Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DAliens Pulse Rifle

GrumsGrums0 Posts: 0Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey,

Thought I'd try my hand at some weapon modelling, and no better weapon to try than the Pulse rifle from aliens.

I plan to get this in a game engine, so far I just finished the high poly. Up next is the low poly, but I thought I'd post some images for feedback. I tried my best to keep it like the original. I got a ton of references online, but all seem to vary slightly someway in design. Heres some shots.

EDIT: Updated the model.

sideyy.jpg

pulsefront.jpg

pulseside.jpg

Also, I was testing putting a second ammo counter at the back of the gun as it would be easier to see. But im not sure wheather is suits it or not. What do you reckon?
Post edited by Grums on
Tagged:

• LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Looks good, but I think you might want to round out the grip a bit more, especially around the front. Not ergonomic enough. Other than that, you've captured the essence of the gun itself. A second ammo counter would probably be good, like the marine rifle in Halo 2. Which game engine did you have in mind?
  • GrumsGrums0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Locke,

Thanks for the commments, I will round out the grip more. Also, I plan on putting it into UDK. It'll probably take me a while to do the low poly and texture it though. It's my 1st time modelling a weapon, and I reckon I might find baking a good normal map a little tricky. But hopefully it turns out okay.

Cheers.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Now all you need is the big gun Vasquez had, with the pussysensor...I mean motion sensor. Sorry, too much Modern Warfare 2. :P
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Randal RRandal R0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice, tis missing red diodes :-) just teasin ya.

I got the actual Pulse rifles sounds -I use in game Renegade- As minigun,chaingun on chars and vehicles.
    You got the gun I got the sounds lol-

be nice to hear it and see it in action.
    Oldmangreg, good idea. Never thought about attaching the motion sensor onto it, reckon it would look cool.

Queenhunter, yeah the pulse rifle sounds really are great. Hopefully when I get it textured, I'll make an ammo counter and try and have it as a usable weapon in Unreal or another game engine just to see what it looks like in action. Havent got a clue how to go about doing that at the minute though, have to look up a few tutorials on setting up weapons.
  • oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Don't forget to tape a flamethrower to it.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    dont worry, normal map baking is easy ;)
    where is the empty shells ejector ?
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Very cool build. Spot on, although the grip does seem a bit unergonomical.
    Hey Meph, thanks.

I updated the pics with the new the grip, I think it looks better now. But I could maybe still improve it, what do you think?

sideyy.jpg

L2K : I also updated the bit for the empty shells projector, I think its that part anyway. Im clueless with guns. Let me know what you think, or if its even the right part I updated.

Thanks.