Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DUPDATE: The whole frakking fleet

CoxxonCoxxon0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
It's been fairly finished for a while but I did alot of updating to the Colonial fleet models shown in the previous Frakking Fleet thread.

Mainly a new low poly Galactica (60K) with full ribbing.
An originial Colonial bomber, and the Combat Raptor.

Here's the link to the Photobucket images for those who might have missed them the first time around as well as a download link for all the updated models in version B of the file. See the readme for all the changes.

coxxon - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FileFront - The Most Gaming Files on the Web

colbstr0cox00.jpg

colbomb1cox00.jpg

cylcent1cox00.jpg
Post edited by Coxxon on

• backsteptbackstept2023 Posts: 919Member
    do you have any pics of the bomber and combat raptor?

thanks for sharing these again
    you rock :D
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    *faints*
    WooHoo!
  • TalosTalos0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome! :thumb:
  • CoxxonCoxxon0 Posts: 0Member
    Ok managed to get Bomber and Centurion pics uploaded.
    Don't have any of the combat Raptor yet.
    ... and I need to try to get a larger image of the Galactica sent to my PB account.

Gotta go back to work right now tho :D
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    filefront has no images to download. photobucket images are graet
    awesome bomber . . . :thumb:
    Image of the combat Raptor.

colrap2cox00.jpg
  • B.J.B.J.1 Posts: 0Member
    That's a sweet looking bomber there, Coxxon. Kinda reminds me of the Tu-22 Blinder.
  • bsg reconbsg recon0 Posts: 0Member
    I LIKE THE COMBAT RAPTOR!!! Cool looking ship design looks deadly
  • SolProSolPro0 Posts: 0Member
    geez has any had any luck downloading the zip?? It hangs all the time at various stages. No there is nothing wrong with my connection as every other site / download whatever works.. except this File Front one.

Any ideas / alternate links?
    Hey,

in the updated package there is a galactica in sections. The base hull, ribs, then guns etc.. has anyone had any luck texturing that one.

please ?

S.
    there are textures called colbsg1cox.jpg, colbsg2cox.jpg, and colbsg3cox.jpg
    just assign them to the different sections, and bring all the sections to the same coordinates, glue 'em together (or whatever your app calls it) and you'll have a whole battlestar :D
    that almost works.

colbsg1cox has all the main textures for the battlestar. the other two are for panels and the like.. all sort of good but the gun section has the battle star capping on it and obscures the bottom texture (the main battlestar one).

Maybe I am missing a texture or something?

Thanks.

S.
    nevermind.. just overlapped the materials and it worked a treat..

niiiiiice :)
  • Ki_RynKi_Ryn0 Posts: 0Member
    Do you have to manually reapply the textures for all of the models in that pack? I'm using MAX9 and don't know much about texturing. Since these are .3ds files plus separate texture images, they show up in MAX untextured and I'm not sure what to do (I usually use .max files which, I presume, preserve the mapping coords?).

This is an excellent bit of work and I can't imagine the time and effort it took to make all of these. I'm just hoping that I don't have to do the texture application part again (because I don't know how :) ).
    it's a piece of cake to reassign the textures, and they're all named for the ship they go with. the civvie starliners have 3 or 4 textures for the same model though

I think you just open the materials window, and put the textures in the diffuse channel for each model . . .
  • pinchy417pinchy4170 Posts: 0Member
    Is the updated pack available anywhere still. I went to the filefront link and it was empty.
  • ScotchyScotchy171 Posts: 0Member
    Yes, I was wondering that myself. The filefront link doesn't have anything on the other end.
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    Coxxon wrote: »
    Ok managed to get Bomber and Centurion pics uploaded.
    Don't have any of the combat Raptor yet.
    ... and I need to try to get a larger image of the Galactica sent to my PB account.

Gotta go back to work right now tho :D

Wolf's Shipyard Forum :: View topic - photobucket size limit bothers you? come in here for help.

go here, with that, you can upload pics up to a megabyte in total size, but with nearly unlimited screen resolution.

discovered this quite by accident
  • jkanalakisjkanalakis0 Posts: 0Member
    I'm also wondering if Coxxon's latest fleet collection has been re-posted somewhere. The FileFront account is empty.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    I'm also looking for them as well so if anyone knows, please let me know.
    I've gotten several emails for the ship files. I have re-uploded the model zip file (Filefront deleted it - those frakkin @$%@#$ :) )
    See my first post for the link.
    would you be open to the idea of uploading it to the meshes section?
    I'm sure it would be better than possibly having it deleted by Filefront again :D
    At the moment it's bigger than the allowable file size. I'll have to see about splitting it.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Coxxon, i've been trying to get in touch with you, is there any chance i could get your Fury race you made to put in Battlezone?
  • revengeofmontyrevengeofmonty0 Posts: 0Member
    Howdy howdy. The file seems to have vanished...any chance of an upload of your glorious work?
  • Major_IcemanMajor_Iceman0 Posts: 0Member
    Hi there is the file in the download section here the latest as it doesnt have any of the cylon ships in it can anyone help as i am after all the ships.
  • yair1221yair12210 Posts: 0Member
    say where can i download these things?