Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBabylon 5 Station

• AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    WOOOOO, great details, man!
  • really nice model. now blow it up! pew pew!
  • BrianSzepBrianSzep187 Posts: 115Member
    :devil:
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    some very cool details there mate, can't wait to see this girl finished.
    Hi eveyone. This thread is not dead. I have done a little more modeling on this baby. I was pretty busy thru the summer. I started a new smaller project on Blender 2.5 to learn the new interface in preparation to move the station over. There are some features in the new Blender that will make handling a model this large easier.

I will tell you that the project I began in 2.5 is a ship from B5. I will start a new thread once the modeling is complete. Also, I can build my own versions of Blender now. :cool:

-Brian
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    Yay!! hopes its the hyperion!!

;) Maybe...
    Welcome back then! Happy to hear you've not given up on that sweety. :)
    Look forward to see what you have done.
  • commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    me too. like to see a lot of more stuff..........!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    meh! as long as its any B5 ship, im happy! :D
  • oh oh Maybe its the Excalibur.....or the Whitestar....no...wait you would want it to go with the station at that detail, you would want to COMPLETE the station..ITS THE STARFURY!!!!
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    Yahee... which one? lmao

I wish they would bring the show back. If Star Trek can get a remastered series, why not B5!?!
    I would love to see a rematered version of this. I have read that they have lost all the files with the modells or that they are now unsuable. which mean having to start from fresh. Which would cost to much. Also the master tapes having gone missing. So you can only use what they use for the DVD's
    Which is to low quilty to bring up to HD. Which is a real shame.

But a remake would be cool to see as long as the keep the same five year plan.
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Another necropost... :argh:

Mycroft Do you forgot the necropost rules? :) The last post of Brian (the author of the thread), is dated: 19 november 2010... Could be better to pm the author instead of necropost...
    Hi everyone,

I have nearly completed the ship. Been busy with work and other projects so I haven't been able to spend as much time on this as I would like. I am pretty sure I am going to have to upgrade my computer before I can finish the station. It's just to large to fit in 32-bit memory. I have started porting it to Blender 2.5 though. So, this project is NOT dead.

-Brian
    thnx, brian! good to hear! look forward to see more whenever you got your new computer hopefully.....thumbs up!
  • A2597A2597335 Posts: 8Member
    Ohh! An update!

Can't wait to see it.
  • Dr.SleepDr.Sleep0 Posts: 0Member
    ThatA’s great! Looking forward to it.
    Hi everyone,

I have got an update now. I have finished porting over the mesh to Blender 2.5x. I also have a done a major overhaul to the mesh. I have eliminated some 200,000 faces. Turned off subsurf modifiers, and removed the over detailed edges (beveling), yay! :D

Most of the savings came from the Cobra Bays. I have also started cutting in new details. If you look at the older images you will see where.

Also, the biggest update is that the station is now more accurate than before. It was bugging me that some of the proportions weren't right. That is now fixed and the station is build 1:1 scale. I would say that I am about 90% accurate now. :thumb:

The mesh is now sitting at about 1.3 million faces. More to come...

Enjoy,

Brian
    88857.png88858.png
  • VALKYRIE013VALKYRIE013547 Posts: 1,473Member
    IT BACK!! SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Yay! looking great sir, glad to hear you got it ported over correctly! kind of a hassle sometimes...
    Some dam fine work there!
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice job. Shes looking clean and ready for texturing already.
    YAY, welcome back.
    Nice work there.
  • Kalic-VadekKalic-Vadek0 Posts: 0Member
    I can't wait to see you blow her up.
    WOOOOOOOW! welcome back - thousand thnx - always one of my favourite thread - look forward.
  • dwldwl0 Posts: 0Member
    Looking great!
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    welcome back!
    edited May 2019 #150
    Hi all,

I can't believe it has been this long since I last posted about this project. Well, this is a thread resurrection! :D

What made me start again. Blame RedTed! Check out his thread and look at post #235. After watching his animation of his very nice station on YouTube (I was like that's really cool) it got me motivated to continue working on my station.

So, about 6 weeks ago I started again. As I said way back at the start that this was going to be a detail build. I first converted all the materials to Blenders Cycles render engine.

So here are some of the detailed parts that have been completed! All in glorious 4k! :)

Cobra_Bay_Clay_4k-004.png

Cobra_Bay_Clay_4k-003.png

Cobra_Bay_4k_001.png

Cobra_Bay_Clay_4k-002.png

And a texture test:

B5_Station-Texture_4K_012.png
    Post edited by BrianSzep on
    edited May 2019 #151
    B5_Station_4k_005.png

B5_Station_4k_006.png
    Post edited by BrianSzep on