Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DBlacksburg class heavy destroyer, a generic medium tech SF universe ship.

Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
edited September 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Been gone a while, been learning some things with blender. Now i finally have a ship that's subsurfed and may not look like a crude cartoon compared to some others here.

4950755172_be565b9db0_b.jpg

4950163711_85364c6af0_b.jpg

4950163689_e2d44f71c8_b.jpg

4950163573_29960b8999_b.jpg

4950163559_42fab91832_b.jpg

4950163549_63b6307e73_b.jpg

4950755212_4c07b39a96_b.jpg

Overall it's looking good, I mean it's not as good as some people's stuff here but it's a lot better than anything else I did before. The overall ship was inspired by a drake class destroyer from furtre armada at ky rinn studios.

I've had some problems. I wanted to do the forward torpedo tubes as flush holes in the hull but could not get them to smooth out completely, and the forward hull was too good to screw up, so I recessed them and made then openings inside the recesses.

The ship's streamlined to a minor degree to allow gas skimming of atmospheres, often to collect hydrogen or oxygen. The 3 platforms are going to be turrets, the structure on the underside will be a semi spinal mount cannon. The tower is a sensor mast that will have sensor arrays.

I plan to add a lot of bits, The engine section is all my doing, completely different than the drake I got the idea from. There seem to be some problems on the nacelle on the left side, don;t understand since they're duplicates of the first. May need to fix that.

Not going to have windows on it, weakens the hull and there's not a lot to see usually. It's a warship, not a cruise liner.

Any advice from any blender guru's (Koff polaris koff) would be appreciated.
84184.jpg
Post edited by Judge Death on
Tagged:

• oldmangregoldmangreg198 Woodland Hills, CAPosts: 1,339Member
    Great design you got going here. Seeing some submarine influence.
    Your right to an opinion does not make your opinion valid.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    Say, how the hell do I get a picture in my message title?
    Say, how the hell do I get a picture in my message title?

Easy. Edit the first post and click "go advance." Scroll down and there's a "Manage Attachments" Button just upload the pic you want and it will show up in the title. Word of warning though, you can upload pics to here, but you can upload only 26mbs, so upload any further pics off on another site.
    Thanks.
    Thanks.

No problem.
  • HaturodHaturod0 Posts: 0Member
    It remind me of a submarine. I kinda like the idea of submarines in space since spaceship also have to keep Air inside and well... Vaccum outside.... like water and air ;)
    My thoughts too. Also a submarine hull has to be very strong in structural terms to resist tons of pressure per square foot, and this strength has to be universal. over every square inch of the hull, unlike, say a battleship which must be heavily armored but does not need the same level of strength over every inch of it's surface. A spacecraft will have to have similar universal hull strength as it too can't stand to have one weak inch of hull.

Also a sub is somewhat streamlined, and since this this is atmo capable (Can't land, but can fly thru atmosphere for brief times) it needed streamlining too, so the resemblance to a sub was likely inevitable
    Update pix:
    I added vertical thrusters to the underside,redid the center underside section, put a shuttle hatch in the bottom, redid the sensor tower and added sensor nodes, redid the engine core a little and added turrets. Next comes point defense turrets and escape pods along with the rear tubes.

NDD1.jpg

NDD4.jpg

NDD3.jpg
    NDD2.jpg
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    The Lief Erikson was similar. I also love the sub-look.