Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

2DAircraft

• BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    hes only hateing onit cuz he knows he cant do better then that jealousy a biatch
    Wow, you fail at english, even net-slang. Seriously, that's uncalled for, and so please don't do it again.
    B.J. wrote: »
    Knight26 is only trying to point out errors so that they can be corrected and make the artwork that much better. I also noticed inconsistencies, especially at the wingtips between the top and side views.

That's just uncalled for.
    Normally I avoid Bagera's art, as while when they stand alone, look great, when you try to line just about anything up, they never do. Again, when you look at each view on their own, is when it looks wonderful. The problem is, is that he's had this mentioned to him several times over at least two years or more (over at Wolf's Shipyard I said the same things, and was brushed off, which is generally why I don't even comment anymore, or bother looking at his stuff), and he never attempts to fix the images. Some of them are subtle and hard to spot, which is more likely errors that he just couldn't fix due to the shape of the hulls, and not so much him being lazy. There are occasions where that happens, and its nothing anyone that works in 2D images like this can really overcome. Its a art hazard. On the other hand, there's several cases where it's outright obvious that nothing lines up and places are stretched/squashed.

The part that gets to me is that on the occasions where this has been brought up - POLITELY brought up *glares at knight26* - he's been rather rude in his responses. Considering I'm an art major and had to take critiques, both 'soft' and 'hard' (and 'very damn hard', when it came time for my final portfolio put-together every semester), I'm used to critiquing and am generally glad to hear it. Most people on here are, as there's tons of professionals here who really know what they're talking about. So its a bit of a shock when you get rudely brushed off over it.

Now as mentioned, normally I don't get involved with this, but considering the two responses above, both rather rude on their own, I figured I'd say my peace and mention that it's an issue he knows about, and isn't a big thing for him, so stop bringing it up. And while I realize I'm hovering on the edge of being rude myself in this post, I'm not going to be as blatant as the two posts higher up on this page.

(and XRaider, you know better, especially from Wolf's Shipyards)
  • XRaiderV1.7XRaiderV1.7226 I have absolutely no ideaPosts: 1,074Member
    yes, I do, and I wouldnt have even said anything if not for the tone of the comments in question.
  • bagera4000bagera4000269 Posts: 1,545Member
    McDonnellDouglasF-4PhantomIIIRIAF.png
    SukhoiT-6BMBlackshadow.png
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    there is no such thing as perfection in any art or form perfection is definded by the creator of the work who gives a **** what yall say nothing is perfect there will always be flaws in anything and every thing and his work is good weather yall like it or not and for the people who are complain bout teh inconsitancys id like to see you do stuff like that.
    LockheedMartinMultiRoleEnduranceMREUAV.png
  • PheonixPheonix1 Posts: 0Member
    what's the Sukhoi T-6BM Black Shadow from?
    http://www.paralay.com/ did research i listed it om bottom
  • BarricadeBarricade199 Posts: 181Member
    colbmista wrote: »
    there is no such thing as perfection in any art or form perfection is definded by the creator of the work who gives a **** what yall say nothing is perfect there will always be flaws in anything and every thing and his work is good weather yall like it or not and for the people who are complain bout teh inconsitancys id like to see you do stuff like that.

I do. My day job is working for Bayliner and drawing up blueprints for custom orders which is really really boring as its mostly cut'n'paste nowadays unless they put out a whole new model. As it stands though, if I'm off on placement in one view compared to the rest, my head, literally, might roll at my job. Its just that my hobby is doing nBSG pixel art.

As I said, if viewed individually, his artwork is pretty much top of the field here and elsewhere for the sheer details he puts into it in each view. Take that for the compliment it is, Bagera4000 deserves the compliment - each view, individually, looks good enough that Jane's Weekly should be calling him up for a job. Its only when they're viewed together as a 3- or 4-way view orthographic set, when things don't add up to the same length, width, and height, that he gets criticisms/complaints. IMHO if he takes that next step and works to better his art (that's from both a college art student's perspective and someone who works with CAD as his job), he literally will be the best I've ever seen for doing orthographic views while only using pixel drawn artwork. Or for that matter, just using MS Paint! Once he's broken into that level, all that would really be left for him is adding shading and shadows, and then he's utterly set. Then its onto animating it and/or adding backgrounds with his images.
    mig21pVietnamPeoplesAirForce.png
    SukhoiPAKFASU-50firefoxprototype2.png
    BoeingBirdofPrey.png
    SukhoiLMFSSU-55FennecFox.png
  • RAF-MXRAF-MX12 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome thread Bagera4000
    Full of eyecandy and inspiration...Just fantastic...fantastic!!
    Gran Trabajo Amigo !!!
    My favorite jet fighter.......the Sukhoi 35UB...or the Su-37S......Sleek lines,A?don't you think?...
    wow! for the "Nosferatu"...
    LockheedMartinRQ-3DarkStar.png
    NorthAmericanP-51bMustang.png
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow this thread is going like Rambo through an army of enemies :D Your work is absolutely superb :thumb:
    RedArrowsBAEHAWK.png
    McDonnellDouglasT-45Goshawk.png
    SukhoiSU-60firefox.png
  • FlankerFlanker0 Posts: 0Member
    Nice design is it from your own designs or is it one of the new 'possible' new generation russian bombers/fighters?
    fighters updated version of film Firefox aircraft changed to su-60 from mig 31
    it has more Sukhoi 37 lines than a mig type
    SukhoiSU-60firefox2.png
    BlueAngelsFA-18Hornets.png
    cobraNightRaven2SU-60.png
    RobinsonR44RavenIITalibanarmedmod.png
    SukhoiT-54Bucher.png