Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Converting from Maya to MAX

StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
Maybe IA’m a dumb, but donA’t know how to solve this... :(
IA’m converting a mesh from maya to 3ds max using a fbx file. The mesh was imported with zero errors, but IA’m in a nightmare to correct the rendering. The material editor donA’t have nothing special, just the usual settings, so, I donA’t believe itA’s the cause for the mesh to be rendered only in white. Oh, and something like the mesh is always selected stay in the viewports, no matter what I do. Attached, goes a pic showing the issue. So, IA’m asking for help.
1- How to make the render works, not showing the mesh only in white, but with the material in fact applyed?
2- How to take off that "permanent selection"?

In advance thank you!
88748.jpg
Post edited by Starship on
WTF.jpg 67.8K

• MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Aw, for a second I thought YOU were converting from maya to max. :p

2) pressing space locks the selection, but the object doesnt actually look selected. those brackets could also mean that the object is animated...but that's unlikely. When selected, usually the edges of the objectshould light up. If its only those brackets you can turn them off with j (in each viewport)

1)Can't say I've seen this before, do you have lights in the scene?
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Melak wrote: »
    Aw, for a second I thought YOU were converting from maya to max. :p

YouA’re mistaken Batman! :lol:
    2) pressing space locks the selection, but the object doesnt actually look selected. those brackets could also mean that the object is animated...but that's unlikely. When selected, usually the edges of the objectshould light up. If its only those brackets you can turn them off with j (in each viewport)

Thank you! The "j" made the brackets to disappear. :)
    1)Can't say I've seen this before, do you have lights in the scene?

Never mind... The lights arenA’t visible, by anyway. But... using the menu option "select by name" and only leaving the "lights" checkbox selected, I can see the names of A LOT of lights. After to select and delete all them, the render is working as desired. Forgot to mention that IA’m a Max 9 user. Maybe the "hidden" lights are a result of a bug between fbx and max 9.
    Thank you bro! :thumb:
  • StarshipStarship465 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    edited March 2022 #4
    I´m in the middle of vacancy, and become to play with 3ds max (version 2016) again. After to browse my wips folder, I found the unfinished conversion (which I started in 2011 :s ) of the Cheyenne class buit by Kenneth Leischman in Maya.
    So, I solved to cross the last mille. Conversion is almost finished:
    uamvz6a0lsru.jpg
    awmiu79xyxh7.jpg
    jfjarmu3m4cm.jpg
    qdtdbw7lw1o7.jpg
    8kpr4bv2vqao.jpg
    xjucqprp1ey4.jpg
    Post edited by Starship on