Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalFW Imperial Space Marine

12346»

• MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Yeh, the original plan was to have him at the same scale as the marine, but gradually some size increase crept in to keep the termy in proportion to itself. But it became clear that just a few cm in height increased resulted in a different scale altogether.
    I don't mind, really, as the models were never meant to be 'paired-up', I just really like that (rough) size scale to paint.
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Screw this "proper" business. How much?! How much?!
    lol, ah well, it's not as if it were heavy negotiations or anything. His base price was 150 quid + shipping and in the end we agreed on 200 quid minus shipping 'cuz I wanted a little bit extra in detailing and also because his quality and tempo were so amazing. He remodeled some bits (like the helmet) two or three times because I was suffering from a mild 'goldilocks' syndrome. ^^
    All in all, he spent two months on it and the speed of his progress was amazing as the finish is of very good quality I think. Those surfaces are slick and smooth as hell.

Photo011-8.jpg
    Pretty damn cheap, all things considered. Would probably cost five times that from Forge World.

What are the actual dimensions?
    Well, I gave him a quick measurement and he's standing 19cm from the bottom of the feet to the top of the armour. And he's roughly 14 wide from shoulder to shoulder. :D
    Too bad you're not down in my neck of the woods. Could make some silicon moulds from him and cast you a whole squad.
    Hehehe nifty! But on the other hand, i wouldn't want anything to do with GW's legal hit squads bearing down on the sculptor and beating to a bloody pulp.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent job on the Blood Angel Meph ! :thumb:

Jas

(Click to enlarge)

mephmodels.jpg
    LOL, great picture Binkerman! :D

Well, the drop pod belongs to a mate of mine. He's been painting a Space Wolf army alongside mine. I'll gladly post some pics of it as it progresses... ^^
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Oh man, that marine came out sweet, can't wait to see what you do with the termie.
    Thanks mate! If all goes well I'm starting the biggie this weekend. :D
    Here's the reworked Skully. I just gave it a light wash of devlan mud+gryphonne sepia+water. Next I played around a bit some weathering powders, which I applied with just Vallejo acryllic thinner.
    Looking better, innit?

IMG_2417.JPG
    Oooh. Yes, much better. Actually looks like a skull now instead of limewashed rock from someone's garden.
    Wehey! Eet ees feeneeshed!

FWMarine.jpg
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent job Meph !! ... Well done mate ! :thumb: ... Your final presentation pic should be printed up as a poster and framed ....

You should submit that pic to Forgeworld, ... Could well end up on their site as an additional pic show casing that model (I'm not joking) ... do it, and see what happens ....

Jas
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Very Cool!
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome, very well done.
    Cheers guys! Hehehe, well, I did actually send that pic to Forgeworld last night. Some time ago, after a follow-up mail for something or other, one of the Forgeworld people mentioned that they're always eager to see what people have done with their models. Little did he know that I would take him up on it. Muhaha! ;)

Also, I think I'm going to give this a shot with the big guy:
    The Lowlands Painting Competition.

Oh, and feel free to give him a vote as well! ^^
  • Cata_bRcCata_bRc0 Posts: 0Member
    Very very cool man. Good job.
    Cheers mate! :D
    As a request from someone over at DakkaDakka, I made two 1920x1080 backgrounds, threw 'm together in an hour. :)

MarineBackground01.jpg
    MarineBackground02.jpg

I actually managed to get second place in the GW Lowlands Painting Competition in Amsterdam, even got a mistyped mention/listing on the GW site, yay me!

Article 1
    Article2 - Listing

I didn't attend the Amsterdam session myself sadly. With the fuel costs these days it would've cost me around 140 EUR for fuel and parking and that was a bit steep to go just show a model for a competition with nothing to win. So the GW folks of GW Antwerp were kind enough to take the mini along for judging. the winner was actually the same guy that also got 1st place in the Antwerp heats, where I also got 2nd place.
  • ArmondikovArmondikov0 Posts: 0Member
    Second place? Criminal!
    Aye! :D