Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2D300 ton Far Trader (Traveller): 2D plans

124»

• Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    umm, you need to drop "group" for the name.
  • traqtraq0 Posts: 0Member
    hmm... how'd that sneak back in?
  • ZoxesyrZoxesyr332 Posts: 0Member
    I want this ship for my traveler campaign!
    Watch my Traveller blog. I'll be posting the link once the ship is up for sale.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Maybe the gradient from left to right, being gold, to a light green?
    As for the fifth comment, while the cockpit area would certainly not be the center of mass, you would need a strut for steerage, if the other landing wheel assemblies are not powered, for independent movement. The spaceport brass would prolly be happier if it was towed to its off loading berth
    could work. I had assumed that this was going to be basically trichromatic (black, white, and one other color - at this point, pale blue), but that's just based on what I've seen of Traveller publications like this one. Dave?

about the fifth wheel (no pun intended), I understand your points, and I admit that I'm settling on only four in large part because a fifth assembly -which would logically be at the bow- would cause problems with the existing design:

-- the air/raft bay is at the bow. there's no room to place a landing strut and housing. even if there were, the strut would be in the way, preventing the air/raft from being launched when the ship is landed (this was a key design consideration).

-- when landed, the nose of the ship is over three meters (10 ft.) above the surface. that's a long strut, compared to the others, which only extend one meter from the secondary hulls. the size of the strut would require a disproportionate amount of stowage.

In any case, I'm comfortable that the four struts will be sufficient. You're right that the cockpit isn't the center of mass (sorry for being unclear); that's where the vehicle mass averages to. The secondary hulls hold almost all of the ship's weight: fuel and propulsion. The remainder of the vehicle is almost empty space by comparison, and all of the heavy equipment in the primary hull (power plant, reserve fuel, etc.) is aft of the bridge.
    Black white and blue are all it really needs.

If we do a delux version later on, then we can jaz things up with full color, but not at this price point.
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I'd capitalize "Trillium." And abbreviate "engineering" with an E, not an I.
    Jenny - I had the same question (I thought it was supposed to be "Inc."). Dave's answer:
    "Ing" is the Versis Legal Abbreviation for Industrial Group.

About capitalization: I kinda like it this way... any other opinions?
    traq wrote: »
    Jenny - I had the same question (I thought it was supposed to be "Inc."). Dave's answer:
    "Ing" is the Versis Legal Abbreviation for Industrial Group.
    About capitalization: I kinda like it this way... any other opinions?
    "hay he dropped a cap" was my first impression as well, but then i remembers a comment from a marketing class. "Dropping a capital to lower case is a tactic some companies use to make them seem less imposing. Its commonly done when a major conglomerate wants to be perceived as smaller than they actually are."

Considering that trillium Ing is literally a mega corp (employing more than 60 million people, and operations on more than 30 worlds) in an economy thats mostly geared toward small business, they're like a blue whale in a fish pond full of minnows. They do what they can to look small, operating behind the names of the many smaller companies they hold controlling shares in. They only use the trillium name when working on projects that require a company of their size; operating a Star Yards, erecting skyscrapers, and the like.
    Erm, an image of the flower, with a gold Gothic T font cetered, would be a nice looking logo
    s1P.png s2P.png s1E.png
    That aught to wet there whistles.
    yes sir, they prolly have started drooling. Good job
    thanks!

the final sheet set will include pullouts of each major compartment, equipment (maneuver drive, jump drive, power plant, computer cores), and maybe the air/raft and docking bay (level of detail will depend on if I can settle on a design I really like or not :D ).

so, thanks again, I'm glad you all like it. I'm going to stop updates to this thread and open a 3D wip later this evening.

thanks!

[thread=77481]here it is.[/thread] enjoy!
    Hello everyone - long wait, but I've got some great news! The booklet is finished, and we are "Going for Broke":

kick.png

Check out our Kickstarter!

We hope to have funding, in the next 30 days, to publish the Fat Cat in "Dead Tree" format!

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread for their input - you helped! Any questions, please, let me know!
  • ssgbryanssgbryan0 Posts: 0Member
    Unfortunately, these 2 little rat bastards have pocketed the kickstarter money ($10,384) and never actually delivered the product.