Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCavebear Stuff

cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
edited February 2015 in Work in Progress #1
Been a while since I posted anything at all. First I moved then I started a new job then got married, etc...
So here is a Patrol Cruiser I am working on as I try to regain all the skills I have lost over the last year.:lol:
88169.jpg
Post edited by cavebear on
Tagged:

• danibenne4danibenne4171 Posts: 6Member
    Nice. I like your design. Keep up the great work.

Dan
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Intersting work. I like the look of it.
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    congrats on the wedding.... and a cool design...
  • cavebearcavebear179 Posts: 623Member
    Thanks for the feedback :) It's been a while but hopefully this will turn out okay.
    Dr Lee, Thanks :thumb:
  • DannageDannage236 Posts: 634Member
    Hey there CB, good to see you back man. Congrats on the wedding... or comiserations, depending on how far in the future you read this. :D

Good to see you back and though you say you're rusty, don't forget your first model here was a big flat brick, so this is a pretty cool and detailed start! Keep the updates comin. :)
    Slow progress but I was away at a hunting lodge for a while.
    Shiptypepatrolcruiser-009text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-008text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-007text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-006text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-005text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-004text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-003text.png

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-002text.png

PatrolCruiser012text.jpg
    May be a slwo process, but a nice one. ;)
    Thanks Aresius :)
    A little nose art.

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-010text.png
    Well, I turned my computer on around 10:00 hrs today and one of my 24 inch 1080p wide screen monitors went tits up. Dead as a door nail :o:(

Luckily Bruce was able to leave his parental duties (IE leave the kids with his wife) and help me put up my big monitor. ;):D

So now I have just one 24 inch monitor and one wall mounted 47 inch 1080p monitor :D

Wife is in the pic just for scale.

But now I have to replace the big monitor with a new TV the same size because I am stuck with the old 27 inch wide screen now for TV and BlueRay:argh:
    85650.jpg85651.jpg85652.jpg
    .....whoa!
    Cool eh? :D
    very.... i only have a tiny laptop screen to use here...so to see that.... very envious here
    Maybe only a lap top screen but it's what you can do with it! I have most of the tools but very little of the talent yet. But I'm working on it :)
    Okay, so I'm back and have not forgotten the Patrol Ship, however I have always wanted to do a Star Trek ship like those that you can find in the Starfleet Museum. They are pretty much the ones I like the most. So here, for the first time ever is my stumbling attempt at doing a Bison Variant. More than that though, this is the first time I have tried to do anything in an established style.

SFBisonVariant-007_mod.jpg
    SFBisonVariant-006_mod.jpg
    SFBisonVariant-005_mod.jpg
    SFBisonVariant-004_mod.jpg
    SFBisonVariant-003_mod.jpg
    SFBisonVariant-002_mod.jpg
    SFBisonVariant-001_mod.jpg
    At least with that huge 24'' monitor, you can goof around as if you had an MSD-screen, style wall-display (the first image reminded me to it, with the B5-like ship)...

Beautiful wife. Where's she from? I've a hunch, let's see if I'm right.
    She's from the Philippines :)
    http://digitaldownunder.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/6596 is where you can find the picture I had on the big monitor. The person who made it goes by the moniker of "wblack".
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    cavebear wrote: »
    A little nose art.

Shiptypepatrolcruiser-010text.png

I like this ship, very nice, is there more to come from this?!
    Hi Robert,
    Yes there will be more to come with the Patrol Ship. RL likes to take me away from things I like way to often but I should be back to doing some more soon.

PS: I also get bored easily so I have to have multiple projects going on at any one time. Once I get bored with whatever I am doing, I go back to the previous stuff :)
  • Robert HarrisonRobert Harrison1 Posts: 16Member
    cavebear wrote: »
    Hi Robert,
    Yes there will be more to come with the Patrol Ship. RL likes to take me away from things I like way to often but I should be back to doing some more soon.

PS: I also get bored easily so I have to have multiple projects going on at any one time. Once I get bored with whatever I am doing, I go back to the previous stuff :)

Oh yeah i hear you, i have 6 at the moment...
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    Great design C-Bear!..I have some suggestions:

It looks a bit retro..we're you going for that? If not, I'd loose two of the gun emplacements on the top. Then put one each on the sides just aft of the bow. This would greatly improve your fireing arcs and would improve the look as well. The problem with a "wet navy warship" type look is the entire bottom half of the ship is left undefended by the main battery, a little impractical for a starship.

And get those edges rounded off. That will improve the model ten fold. LOVE the wings markings on the bow BTW!
    Kind of retro but not really the surface navy thing. I don't want it to look quite like that so I have taken your suggestions and started to work with them. I have all ready moved the two front double gun turrets and I like them where they are now. I am also starting to get rid of some of the sharp edges but with SU it will not be easy to get rid of some of them.
    Okay, here are some pics with the moved turrets.
    PatrolCruiser014-text.jpg

PatrolCruiser015_text.jpg

PatrolCruiser016_text.jpg

PatrolCruiser017_text.jpg

PatrolCruiser018_text.jpg

PatrolCruiser019_text.jpg
  • sorceress21sorceress21269 Posts: 577Member
    The model looks great! Much better with the turrets on the sides too..

As far as rounding of edges, it's a little tricky, but easier then you might think..I just created a tutorial for the technique HERE.
    I have been working on the Patrol Ship but got bored and just tried something else.

smoothship005_mod.jpg

smoothship004_mod.jpg

smoothship003_mod.jpg

smoothship002_mod.jpg

smoothship001_mod.jpg
    Interesting design.... looks like a seaboat, if the struts on the wings went lower
    A little more. Added guns.

smoothship006_mod.jpg

smoothship007_mod.jpg

smoothship008_mod.jpg

smoothship009_mod.jpg

smoothship010_mod.jpg

smoothship011_mod.jpg
  • JennyJenny2 Posts: 0Member
    Oh, no! It's... the blob!
    Half way through making "The Blob" I realized that it looked like something Fred Gambino would have done back in the 70's :lol: