Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3D[WIP] The Askiirkk (Plectitor Sapiens Rex)

The ForerunnerThe Forerunner0 Posts: 0Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey there fellow modelers.
It's been a while since I last posted anything here (family issues and stuff) but I'm back, and I present you with: The Askiirkk (pronounced Askari) the main race from my fiction universe; hope you like him.

It's still wip so comments and critique appreciated XD
Model made in 3ds max, sculpting and texturing in Zbrush.

Trk.jpg

Screens:

side-front_comp.jpg

face_persp.jpg

face-front.jpg

face-side.jpg

And the turntables

And again, comments are welcome :D

Trk2.jpg
Post edited by The Forerunner on

• SchimpfySchimpfy396 Posts: 1,632Member
    Not enough characters around here so this is very refreshing to see. Awesome work. :) Love that skin texture. :thumb:
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Great art, there. And stunning render craft, as well. Is it's mouth the beige area just below the eye-ridge? And if I may say, it could use a set of breathing vents (nose) just above the eye-ridge and below the head-gear.
  • The ForerunnerThe Forerunner0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP wrote: »
    Great art, there. And stunning render craft, as well. Is it's mouth the beige area just below the eye-ridge? And if I may say, it could use a set of breathing vents (nose) just above the eye-ridge and below the head-gear.

Thanks!
    Yup that's his mouth, and good idea! I'll add the vents :D
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    You might consider making them large, like a horse's. It looks like this guy would like to run a lot. Large breathing vents would make that easier.
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    LockeFP wrote: »
    You might consider making them large, like a horse's. It looks like this guy would like to run a lot. Large breathing vents would make that easier.

I agree, the shape of the "nose" already lends itself to having large nostrils. Though its legs look a little bulky for a runner. Though elephants are quite the chargers.