Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBSG Stealthstar (Sketchup Model)

Neuron_NedNeuron_Ned0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Anyone interested in skinning this model and perhaps do a proper job on it? I'm new to 3d modelling and could do with someone enhancing my work. Anyhow it does not have the sensor pods under the wings (some suggest they are guns but look a little small to me). Approached JT Graphics/Bad-Azz for help in this but all they could suggest is that I purchase their model, which is rather expensive to a none physical modeller so my attempt is purely from images found on the web.

Comments welcomed (Model available from Sketchup's 3D Warehouse)

Neuron Ned
89644.jpg
89653.jpg
89645.jpg
89646.jpg
89651.jpg
Post edited by Neuron_Ned on

• aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    excelent start there I thought no one would try building this bird
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Gusdorf, are you suggesting that they're the same ship? They aren't . . . by a mile.

Never seen this one before. Sweet ride, though. Wish they had gotten something like this in place of the Blackbird concept they used in the reboot. And how I would LOVE to see this in BSG Online!

My only beef is that SketchUp always uses that crappy "enhanced edges" rendering system. Makes everything harder to see, in my opinion.

Keep this up, though. I would love to see it fully fleshed!
  • Neuron_NedNeuron_Ned0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP is right but many seem to have missed this viper in series 3. The ship features in "Hero", piloted by Lt. Daniel "Bulldog" Novacek. Very short screen time as it’s soon blown away by the Cylons.

My intent was having someone convert and skin it for X3TC or actually see it in COTG (would be the ultimate for me);

Link: http://www.thexuniverse.com/content/120-Battlestar-Galactica-Cry-of-the-Gods-Main

In reality though, those guys are producing mind blowing stuff with Ice Dragon offering all sorts of eye candy and not forgettiing Hawkbs fleet, of which you see all over the net.

Anyhow this model is up for grabs on the 3D warehouse and if you don’t like what you see please, please take it and run with it.

Thanks for the comments so far, just hope “There are those who believe that life here began out there far across the universe“ that wish to give this bird flight.

Neuron Ned