Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DI think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed today!

prefimprefim0 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2013 in Finished Work #1
Hi folks,

Well I just finished my Marvin model from the 80's Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy TV series. He's fully poseable but I'm still tweaking the textures a little. Built and rendered in Lightwave from reference stills found online and of course the TV show itself.

And remember, He's your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Enjoy!

marvin1m.th.jpgmarvin2.th.jpgmarvin3.th.jpg
marvin4.th.jpgmarvin5.th.jpgmarvin6.th.jpg
marvin7.th.jpgnighttime.th.jpg
85227.jpg
Post edited by prefim on

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Hey! It's our Plastic Pal who's Fun to Be With!

Excellent work!
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    Even though I liked the version of Marvin from the movie better, the mini-series is far superior to the film. Not to say it isn't good, but Douglas Adams packed far too much cool stuff into the book for a single movie to handle. The mini-series format suited the story better.

That being said, you nailed the look of everyone's favorite...er...favourite paranoid android quite well. Excellent work!
  • Andrew BoultonAndrew Boulton0 Posts: 0Member
    :cool:
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    This is a very nice work of yours. A job well done.
    Further note:
    Yes a different Marven rendition but this IS the song that lead to me knowing about Marvin.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ImiqaXBMkM

Long live the legacy of Douglas Addams.
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    "Here i am, brain, the size of a planet, parking cars...." :D
    YESSS, that's our beloved Marvin!!! Well done :)
  • prefimprefim0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks for the comments guys. I grew up with this marvin so he's my favourite. I might do some more of the TV version stuff now. heart of gold? just model a shower head!
  • JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust, or just fall apart where I'm standing?

The movie was fun, and I like the re-imagining of Marvin, but the BBC miniseries was superior. They should have at least made a sequel, which would have been easier if they'd stuck to the story...

I wonder how hard a Marvin suit would be to make for Hallowe'en?
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    prefim wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments guys. I grew up with this marvin so he's my favourite. I might do some more of the TV version stuff now. heart of gold? just model a shower head!

I've been thinking of building a model of the Heart of Gold from the mini-series for years, but reference pics are nearly impossible to come by. If anyone knows where I might find some, I'd sure appreciate it.
  • prefimprefim0 Posts: 0Member
    Hickjacking my own thread now but heres some reference grabs from the TV series. As there wasnt much detail in the old shower head it shouldn't be too hard to build it from these.

bottomn.th.jpgengines.th.jpgfrontangle.th.jpg
    heartfront.th.jpgsidey.th.jpgtopdive.th.jpg
    topnnz.th.jpg
  • adowney1adowney10 Posts: 0Member
    Fantastic job :-)
  • biotechbiotech171 Posts: 0Member
    That's brilliant!