Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DApollo Class

StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
edited October 2012 in Work in Progress #1
IA’m bring back to life an old ship from the well known wolfpack member named Eric Peterson. :) The Apollo class was an Ambassador variant built by Eric in 1998, and the mesh isnA’t a public release. Just a bunch of peoples has the mesh.
Matten Greenway, other wolfpack member, was kind enough to provide me a few renderings of that old mesh, and now IA’m trying to build a new version of her. :)
The main blocks are all in place, and IA’ll start to add details aas my free time permits. Hope that you like.
88090.jpg
88091.jpg
88092.jpg
88093.jpg
Post edited by Starship on
Freak
Tagged:

• StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Last ones for today. ItA’s 04:00 AM here, and I need to sleep. :D
    88094.jpg88095.jpg88096.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    I've always rather liked this. It's sort of the Reliant of the C-era.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    has something of the nebula class too.

not sure i like those nacelles
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    Always liked this class. Take any class, Miranda-ize it, and you have the makings of a winner in my book.

Interesting idea to have the secondary hull so small relative to the saucer. I think that's going to work. I like the nacelles so far. I believe in letting the nacelles pretty much stay the same when you "bash" a class. I don't think the gun barrels work. They look out of scale on such a large ship. I would come up with something with a different shape, a more tech look. Of course, you may not feel like taking liberties if you are copying previous work.
  • largolargo331 Posts: 0Member
    I've also always loved this class. I know it is in early stages but for my two cents I would make the secondary hull a little larger. I like the ship and it's 'younger' sister then Nebula, with the Nebula though we have a large secondary hull in proportion to the main hull. That is just my thought.
    Great work so far!
  • blackbird17blackbird170 Posts: 0Member
    Nice work on the Apollo class, I didn't know this shipped was designed until I imported into Star Trek Armada 2 as a kitbash gaming ship. But regardless this would of been a nice addition into canon Star Trek starship design and a cool predessor to the Nebula Class. Keep up the good work and keep those updates coming....Like to see an Orthos of this ship.
    Always liked this class. Take any class, Miranda-ize it, and you have the makings of a winner in my book.

You have the right to be silent. You have the right to wear your nacelles low. You have the right to a rollbar....
  • BasillBasill172 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome. I'm glad to know someone still has that mesh. I had heard it was lost a few years back.

Nice start and nice Mateen Greenway render (I was always a fan of his back in the Wolf days ;) ). Amazingly, I don't think I've ever seen that ship from an aftward angle. I had no idea what that shuttle bay looked like. :D
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Ahhh, the wolfpack... simpler times eh?... I don't remember this class from back then, but I've always been a fan of the Nebula. I'm not keen on the big guns either, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now. :)
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Yep, this is an oldie, but a goodie.
    Basill wrote: »
    Awesome. I'm glad to know someone still has that mesh. I had heard it was lost a few years back.

Nice start and nice Mateen Greenway render (I was always a fan of his back in the Wolf days ;) ). Amazingly, I don't think I've ever seen that ship from an aftward angle. I had no idea what that shuttle bay looked like. :D

Thank you all for the kind words. IA’ll try not to disapoint you.;)
    Basill: Yes, the mesh was lost by Eric. I tryed to have a copy of this mesh years ago when he posted a message here at SFM telling us the mesh was lost. But... later I found MateenA’s site and a rendering with this mesh was there. Mateen still has the original mesh and was kind enough doing me renderings of her, so, now I can build my own. Already forgot... one of the legends from Wolfpack, Mateen is a member here. :)
    About the sec hull, yes, it is out of scale. Need to redo it.
    About the naceles, they are the ones from Ent-C just flipped down, as envizioned by Eric.
    About the weapons, IA’ll take a look.

Hope to have an update later today. LetA’s see. ;)
  • Don't ShootDon't Shoot382 Posts: 116Member
    Dannage wrote: »
    Ahhh, the wolfpack... simpler times eh?...

Simpler times?? yeah, right... Always had to check your affiliations back them and to which group your loyalty belongs. Glad these times are out, not to mention it was lonely back then - few people had a 3d program and you would need to be someone's apprentice just to learn how to do serious stuff...

Anyway, as for the ship... I love the concept alot and that split platform is just an awesome thing.
    However, I believe the secondary hull would look nicer with a round dish, like the one on the ambassador.
    can't wait to see more!
    ...Anyway, as for the ship... I love the concept alot and that split platform is just an awesome thing.
    However, I believe the secondary hull would look nicer with a round dish, like the one on the ambassador.
    can't wait to see more!

Thank you Nir!

The sec hull was redone, and now I believe itA’s perfect!
    I still need to redo the plataform and the pylons in one piece, more like the Ent-C.
    Ignore the lights, cause they are just temp ones to point mesh errors (IA’m happy that no one was pointed :D ).
    88194.jpg88195.jpg88196.jpg
    That's lookin' darn hot.
  • backsteptbackstept2018 Posts: 919Member
    looks like good ideas don't fall too far from the tree
    my Carina class is very similar :thumb:
    backstept wrote: »
    looks like good ideas don't fall too far from the tree
    my Carina class is very similar :thumb:

Oh yes, I saw her. Well executed! :)
    In fact, it was what made me to remember this old project of mine. :D Since now I have blueprints of this old lady, the project can go ahead. ;)
  • sarabandosarabando0 Posts: 0Member
    she looks awesome
    ItA’s update time!
    - The pylons and the plateau were redone in just one piece.
    - The sensors were redone
    - mesh erros were corrected
    - the original version donA’t had a neck, but my version will have a small one. :D

ItA’s better? :)
    88437.jpg88438.jpg88439.jpg88440.jpg88441.jpg
  • StarscreamStarscream231 Posts: 1,049Member
    That forward/ventral view (apol2.jpg) reminds me of the Reliant - makes me want a TWOK-style fight between this and the Ent-C.....
  • SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Way better, Cassio. Nice work so far! :thumb:
  • RaenRaen0 Posts: 0Member
    Ambassador variant? Looks more like a Nebula variant to me. But that's cool, I like the Nebula-class. Nice going so far.
    Well, the Nebula is a Galaxy variant so it stands to reason that it's the same for the Apollo being a derivative of the Ambassador.
  • RaenRaen0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh... you mean because it's a Galaxy-class kitbash, I see.
    Exactly! ;)
  • TrekcrossTrekcross171 Posts: 0Member
    Glad to see this one again, I have seen several different versions, the last one right before Scifi-art.com went away. I think yours shows great potential to duplicate the original. Good work so far.
    Update.
    The neck and the torpedo launcher were redone to look more TNGish. :)
    88500.jpg88501.jpg
    Ap1.jpg 166.7K
    Ap2.jpg 476.7K
    Update time!
    Progress is slow, I know, but sheA’s surelly taking shape. :D
    Added the bridge, pods, phaser stripes, a new neck, and a "ring" to the front of the sec hull.
    88925.jpg88926.jpg88927.jpg88928.jpg
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Looks nice Cassio :thumb: Smooth and nicely detailed so far !
    Updates...
    Added the thrusters, and started to play with colors.
    88979.jpg88980.jpg
    JES
  • MOON'S EYEMOON'S EYE0 Posts: 0Member
    I was never a fan of the Nebula until I started playing with one in Star Trek Online ... love it now.

And so ... I really like the direction you are taking with this one -- especially the mission pod.