Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DRear Admiral Cain's Vipers - Prowlers (W.I.P.)

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited November 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hy all.

First of all - huge thanks to Zoic for beautiful high-res orthographic viper Mk VII pictures, as well as huge, huuuuuuuuuuuge thanks to elaborate site ShipsSchematics on their vast reference library. Also I modeled every polygon and ngon with much, much, much love, and so I give my homage to the best SERIES EVER in my own way - through this Viper I bring offerings to BSG :D. Seriosly. Also, this is my first tribute model ever, so the significance is great. I hope BSG fans will go nutz! when they see this, and I hope everyone else will like technical aspect (modeling, lightning, texturing) as well as storyline aspect as I go forward with this model.

SO SAY WE ALL!

CainsViperss_side_forumSize.jpg

Full size: http://powerlab.fsb.hr/dnovosel/patrik/vipermkVII/CainsViperss_side.jpg

I'm new to SFM, but I bring gifts. This is stil W.I.P., but it's almost finished. I only need to finish up engines and that's it. Idea is to present brand new polished viper, straight out of Beast's Belly (Pegasus Viper facilities). I present to you unique craft in all BSG Universum - Rear Admiral Cain's Vipers, being build in Beast's belly (Pegasus), a genuine idea of Pegasus' engineering ensign Lauron "Bulb" Haist - known for his out-of-the-box thinking.

For now, single Viper Mk VII CP (Cain's Prowlers) class is being build on Pegasus. This one will serve for familiarization with new cylon technology "inbred" with Colonial CNP.

Details of this story below:

On a specific occasion, Rear Admiral Cain approved wild hunt plan presented to her by her active CAG. The plan was: locate lone group of cylon raiders via raptor's scanners, commence pegasus jump once group is located, lock batteries on all raiders, destroy them, send squadron of raptors to salvage the least damaged raider, return to pegasus, commence untraceable pegasus jump.

Hardest of all was to locate lone cylon raider group, but ultimately they've hit the spot. Once salvaged raider was on board Pegasus, her engineering crew started to get familiar with cylon technology. After about month, they successfully connected organic cylon fibers with viper's optical cables. Control over cylon raider's head was maintained via Colonial CNP enhanced with genuine cylon code, therefore making this Viper Mk VII virtually uncrackable via cylon or colonial codes. Were this the only and best feature of this craft, it wouldn't be as important as it is.

Real sugar-bomb about this craft is, that implemented cylon head can send disruptive signal containing cylon-colonial code/virus to any craft within viper's standard scanner range, making it powerless, with no means of communication.

It's the same principle we can see in BSG miniseries when galactica's viper Mk VII squadron is being shut down, then massacred.
Post edited by Unknown User on

• L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    nice idea. model looks good
    what if you push it further? like replace completely the canopy with the cylon head?
    that would make a drone, and pilots wouldnt have to die anymore.
  • LockeFPLockeFP171 Posts: 0Member
    Well, you wouldn't want a Cylon in complete control of such a valuable asset, even if it has been coopted by the Colonials. Just too much to go wrong, there. Is that the Cylon Raider's "head" above and behind the cockpit? Pretty sweet stuff going on here. Although, is this just a 2D side shot, or is this an actual 3D model? If it's the latter, I'd love to get a few more angles of this beauty.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    hehe, same thinking here mate, the exact idea occurred to me while modeling, but firstly I wanted it to look like this only to follow storyline. I don't know if you've read storyline, but crew on Pegasus had big problems with establishing connection between viper's avionics and cylon-organic wiring, also there is problem with Colonial CNP and cylon coding working together. After a month, Pegasus' crew managed to run few relatively unfailing tests, but making this newly created weapon dependable and stable turned out to be quite painstaking job.

If you think about it, and you think about non-pilot viper under full CNP-cylon coding control of every function that viper has (scanners, maneuverability, data input/output link with BS Pegasus CIC, firing, targeting) - basically if all that worked, you'd have your own colonial raider - and that stage is impossible for now.

But don't get me wrong, Lauron "Bulb" Haist's idea was to make this what we have today (sure, it's undependable, but it works, so-so) and to upgrade it to fully CNP-cylon coding controlled non-pilot viper, but no one really thought that even today's progress would be possible, so idea of non-pilot viper will stay aside for some time.

also, glad you like it, and that we thought about the same step forward ;).
    LockeFP wrote: »
    Well, you wouldn't want a Cylon in complete control of such a valuable asset, even if it has been coopted by the Colonials. Just too much to go wrong, there. Is that the Cylon Raider's "head" above and behind the cockpit? Pretty sweet stuff going on here. Although, is this just a 2D side shot, or is this an actual 3D model? If it's the latter, I'd love to get a few more angles of this beauty.

while I was posting I didn't see that you already posted. Exactly, as I said in my previous post, they coped with "simple" connection of cylon raider head and viper's avionics and that's working so-so. Putting the whole viper under the CNP-cylon code control, presumingly that it would even fly - now that would be a real disaster.

Yup, there's cylon raider head above cockpit, and yup, this babe's 3D, and yup rends are on the way. (btw. I gave to all materials gloss at value of 0,2 and sample value at 10 + AA settings on 2 (min and max), so it renders a little bit slow, but yah, renders are on the way XD).
    LockeFP, L2K (so glad you like it guys), and all others, here is persp view of this Viper:

CainsViperss_persp.jpg
  • aylaa12aylaa120 Posts: 0Member
    Great work buddy excelent viper just one detail the battlestar's name its placed kinda wrong it should be right under the dorsal wing but it does not matter still is a great model wanna see more more jejejejeje
  • Capt DaveCapt Dave0 Posts: 0Member
    Mega props, that so cool.
    aylaa12 - woho, thanks very much, but I'm afraid that battlestar's name is at the right spot, check this link out: http://www.shipschematics.net/bsg/images/colonial/fighter_viper_mk7.jpg :D. also, stay tuned for more updates. gonna start finishing engines in the morning.

Capt Dave - so glad to be hearing this, ty :D

and here's newest perspective view:

CainsViperss_persp_2.jpg
    you're absolutely right my bad I confused it with the mk2 besides my bad the model is perfect can't wait to see more more and more jejejeje to say the least this is the best bsg model i've seen in a long time
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    what you should make is an arficial drone ie make a dron but have a cockput witha drone hed as a canopy but inside the canopy would be the cockpit and have ti and its pilot infultrate a cylone ship to gather infp
  • HundredHundred268 Posts: 1,021Member
    That's one sexy little space fighter you got there. Keep it up DraevalAWSA.
  • BolianAdmiralBolianAdmiral1114 Torrance, CaliforniaPosts: 2,560Member
    That's frakkin' awesome... I'm loving that black finish.
  • RonPadaRonPada0 Posts: 0Member
    I like this design. Keep the pilot! With all the Cylon viruses and ability to remotely infiltrate Colonial networks, I like the idea of having a human in control of the ship. If the Cylons were to regain controls of the integrated Cylon parts, the pilot could hit a kill switch in the cockpit and return the hybrid viper back into a Colonial fighter.
  • theCommandertheCommander0 Posts: 0Member
    Good work! I like it :thumb:
    We wanna see more more jejeje great work