Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBattlestar High Animation

cat-em-utcat-em-ut0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
This is a little project I am working on while being recently made unemployed. The models are still really rough, but i hope to use them for an animatic before doing all out one day.

My HS/training ship
4923049384_dfb88d6915_z.jpg

My Training craft - Viper Mk V
4941973206_ac19fa90d1.jpg

My Training Craft 2 seater - Viper Mk V
4941973296_6b45eebe12.jpg
its early, but any solid constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Post edited by cat-em-ut on

• cat-em-utcat-em-ut0 Posts: 0Member
    I have added weapons to the wings, any thoughts on the models?
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    The Mk V suggests it is closer to the sleek Mk VII than the Mk II, so a smoother rounder look is probably the right direction.
    To be honest though, your model could use a lot more definition, main body, canopy, wings and engines are all one uninterrupted surface. Introducing more edges to make some sharp(er) corners, and making some parts their own objects could help a lot :)

I have added a test fire animation that i used a simple particle system on. I know it needs to be tweaked, but I would like some healthy input to make this past shine.
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    a cartoon viper !

what a nice and fresh idea !
    L2K wrote: »
    a cartoon viper !

what a nice and fresh idea !

Yeah, I think I may take the animation to being more of a cartoon version. I just need to create characters, which I have not tried yet.
  • BuckaroohawkBuckaroohawk2 Posts: 0Member
    I actually like the idea of the "uninterupted surface" of the Viper. It has a sleek, slippery look about it...like the whole body was made from a single mold instead of constructed piece-by-piece. That being said, the design would make it tough to get at the inner workings unless you add some cut-in panels in strategic locations. Or perhaps the "engine block" at the rear can be detached and simply slide out of the main body. That would be an interesting idea...

RE: The Particle System Test Fire. Personally I can't think of a better option, but maybe someone here with more knowledge has a suggestion. The only thing I'd suggest is adding a glow to the particles so they stand out a bit more, but then you have to deal with the glow effect flickering as the particles move away from the camera view.
    I am working on a student female pilot and have created the helmet. the "actors" will be makehuman models.

4978531230_088560a6b3_z.jpg
    I am adding details to the carrier ship and would like some input. I am planning on 4 cannons at the midship and 2 towards the stern. These would be for trainees, so not like Galactica's batteries, but similiar.

4997087240_d9109656d2_z.jpg
    4999223318_2fedbe0a10_z.jpg

Updated the look sightly. Still would like some thoughts on this before I duplicate them.