Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

UV Mapper Pro and Windows 7

alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
I just loaded up UV Mapper Pro on my laptop (Windows 7 x64) and the application crashes as soon as I launch it! Has anyone had any luck running it in Windows 7?

Also, is this even being developed any more? The last version is from June 2008, and the Support link brings up an error window... :(
Post edited by alpha_omega on

• DmitriDmitri331 Posts: 0Member
    I'm going to ignorantly suggest a painfully simple method that you may have already tried.
    Right click on the program, click the "Compatibility" tab, then try running it in one of the available compatibility modes (eg. Windows XP SP2).

A bit more intense of a fix. If UV Mapper Pro worked on XP- it will work with this fix.
    If you have Win 7 Home Premium, Pro, Enterprise, or Ultimate, you can download Virtual PC. Here's the Windows Link
    The general idea behind the fix is that you create a virtual machine with XP on it. At that point you can install UV Mapper Pro on the virtual machine and use it problem free.

Anyway... Hopefully one of the above two options works, or someone else knows a better solution. Cheers!
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    Hey Dmitri! Thanks for the suggestions! I have tried changing the compatibility mode and running the app as administrator, but no luck... the app. crashes as soon as it launches. I may give the virtual PC a try if I get brave enough!