Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DU.S.S. Midway - Interior

ChakoteyChakotey0 Posts: 0Member
edited March 2011 in Work in Progress #1
Hi folks,

four years ago, some friends and I thought about an StarTrek meets StarGate fanfilm project. It took a long time, but now I started the first interior model. It is the bridge section based upon the Enterprise E bridge.

It is my first model, and a lot of parts need a refit cause I am learning new techniques every day ;)

What do you think?

P.S.: The LCARS is some dummy LCARS made by deif from www.lcarsc.com
83383.jpg
83384.jpg
83385.jpg
Post edited by Chakotey on
Tagged:

• markmasseymarkmassey512 StaffordshirePosts: 586Member
    Good start... i know its only rough now.. but i do like those metalic strips along the walls.....
  • ChakoteyChakotey0 Posts: 0Member
    It was a test but should be there in the final version, perhaps with less reflection. But texturing is another big part which I have to learn...
    Here another render to see what I've done yet...

Any tipps how I can do the ceiling?
    83399.jpg
    And here another update. I've done an rebuild of the command chairs and made a second, smaller version for the normal crew.

Now the tactical console is ready too, so all elements which should be in the scene are there now. Unfortunately I have to redo a lot.
    83428.jpg
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Nice looking bridge you got going here :)

Are you looking for ideas how the ceiling should look, or just unsure how to approach it?
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    All quite close to the Soveriegn bridge indeed. Too close for my taste. Makes me think of the (neglectable) diference between the bridges of the Enterprice-D and the Odyssey, or the Defiant and Defiant-A.
    Still a nice work so far, tho...
    I am unsure how to do it probably. I tried different techniques for the ceiling, but the result was not as expected.

And yes it should look a bit like the Sovereign bridge, cause the ship would be something like Souvereign class MK II.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    I guess I would use subdivision modeling for the band that runs around and connects with all those "pillars", from there you can poly model the ceiling above the wall consoles etc, and then use subD again to make that top edge connecting the pillars flow into a round-ish dome on top...I suppose?
    Yeah, that was one idea which I tested on some testsurface. I will test it the next days.
  • gm2378gm23780 Posts: 0Member
    The modelling is great but I think your scaling might be a little off, especially with that Turbolift, it looks huge :)
    Yes, the scaling is another part which needs a few refits ;)
    I've done the ceiling now. Not the best and a lots of detailing to do, but it is ok ^^
    83453.jpg83454.jpg
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Looks good. Though the chairs seem a bit stiff and uncomfy.
  • MajesticMajestic0 Posts: 0Member
    Beautiful work, I love how it has the single helm console down the front, something I've always liked since I first saw it on Voyager. Nice name too, my ship is the USS Midway as well. ;)

I really like the layout of the bridge, it seems very efficient unlike many designs that I have seen.
    Long time ago...but I am back again...

I've redone the Navconn and did some LCARS for it.
    88454.jpg
    I compared the measurements of my bridge with the enterprise E version, and my one is way too big...so I started over this evening, and here is the first result. Don't know whether I change the middle section again...your comments?

First screen is the old version (Width: 20 Meters), second screen the new try (Width:13 Meters)...
    83399.jpg88517.jpg
  • SATRSATR256 Posts: 412Member
    Great bridge