Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DTron Project

FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
edited January 2011 in Work in Progress #1
After doing the Tron disk picture, I was iching to do some more Tron stuff.
So I decided to do a lightcycle, it not going to be the same as the one in the movie, but it will use some of the same ellements.
If I remember correctly, they mention the new lightcycle is a 5th Genertion, and FlynnA’s is a second. If that is the case, I would put this somewhere imbertween the two.

lightcycle-front.png

lightcycle-side.png

lightcycle-rear.png

Modelled the footpads and brakes for the handlebars, I have also done some body work to the front. I still need to work on the back end, but I have some good ref for it.

lightcycle-handle-bars.png

tron-legacy-clip-jpg.png
86810.png
Post edited by Freak on
Tagged:

• FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    I been hunting down anything concept art I could find from Tron, most of the stuff I am finding is for the lightcycle.
    So I got a lot of good refA’s. One of the concept art, I came across was for the engine of the Lightcycle.

sp_lightcycle_engine1.jpg?w=300&h=161

As this has moving parts I decided to have a go at modelling this so that it will go into my Lightcycle as well as the Light Runner.
    I missed out part of the inner core, but the rest of the details is there.

lightcycle-engine.png

lightcycle-engine-2.png

I had to resize it a little so it would fit into the Lightcycle.

lightcycle-with-engine-close-up.png

To see an test animation of the engine check out my Blog.
    I have a cover that wraps over the rider and has a Disk on top. I also added some details to the side of the bike (The holes). This is was taken from some of the details on Fylnn’s Lightcycle. There are also flaps on the back of the bike, which you can see closed. I have not rendered any pic’s with it open.

lightcycle-finished-angle.png

lightcycle-finished-front.png

lightcycle-finished-rear.png

lightcycle-finished-side.png

lightcycle-finished-top.png

I am now ready to move onto the textuers.
  • Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    This bike is pretty cool , you got it spot on from the movie almost

I would like to see some more Mr II models, those bikes were sweet
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Looking good! Very nice start!!

You may want to check out some of the concept art for the tie-in/prequel game, Tron: Evolution, the light cycles they used are sort of a cross of Flynn's cycle and the newer ones:)
    Thanks guys.

Dr-T, I do plan on build Flynn's bike, I have found a few refs for it, but I want to do the Lightrunner first.

Today, I not come across concept art for the game, could you post a link? Thanks.

I just finished the classic Regnoizer, I'll post some pic tonight, if I get a chance.
  • todaytoday0 Posts: 37Member
    Freak wrote: »
    Today, I not come across concept art for the game, could you post a link? Thanks.
    There's quite a few here: http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2952822

Some more here: http://conceptartworld.com/?p=4614

There's also some on this site: http://www.crazybrush.com/?q=node/8
  • cuyacuya174 Posts: 55Member
    Good to see some one else doing tron, saw it the other night and am about to start doing the vintage bike. Also started testing doing the light trails and am quite pleased. let me know if you want the file to see how i did it.
    86821.jpg
  • PagrinPagrin171 Posts: 0Member
    Good job Freak. This is progressing real well.
    Thanks guys.

@ cuya, The light trail looks great. I have sent you a PM.

finished off the classic Regnoizer form the orignal film.
    As the design is so simple it only took me a few hours to do it, most of the time was spent on getting the scale right.

I used my cockpit chair and “MAX” in the cockpit of the Regnoizer, this helped with the scaling. However they will not stay. I am in two minds about modelling the cockpit as it is in the film or just putting a yellow window in to hid in the inside of the cockpit.

For the textuers I have gone with a reflective surface that is just off black and a red border for each of the blocks. I have already started to put a pictuer to gether using this, so will add the glow of the red in once the pictuer is ready to be render out.

regnoizer-angle.png

regnoizer-front.png