Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DCardassian Interfaces

commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
edited July 2012 in Finished Work #1
an here my last attempt to try alien interfaces: the Cardassians.

the graphics shows the panels and monitors of a console from Deep Space Nine OPS.
enjoy!
86602.png
86603.png
Post edited by commandersozo on
McCgnosis82
Tagged:

• commandersozocommandersozo492 Posts: 628Member
    and set 3 too.....
    86604.png
    McCgnosis82
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    Excellent
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Wonderful work, that one, I really love it.
  • homerpalooza67homerpalooza67228 Posts: 1,891Member
    Very nice. Joe Ralat now has competion!
    thnx, guys.

frankly speaken, there is no competition at all - i do this for fun and i have to salute Joe Ralat. He did admirable artwork long before i started to do stuff like this.....
    Besides, has Joe so far done something non-Federation?
    Can't remember...
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    Nice work on the Cardassian displays. :)

@ Aresius: Yeah, Joe has done non-UFP stuff. :)
  • LibraryComputerLibraryComputer0 Posts: 0Member
    Excellent work!
  • JoeRalatJoeRalat176 Posts: 486Member
    Thanks, I with commandersozo there is no competition. I am happy to see other people making LCARS. Its sad not to see him and his work on the forum, but its nice to see the graphics here.
    and here some more cardassian stuff. if you like to see more, visit my blog. enjoy!
    96625.png96626.png96627.png96628.png
    McC
    nice.
  • TovetteTovette5 Posts: 13Member
    I always chuckled in ST how Humans or aliens for that matter could instantly understand the computer layout of another species computer. Wouldn't there be alien writing all over the place? I don't think the universal translator covers visual translation.
    ^
    absolutely right, tovette. i think, it only works, when you unterstand the underlying logic in a computer system. then to unterstand the layout should be eesy.

btw. thnx for the comments.
    Precisely... It's all logic. You have your computer in your language and you know it pretty well. So go to China, where they have a completely different language set and you're still able to operate the computer, because you know what the buttons do (it doesn't matter if it says Start or 出发, the fuction is the same). True, a Cardassian computer may emphasise more military, where a Federation computer may emphasise science, but once you understand the basic operation sequence and the meta-ideal of the race that build the computer, you don' need to read it.
    After all, have you checked the LCARS? There's no text, it's just numbers....
    Why? Because numbers are a universal conpcept. It doesn't matter what race you are, one is always one, two is always two; no matter how you pronounce it.
    After a long, long time a new cardassian graphic from DS9: the security office console. so you see, i'm still working on that -rarely and slow...enjoy!

5l0m4kiecj6o.jpg
    McCLizzy777lewisnivenraztovtrekki