Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalMicro Machine Size Creations

sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
edited June 2012 in Work in Progress #1
Hello all. Since Sci-Fi Meshes has a physical modeling section I figured that I would post some pictures of the ships that my brother has made for me over the years. He started off very basic in the modeling and casting and now he can produce some detailed little ships in complicated molds. The pictures attached are just some of the ships he has made. The ships themselves are made from an epoxy call Kneadatite and the mold that he makes are out of resin that you can buy at any hardware store.

The ships in the pictures are:
Stargate Universe - Aurora-class Ancient ship, X-303 (Prometheus), the Excalibur (inspired by a member on this site-his design), BC-304 (Daedalus), O'Neil-class Agard ship and a Ha'Tak

Babylon 5, Farscape & Andromeda - Victory-class cruiser, Whitestar (copy from the AOG metal version), Warlock-class cruiser (copy from the AOG metal version), Tayln (Farscape), Andromeda Ascendant ship, and Moya

Star Wars - a copy of a Hapen Nova-cruiser and the Mon Remonda that were released by Hasbro Micro Machines (originals are on the left), Eclipse-class Super Star Destroyer, Hapen Battle Dragon, Doomgiver, Liberator-class cruiser, Marauder, Carrack-class cruiser, Lancer-class cruiser and Assault-cruiser

I have more but I will post them later. As for the recent ships he has made for me, they are: A new version for the Dreadnaught (SW) which you will see in later pic, Advanced Whitestar (B5), and the Valen MKII-class crusier (B5-Lost Tales). Once I finish the last two I will post them. Tell me what you think of my brother’s creations. Sorry about the paint jobs (by me), they are a bit crude.
73603.jpg
73604.jpg
73605.jpg
73606.jpg
73607.jpg
Post edited by sumisu55 on

• MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    That some very neat stuff mate. Come more close up shots would be great, as to better show off the detail. Could be difficult to take stable pics without a mini-tripod though. *cough*

:D
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    Wow they are soooo cool, i love the stargate ships a bit out of scale though but still excellent.

Try to get a 3d printer.
  • AtolmAtolm334 Posts: 76Member
    I love em!
    Especially the Hapan Battledragon!
    does your bro take comissions?
    PM me and let me know :)
  • sumisu55sumisu55331 Posts: 0Member
    Well glad that you guys like them. I wish I could get a 3-D printer but that would also mean that I would have to model these on the computer. Nah.

First Pic: MC-70, Bothan Cruiser and Victory-class Star Destroyer
    Second: Old and new - the ones on the left are his first try at a Dreadnaught and an Interdictor Cruiser. The ones on the right are his newest trys.
    Third:Strike Crusier, MC-90, Corellian Gunship, a type of Star Destroyer that he found on line and a Nebula-class Star Destroyer
    Fourth:A World Devestator and the Star Forge

I am still working on trying to get the Valen Mark II Cruiser from B5 up and a Puddle Jumper Prototype up. I will try to do it in the next update. Enjoy.
    73699.jpg73700.jpg73701.jpg73702.jpg
  • MEATLOAFrMEATLOAFr331 Posts: 0Member
    nice ones, plan on makeing molds and selling them?
  • Shadowknight1Shadowknight10 Posts: 0Member
    These are cool! I soooo want the Andromeda...
  • solariesolarie0 Posts: 0Member
    ^ lol Ill take the warlock then ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    sumisu55 wrote: »
    Well glad that you guys like them. I wish I could get a 3-D printer but that would also mean that I would have to model these on the computer. Nah.

First Pic: MC-70, Bothan Cruiser and Victory-class Star Destroyer
    Second: Old and new - the ones on the left are his first try at a Dreadnaught and an Interdictor Cruiser. The ones on the right are his newest trys.
    Third:Strike Crusier, MC-90, Corellian Gunship, a type of Star Destroyer that he found on line and a Nebula-class Star Destroyer
    Fourth:A World Devestator and the Star Forge

I am still working on trying to get the Valen Mark II Cruiser from B5 up and a Puddle Jumper Prototype up. I will try to do it in the next update. Enjoy.

You could always try this: CNC Wood Carving Machine Tools & Tips by CarveWright Rockler and ShopBot
    I haven't used it, but I am considering it though.. just for small parts.
    Thanks for all the input and comments. As promised, my brother's Puddle Jumper prototype and Valen Mark II. Enjoy.
    73767.jpg73768.jpg73769.jpg73770.jpg73771.jpg
  • AtolmAtolm334 Posts: 76Member
    Yeah those are sweet :)
    I tried to get some close-ups but they came in too blurry. And I know this is not a small ship but I figured I would share something else he made. It is the Pelican from HALO and it is made completely from CD cases. All 4 of the engine pods move and the ramp in the back comes down. Enjoy.
    74037.jpg74038.jpg74039.jpg
  • any thoughts on making molds? I'd definately go for the nebula star destroyer
    any thoughts on making molds? I'd definately go for the nebula star destroyer

Well he has made molds of all the ships and he has made me a lot of ships. PM me if you want to know more.
  • TopherFTopherF0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey is there any chance on buying some of these and seeing more of what he has done??
    Sorry that I have not posted in a while. Time and materials have been running short lately. But, I have finished some new Valen Mark II cruisers, a new version of B5's Victory-class Heavy Destroyer, a Puddle Jumper and the city of Atlantis. I will have pictures up shortly, but I figured that I would let you guys know I am selling my old paint style Valen's on eBay if anyone is interested. Here is a link to one of them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110652460544&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

A total of 6 are being sold. Enjoy
    Well as promised here are the ships I have been working on with my limited free time. The first shot is all of the ships: Valen Mark II, Puddle Jumper (with extend pods and without), the newer version of the Victory-class Heavy cruiser, and Atlantis. The other two pictures are to show the difference between the two Victory's, with the old one on the left and the new one on the right. My brother does have other ships that he can make but we are both short on money and out of the epoxy we use. If things go right, we should have a new supply of epoxy soon and I should be able to update with his newest ships: from HALO - Convenent cruiser and battlecruiser, Cario Station, Amber Clad, Marathon-class and Halycon-class cruisers - and from Mass Effect (so far): a Turian Battlecruiser.
    87737.jpg87738.jpg87739.jpg
    Well, until I can get the refined versions of the ships, here are prototypes that my brother made of the HALO ships and a Turian Cruiser (next to one of the Atlantis' that I gave him). I grab the pictures from his deviantART page. Enjoy
    87755.jpg87756.jpg
  • JohnnyMuffintopJohnnyMuffintop173 Posts: 0Member
    Mass Effect ships?!? I'm excited.
    Also, great work on all the stuff so far.
  • Bigd524Bigd524406 ScotlandPosts: 178Member
    You should start to sell them as the micro machines versions "titanium Series" were at the same level... i would buy them all in a heartbeat... they never done stargate ships...
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    These are better than the titaniums. hey, maybe you should send these to Hallmark!

Nice work here BTW
    http://www.starshipmodeler.co/gallery15/aw_122711_s2ent.html
    http://www.starshipmodeler.co/gallery15/ap_030212_usnshuttle.html
  • nukenuke171 Posts: 0Member
    I like the stargate ships. Its a shame they don't have a Titanium Series of Die-Cast for stargate like they did with Star Wars and Battlestart Galactica.
    Small update: The addition of a newly made Shadow Cruiser and copies of the G'Quan cruiser from the Hasbro version (but in the right color).
    93984.jpg
  • spartanclass3spartanclass30 Posts: 0Member
    I'm brand new to the forum and I joined it for a reason. I want to know if there is any way that I can get some of the star wars models or some models like the ones you've got above. I would welcome anyone's input on this as I am trying to create a game involving pieces of this size and will need them in rather large amounts of 20 or so per piece. Thanks guys!!
    Thanks. If anyone is interested in these, PM me so we can discuss. I would rather save this for updates and peoples input. Thanks
    DSCF0691.jpg

My brother working on some more prototypes from Mass Effect.
    95357.jpg
  • andar_bandar_b0 Posts: 0Member
    You almost need a macrophotography rig. :)
    Well this picture is out of date. You can also add some to the Migrant Fleet ships and a Mass Relay to the group. I will see if I can get a more up to date picture. But for your viewing pleasure - Top left to right - Asari cruiser, Destiny Ascension, Earth Dreadnaught, Earth Cruiser, Earth Heavy Cruiser, Turian Cruiser, Harbinger, Sovereign, Geth Transport and a Geth Cruiser. I know he still wants to add Normandy's 1 and 2 to the lot as well.
    96191.jpg