Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DHK Tank

InvidInvid331 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Well first let me say it's been roughly ten years since I modeled anything. With family and work I just haven't had time but now the kids are getting older and work has slowed down a bit so here I am again. Anyway..

I have always thought if Skynet were to design a tank it would have chosen a more rugged and tested design, a Caterpillar type bulldozer. I'm going to model my vision of it as if it were designed by CAT. It will be raw and there will be exposed hydraulic hoses, lines and bolts throughout. It will appear as if it could plow through any devastation and not think twice about going straight to it's target regardless of what's between it and the prey. I took some artistic license by altering CAT's designs to fit my needs but overall I like it so far.

I have to tweak some things on the treads and re-learn materials and rendering but I'll be okay. This is modeled and rendered in Rhino 3D. The tank is also loosely modeled after a CAT D10 Bulldozer but obviously with my own sci-fi eye.
89408.jpg
89409.jpg
Post edited by Invid on
1.jpg 150.3K
2.jpg 164.1K
Tagged:

• InvidInvid331 Posts: 0Member
    This is what I want the footprint to look like. I still have to build the chassis, add the diesel engines, build the turntable, the rotating assembly etc. etc..

umz3D.jpg
  • StonecoldStonecold331 Posts: 0Member
    Impressive work. Can`t wait till that monstruosity will be ready to roll.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah, very nice. I'd ask how the chasis is going to work, but I think I'll just wait instead. :P
  • InvidInvid331 Posts: 0Member
    Armondikov wrote: »
    Yeah, very nice. I'd ask how the chasis is going to work, but I think I'll just wait instead. :P

Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking about a pivot in the center of the chassis so the front assemblies could move independently from the rear. The rear chassis would be 2/3 of the entire chassis since that would hold the diesel engine(s) and hydraulic systems. Exposed hoses and lines would feed the front section of the tank.

As of now I'm currently modeling drafts of the suspension , guide wheel assemblies and clamps. This whole thing will take me time but damn-it I'm gonna finish this!
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Nice start.
    I will be watching this.