Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DCouiniclor Class Fighter-First WIP

[Deleted User][Deleted User]11 Posts: 4,002Member
edited June 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hey guys, HUGE fan of SFM and have been coming here for a while as motivation for furthering my Graphic design career. Just had to get that out of the way.

I got the idea a while back of making a game in Blender. Considering in the 3d modeling world im still what i would call a rookie, I now realise that that might have been a bit ambitious. Though out of it i got several ideas for different models to do, the following being the first one im brave/happy enough to post.

When i was young i played a video game called Fury 3, a space/flight simulator with bad aliens, walkers and a badass main charachter that you never got to see called Couincillor. Actually the game was pretty tedious and repettative but the ships flying around in it were cool to me(if not a litle pixelated) so i decided to model the true main charachter of Fury 3. The couincilor's ship. Yea I kinda wished they had come up with a cool name for the ship but i dont think they thought that far ahead. so im gonna call it a "Couincilor class fightor" for now.

It's nowhere near complete. i have hours to go and some sleepless nights that seem to label me as a nerd to my fiancee, though i guess that's why they call this the WIP forum huh? The first pic is one of the references im going on...not much to work on but using that pic plus playing the game gives me a good idea of what it looks like while still giving me some wiggle room in adding details to the model without having to worry too much about accuracy. The other pics are what i have so far.

This is my first post/WIP on this site so constructive criticism is much appreciated. SFM RULES!!
Post edited by Unknown User on
Tagged:

• JWWrightJWWright171 Posts: 0Member
    I'm unfamiliar with the ship, it's pretty aggressive looking, nice job, looking forward to see it develop!

No worries, chicks dig nerds.
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    looks interesting
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Holy ****, I remember that game - wow man it's been ages, thanks for reminding me of that. Good luck with the WIP :) Looks good so far, very aggressive in 3D.

For those who want to know what Fury 3 is, after I found this post I went and got the demo, which remarkably still works fine on Windows 7. Check it out;

http://www.bodo.com/OldGamez/gfury3.htm
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Wow I remember playing that in the school ! I don't know where did they get it from since there was only this game and Microsoft Office installed on every station :p It was pretty good from what I remember. As for the crits, you might want to look into some smoothing methods. I don't know how it works in Blender but I'm sure someone will help you.
  • MauimanMauiman0 Posts: 4Member
    Dang I too remember that game and I loved to play it. IT was my first flight and fight in 3D game ever. Keep up the good work on this.
    Thanks a lot for the great responses. Im glad im not the only one who remembers the classics :). Still working on it i'll post an updated photo early next week. thanks again, oh and i still have a couple of wing struts to make so that's why it's not quite smoothed out yet somacruz but i had overlooked that thanks.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    From what I remember of the game, the Scarabs would also be a great model to modernize. Good anti-air, ground support craft
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,747Member
    A flying blade. An exceptional design.
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    Never down the first conception of a model. The top view of a F-117 looks odd too, until you get a orthographic view of the entire aircraft. Ksimpson's attempt to make it a fully 3D model, with depth may surprise all of us. His concept has great potential. just remember, he/she is just trying to show what it could of looked like, with modern CG techniques
    Hello again,
    Havent had a lot of time to work on it but i got a few things added like the wing struts and finished the structure. I've got a bit of detail work to do and some smoothing out to do but apart from that i like where it's heading soo far.
    Consructive Crit as always.

K.