Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

AnimationChris2005's Stuff

• Chris2005Chris2005675 Posts: 3,096Member
    stfanboy wrote: »
    Great Animation Chris love you work. Only thing is I don't like this part of the movie.

Well, this work is from 2007, crap by my standards today, lol.
    oldmangreg wrote: »
    Yea. Even without shields, the Galaxy-class can easily beat a Bird of Prey.

haha, I plan to redo this battle, I'm working on a WIP disruptor fire, of course it's a rapid fire, for the shots in the DS9 episode, just to get the feel for Linked Xform, it's a life saver, phasers, and perfect targeted splines for disruptor pulses, solved all my weapons problems, no more hand key framing positions, just timings and voila.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC 12GB
    1TB NVMe SSD, 2 x 1GB SATA SSD, 4TB external HDD
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Here is the test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6hv64JbWwc

As I said, just getting a feel for Linked Xforms, to use for perfectly targeted disruptors, still need to perfect the disruptor charge itself, but it's a start.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    WIP1:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6hv64JbWwc

WIP2:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U95iJYsoee4

Just getting a feel for Linked Xforms, to use for perfectly targeted disruptor.

Not quite sure how to perfect the disruptor, I added length, and slowed it down, so it's noticeable, but I'm not sure how to get to look like the TV shows/movies
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Try making the target a point behind the camera, not the camera itself, we've never seen the shots hit a single spot, they always hit two different spots. The speed is currently more that of a Federation Pulse Phaser, slow it down a tad more. Make the green a bit more radiant. I've always seen the disruptor "bullets" as elongated mini-torpedoes, maybe this'll help you as well.
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    I totally agree about this battle. Remember When Kruge and Kirk fought? Kirk easily pawned that Bird of Prey, only because the shields didn't work, Kruge managed to get a lucky shot (to quote his unlucky former gunner). That was a century before this, we've seen it throughout several shows, even the Domnion War that mostly, those Birds of Prey are quick toast. Even if you add hero-bonus (or in that case villain-bonus).

As per the video: The bridge-section and the wings are too static. If you rewatch the movie, you'll see the bridge and neck tilt clockwise a great deal before exploding.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    I lost count how many times I saw that BoP explode in ST VI, Generations, and I'm pretty sure a few episodes of TNG as well lol
    Aresius wrote: »
    The bridge-section and the wings are too static. If you rewatch the movie, you'll see the bridge and neck tilt clockwise a great deal before exploding.

Yea, this video is like 2 years old, such dynamics were beyond my skill at this time.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    There are exactly, 154 lights in this scene, most of which are attributed to the drydock.

85 Helpers, most of them are used for the drydock flares... since the omni lights have falloff, finalFlares acts weird with it on, so I apply the flares to dummy objects at the same XYZ coordinates as the omni lights.

:D

Just an image for now, once I get some more of the animation done, I'll post a video preview.

Enterprise by Dennis Bailey, converted by Mylex67
    87528.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Its a good start so far :)
  • trekkitrekki939 Posts: 1,394Member
    Cool, wait for more.
    :flippy:
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Those light flares don't look quite right somehow. Like they're pasted in place instead of being captured through normal optics. I find it very distracting to the scene.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Those light flares don't look quite right somehow. Like they're pasted in place instead of being captured through normal optics. I find it very distracting to the scene.

They're rendered in the shot, using Cebas FinalFlares.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Looks good.

Its just me, but the dock sequence for recut for TWOK... I like it a little better that TMP version :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayVpKR9Ziak

Reliant by Al3D, converted by KnightRider
    Enterprise by Dennis Bailey, converted by Mylex67

attachment.php?attachmentid=46179&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1298348964
    87901.png
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • F9thCenturusF9thCenturus331 Posts: 5Member
    Sweet. As much as I love the movies, sometimes I wonder how the space sequences would look if they redid them all in CGI, especially ST5.
    Not much to that preview, about 70% of it was text.

Models look good, should be interesting, might wanna lower the scene lighting to match the film though
    Not much to that preview, about 70% of it was text.

Models look good, should be interesting, might wanna lower the scene lighting to match the film though

True, but still, a preview is well a preview, it's a foreshadowing of sorts, lol.

Yea, I'm working on that... ;)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    The only thing that struck me as odd was the first shot of the Enterprise. It's way too brightly lit, but everything else looked good considering (as you said) it's just a preview. The model of the Reliant looks great. I started building one about a year back, but I got sidetracked by other things and would likely have to start from scratch again now. I'm looking forward to seeing the final version of this.
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Sweet. As much as I love the movies, sometimes I wonder how the space sequences would look if they redid them all in CGI, especially ST5.

The ships look beautiful. F9th, I'm with you. Of all the Trek movies, ST5 is the one that would have benefited the most from CGI FX to replace the original FX. Sadly, even Shatner offering to cover the expense did not convince Paramount to do so when the special editions were released.
  • yiggyyiggy0 Posts: 0Member
    TrekMD wrote: »
    The ships look beautiful. F9th, I'm with you. Of all the Trek movies, ST5 is the one that would have benefited the most from CGI FX to replace the original FX. Sadly, even Shatner offering to cover the expense did not convince Paramount to do so when the special editions were released.

There has been attempts to re-edit STV with updated effects and to eliminate the slapstick comedy. Unfortunately none has been finished... My favorite is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4419uUhaUw

I think what was being attempted was really in the right direction. (Watch all videos.)

-Y

I also am very partial to this ending that someone threw together. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r95vdk0mYy0
  • TrekMDTrekMD192 Posts: 639Member
    Oh yes, I had seen some of that before and it looks very good. Definitely steps in the right direction. Just wish it were official stuff on the DVD/Blu Ray! :)
    I think ST V proves that if you dont get ILM to do your special effects, it shows lol
    I think ST V proves that if you dont get ILM to do your special effects, it shows lol

True, the only decent visual effect from ST V was "God." LMAO.

Right now, I'm trying to get a shot like this with lighting similar to this:

twokhd0316.jpg
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
    Did they film the ENT differently from how they shot the ship in TMP?

In terms of lighting and how the ship looks, you can see the differences in effects
    Did they film the ENT differently from how they shot the ship in TMP?

In terms of lighting and how the ship looks, you can see the differences in effects

I think it's just post color adjustments, a good number of shots, it has this blur hue to it, mainly the shots they reused from TMP.
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    32 GB RAM
    Windows 11 Pro
  • wjasperswjaspers332 Posts: 0Member
    For TWOK, by using dulling spray, they destroyed the pearlescent gloss of the model.
    Is there a reason why they used Dulling Spray? did the ship look too shiny?
  • wjasperswjaspers332 Posts: 0Member
    Done for the model to be used in the bluescreen photography technique. (else they would get "holes" in the model)