • VK08VK083 Posts: 0Member
    I got to ask..are you using Max?...or something else?..in all seriousness, i just don't see the point...!..the level of this stuff is Babylon 5 Era at best. Why is the Enterprise's phaser hitting like 20m in FRONT of the Klingon ship!...there is no visiable sheild!..The Klingon Ship seems to have no material on it appart from a green color!..so looks totally fake really. You might want to LOOK at your work and analyse it a bit before posting it. make sure you've done the best you can..not just post everything you do when you hit RENDER.

He uses Max...
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    make sure you've done the best you can..not just post everything you do when you hit RENDER.

I'm sure we've all gone through that phase(r)... :lol:
    Al, its a WIP. takes a while to get things right. ive had my own experiences with max, ya know

Yes, I am.

You should see when I started back in 2007, it looks like a cheap computer game from the 90s...

Have you seen the shot from the movie?

gen0623.jpg

No visible shield? I clearly see both shield impacts... on the Enterprise and the Bird of Prey.

The only material it has is some generic hull plating texture... which degrades the appearance of the model, worse than no textures...
    Armondikov wrote: »
    I'm sure we've all gone through that phase(r)... :lol:

Well, I've been at this since 2007, well, that's when I got my YT channel... I'd been animating prior, just not online, but prior to at least 2009, my videos looked worse than this, they weren't even worthy of being SD, much less HD... of course, YT didn't get widescreen and HD until recently, but still, I didn't get a decent computer until 2009.
    Al, its a WIP. takes a while to get things right. ive had my own experiences with max, ya know

Exactly.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    **Admin edit**

Knock it off, Al. You're one more flamebait away from a banning...
    OK..so been at this for 4 years!|....what's the real excuse really?...after 3 i was doing **** for Disney and other studios!...

Well, let's see, 4 years ago, that would have made me 17, I was still in high school... so I couldn't get a job at some big company like Disney, and it wasn't until the beginning of 2010, when I got a Quad Core based computer, prior to that I was using a Pentium 4, which I had gotten late 2008 early 2009, which got the job done, slowly, but I was still doing SD renders, with mid-range poly models, most were still models from Star Trek Bridge Commander... this here is my first ever video on YT, Apr 25, 2007:

Which currently holds 25,494 views.

There is no "excuse," as I do what I can, with the skills that I currently have, like everyone else here... as this a WIP thread... it would be kinda illogical to post a finished video...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • ComcoComco317 Posts: 1,281Administrator
    Ok - enough of the flamebaiting and constant bickering guys. The staff are aware of the ongoing disputes between the two of you. Frankly, given that the whole matter has nothing to do with SFM, we're not interested in getting involved. Our only concern is when your arguments find their way onto this forum.

Al - Considering how little we see of you these days, it's a little obvious that you're coming here purely to bait Chris. It's against the rules here and you know it. Kindly keep this rubbish off the boards or face a banning. Completely up to you...

And now back to our scheduled program. :)
    Comco wrote: »
    And now back to our scheduled program. :)

Aye.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • NanoGatorNanoGator1 Posts: 0Member
    And, with that, we are done with this topic.

My fuse is short. Let it drop.

Version 2 of this shot, corrected the shield impact on the Bird of Prey, and got a new Bird of Prey. :D
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    i suggest you lower the intensity of the shield-impact flare. its too bright, in the movies and episodes energy weapons impacting with a ships shield produces a translucent half-dome effect, thats just a little brighter at the point of contact. a slightly brighter flare is used when the shield is actually penetrated.
    i suggest you lower the intensity of the shield-impact flare. its too bright, in the movies and episodes energy weapons impacting with a ships shield produces a translucent half-dome effect, thats just a little brighter at the point of contact. a slightly brighter flare is used when the shield is actually penetrated.

I'll see what I can do...

Here's a shot from the regular DVD...

gen0623.jpg

and here is from the Blu-ray disc...

vlcsnap-2011-05-31-11h26m27s145.png
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    ok, my mistake :p i think its too bright, personally. maybe enhance the dome effect a drop?
    ok, my mistake :p i think its too bright, personally. maybe enhance the dome effect a drop?

Elaborate...
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • Major DiarrhiaMajor Diarrhia331 Posts: 0Member
    Once you get the battle copied perfectly, will you be making an improved battle?