Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCAPITOL Washington, DC

1234568»

• seanrseanr1113 Brooklyn, NYPosts: 599Member
    If you do it right, you'll never have to worry about remembering anything. Get yourself an external hard drive or a regular drive and an external case for it (HDDs are so cheap these days you should be able to get a nice big one easily enough), then download Karen's Replicator and set it up to back up your important directories to the external drive every night while you're asleep. It can even replicate file deletions if you so choose (I do not). I have mine set up to back up my My Documents folder (so it gets my music, web design work, photos, etc.) as well as my Local Settings and Application data folders for my user account. Problem solved. ;)
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Fatal System Crash ? .... Meaning what exactly ? .... Is Lightwave installed on a partition ? ... Accessing the PC through Safe Mode etc, ... there's various options, and wouldn't automatically assume you've lost your work, ...

With not knowing exactly what has happened, ... it's hard to suggest options to you .... but dont do anything hasty with your HDD that has your work on it, until you've explored every option, as it would be a great shame to lose an excellent piece of work, ....

People who have experienced losing work that they have spent alot of time & effort on (including myself) know that it can have a big impact on your morale & motivation, .... The positive side to this is that you've learnt a valuable lesson .... as we all think the same thing >> its never going to happen to me << ... and you'll find after this experience you'll be making backups automatically without even thinking about it ....

For my Current CG projects I tend to use an 8gig USB storage stick that I just plug in to backup files after a session, .... until Ive completed something, then just burn to DVD etc ...

Chin up mate, ... You have an amazing talent, ... and have no doubt you'll be posting something new in the near future :cool: ....

Jas
  • WizWiz28 Posts: 0Member
    So sorry to hear mate, outstanding work, as Binkerman said keep your chin up, and we all look forward to seeing more amazing work from you soon I am sure!
  • PearsePearse0 Posts: 0Member
    seanr wrote: »
    If you do it right, you'll never have to worry about remembering anything. Get yourself an external hard drive or a regular drive and an external case for it (HDDs are so cheap these days you should be able to get a nice big one easily enough), then download Karen's Replicator and set it up to back up your important directories to the external drive every night while you're asleep. Problem solved. ;)

Good advice, I'm looking into getting an external hard drive now. Seems a lot more efficient than spending ages burning discs.
  • LonewriterLonewriter236 Posts: 1,078Member
    that really sucks. I always back up everything, not just to my external hard drive but to a secure server. I am so sorry, this was such a great model.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    :D yeha iA’ve all my datas back... THX to my brother who repaird my broken hard drive :)..
    so the show will go on
  • Dr LeeDr Lee2 Posts: 0Member
    Have you backed it all up?

Very good to hear you've recoverd it all... it would have been horrible for you if all you hard work had been killed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    yes man, everything is back uped now.^^
  • Very nice work.
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    Staggering...as an architect, I appreciate the hours put into this...also, it is good to get it back at the top of the page after so long so people can enjoy your work again.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII205 Posts: 362Member
    You do realize this post is over 2yrs old right? and a violation of thread rules....

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/showthread.php?37728-Necro-Posting
  • saulteniansaultenian331 Posts: 0Member
    EBOLII,

Did not know that about the rules...sorry for the posting.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    Heck, I don't have the skills to do the St. Louis arch and you guys could do a rough one of those in a day. The eiffel Tower might be a candidate, if only to have you practice for a good Cygnus from THE BLACK HOLE.

Something I was thinking about:

The Capitol dome and the Big Orion pusher plate starships atop their own columns (and blast plate) are really rather similar. http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/o/orionsco.jpg

So seeing the capitol dome 'stand up' on its fluted columns and blast off might be wild.

Or, an Orion with a capitol dome paint job sitting between two rectangular inflatable rooms might make for a nice capitol on Mars. I wonder what a small statue of liberty atop the dome would look like.