Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLearning Blender Scenes and Compositing: Dynamic Warp Flybys, Multiple Classes

Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
edited December 2010 in Work in Progress #1
I'm trying to get a handle on nodes and compositing and combining scenes, as well as figuring out different ways to do the all-important warp streaks. I'm plugging along; thought it would be fun to share some of the clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdxGWlIYY4s
Post edited by Polaris 004 on
Tagged:

• Dr-TimelordDr-Timelord0 Posts: 0Member
    how long did each sequence take to render?
  • Polaris 004Polaris 004199 Posts: 752Member
    how long did each sequence take to render?

Good Question. First of all, I had ambient occlusion and ray tracing turned off, or things would have taken much longer. I timed the Dynamic Warp Pass for the New Orleans, and it took 21 minutes to render all 248 frames. That's pretty typical of my wait times. About 5 seconds a frame. The resulting clip was just over 9 seconds.

My computer is pretty good. It has a dual core processor and several gig of working memory. It's not top of the line or anything, but it's pretty good.

I'm encouraged, because I make models that are high polycount, and so I thought I might be limited with what I would be able to do with them. Turns out compositing is going to make just about everything possible.