Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

PracticalFW Imperial Space Marine

• MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    'k dude, then we need pics to identify 'm :D
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Right, got around to taking pics and here they are. First to show the bits close up, second to show em next to the space marine torso to provide a sense of scale. They look ever so vaguely tau-ish, but could be Eldar also. Not sure...

edit: Course, helps if I attach the flippin pics...

Photo377.jpg

Photo378.jpg
  • KadaeuxKadaeux0 Posts: 0Member
    At least one of them belongs to one of the Tau Crisis suits.
    Indeed, the second part is from this thing: XV84 Crisis Battlesuits
    The first would seem to be very similar. So as long as you're not missing any of the regular marine parts, no problem it seems. Perhaps it's a subtle hint from the FW guys that you need to start collecting Tau. :D
  • Hay hello
    New user here.
    I'm currently on the process of building this model myself and I'm seeking some inspiration but the pictures in this post are all gone...

Could you please upload again or perhaps if you be willing to share email them to me?
    I'd really appreciate it if you could.

Thanks.
  • Hello, Holm76.
    I may not be an admin, but I should let you know that you have just "bumped" this thread.
    To put it simply, no-one's put a message in this thread in 10 months, and then you come and ask for something which people would consider to be a bit pointless. If you want something like that, go to the user in question's profile page and send them a private message.

I don't mean to be unkind or harsh or anything, just letting you know you've broken a rule that is universal for most forums on the internet.

Besides that, enjoy your time here!
  • GuerrillaGuerrilla789 HelsinkiPosts: 2,865Administrator
    Image links fixed. They should all be visible now.

Anyway, listen to Captain Shrike, and please do try to avoid necroposting in the future. :)
    Comco: i entered it manually in the back end
    Join our fancy Discord Server!
    Actually... defibrillator powered up!
    There is progress, the model's not done yet but a few weeks ago I continued a bit on the base and detail pieces.

Enjoy!

I airbrushed some Graveyard Earth and some Vallejo green, followed by a brown and a black wash, both heavily thinned down with Klear

IMG_1868.JPG
    IMG_1869.JPG
    IMG_1870.JPG
    IMG_1873.JPG

And also two shots of a side project I'm working on. ^^
    The second pic is on a 15 second shutter time to try and capture the glow-in-the-dark paint. But of course this makes the image of rather poor quality. In real life it's a lot more impressive. :D

IMG_1875.JPG
    IMG_1879.JPG
    IMG_1881.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    Look what the cat dragged back in!!

Nice work Mate, "Glow" pic is a little blury, I bet it looks better in person.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Wow. nice job. I hope you get to finish this project. And thanks for bringing this thread back to life since I broke a rule I have never heard about :)

Great job although I will never get mine to look this great. Hell I cant even paint the small space marines to a decent standard so how could I be able to pull any kind of job on a model this size..

It will be a fun project though.

Thanks again.
    Thanks Freak! Although i may have been a bit quiet on the forae, I was never really gone *goes all misty-eyed*. Let's just say i got a bit sidetracked. I'm building a blood Angels army again to take on a mate in a few months time. the mini-bug bit me again. ^^

@Holm76: Two key words here. patience and an airbrush. And actually the larger surfaces of the big Marine make it easier to look good than a tiny 28mm marine. The larger surfaces create a natural highlighting that you have to fake on smaller models. And don't worry about the necro-threading. it's just considered a bit of a no-no to drag an old thread out of the ditch as it makes people all around the forum jump, throw their arms in the air and scream *updates!*, only do to have their hopes crushed by lack of actual updates.... Of course, if the thread starter actually adds updates... now that's a whole different story. :D
    Finally, some updates! Slowly but steadily. The near completion of a commission I put in over at Coolminiornot urged me on to get that big marine finished before I start painting the even bigger guy. 'Cassar' over at CMON is sculpting me a Terminator in the same scale as this FW marine, yay! ^^

So, first up, the bolter & scope, almost there on the bolter, the scope's got some work needed still.

IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG

And second, the base. I've got the feeling that's almost done as well but I feel it still needs something. I think I'll apply some more brybrushing here and there, and maybe some weathering powders and static grass. Any other idea's or suggestions?

IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
  • teknomancer2008teknomancer200866 Posts: 145Member
    Meph wrote: »
    Finally, some updates! Slowly but steadily. The near completion of a commission I put in over at Coolminiornot urged me on to get that big marine finished before I start painting the even bigger guy. 'Cassar' over at CMON is sculpting me a Terminator in the same scale as this FW marine, yay! ^^

So, first up, the bolter & scope, almost there on the bolter, the scope's got some work needed still.

IMG_2324.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG

And second, the base. I've got the feeling that's almost done as well but I feel it still needs something. I think I'll apply some more brybrushing here and there, and maybe some weathering powders and static grass. Any other idea's or suggestions?

IMG_2326.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG

might i suggest, that instead of static grasses, you use coir from a coir mat? might give more of a scale feel to it!!
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Looks fine to me as-is. I think people have a tendency to get carried away with bases and put too much detail on them. You don't want to distract from the actual figure.
    Coir ey... but where might I get that without having to buy a full mat or breaking in somewhere...

my plan was not to fill up all the earth bits with grass, but just a tuff or two, for some slight variety.
    Use the bits you need then bring the other half to me. I havent even started my one yet.
    Your request is confusing and unclear, my friend... You'll have to clarify:D
    *shh-click*

Some progress on the big 'un. The bolter and scope are almost finished. I kept the dagger's simple on purpose as ot's going to be almost completely covered by the hand holding it. Just need to do the lenzes and a few touch-ups here and there.

IMG_2337long.jpg
    IMG_2340-long.jpg
    IMG_2345.JPG
    And here's some further progress. First off some liquid mask guyliner, because even the tuffest of the tuff need to look fabulous.

IMG_2348.JPG

And then, an afternoon's worth of saliva and a pointy young brushling.

IMG_2352-Long.jpg
    IMG_2357-Long.jpg
    IMG_2359-Long.jpg
    What's with the skull? Are the Blood Angels recruiting deadites now?
    The skull's a something little extra for the base. ;)
    Ah. I saw this pic - http://postwarvandal.com/Meph/Physical/Marine/IMG_2345.JPG - and thought that's what he looked like under the helmet.
    That looks freaking sweet.
    I tried my hand at some 40K years ago. it looked like a six year old had done it. If I had your skills, I most likely be still doing it.
    Well, a big 'un like this is actually a lot easier to paint than a small one. much more leeway in everything. ;)

*drummroll*

IMG_2365.JPG
    IMG_2366.JPG
    IMG_2367.JPG
    IMG_2368.JPG
    IMG_2370.JPG
    IMG_2372.JPG
    IMG_2373.JPG
    IMG_2375.JPG
    Man that looks freaking sweet.

So when are you going to get back to some 3d modeling?
    Cheers mate...

Well... not in the very near future at least. it feels great to 'unplug' myself now and then, just put on some music and grab a paintbrush. It's quite therapeutic. ^^
    I've got at least three more projects to finish and then I can take a breather from the painty painty and maybe go back to the clicky clicky.

Oh, and here's a high-res piccie

But in the mean time... I did put in a 'commission' a while ago. Well, Tuesday went to pick up something from the post office and just spent the last 15 minutes dissecting bubble wrap like a brain surgeon. And oh joy of joys, every little tiny bit's intact! W00h00!
    Courtesy of the awesome sculpting skills of Cassar over at Coolminiornot.

IMG_2383.JPG
    IMG_2384.JPG
    IMG_2385.JPG
    Not bad, not bad, but there's one serious flaw that kind of spoils it. Here, I've fixed it for you:

fixedmarine.jpg

There, much better.

The termie looks interesting. He's a big sucker.
    Very Cool Stuff!
    ROFL! Now where's me shotgun?
    Heh heh... Pity, in some ways that the Termie looks a bit bigger scale than the marine (I'm assuming at least) but very impressed with the sculpt. Might not be proper to publically advise how much that sucker cost you but that's why we have PMs. :)