Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWARHAMMER 40K Vehicles

• Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    very nice work Jas, when are you going to texture it?
  • Road WarriorRoad Warrior207 Posts: 815Member
    Awesome man. Just awesome.
  • FreakFreak1088 Posts: 4,361Member
    very cool stuuf.

should really vist this thread more often.
  • BinkermanBinkerman0 Posts: 0Member
    Thanks a lot mates, .. always appreciated !!:thumb: ... Not quite done with the exterior, but here's a few pics ...

@ Lee80

I may go all the way through on this one and get it textured ready for action .... and might use it for experimenting for comps / environment etc ... If I do, I'll post some tests of that ....

@ Freak:

Yes you should damn it ... :p

Jas

PF3hpT.jpg Full Size Pic

5q9gLj.jpg Full Size Pic
  • SyklonSyklon0 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome. Are you planning on doing the cockpit interior since you've got transparent glass there?
    Awesome modeling Jas!
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Awesome indeed!
  • Lee80Lee80193 Posts: 458Member
    Yep, great work as usual Jas... I need to get back to my sentinel...
    Cheers Guys !!:thumb: .... Just bare with me for this update as its been a bit busy with RL, ... but put something together just showing a few tests that I usually only do for myself experimenting ....

The Valkyrie is being used to lock on to the look & style for my models that will translate to the other vehicles with regards to textures and final appearance, .... They will be made to look more realistic than the miniatures for the final versions .... Once the Valkyrie is textured it will be used for comp tests for Animation / Environments & Lighting etc ...

@ Syklon:

Yep there will be an Interior, ... I'll be staying faithful to the Miniature for the Cockpit ....

@ Lee80:

Yeah mate, get back to it, .... been pretty quiet around here with the 40K threads ... Slackers :p

Jas

*Updated Valkyrie WIP 009 - Post #559*
    Dude, awesome beyond words...........
  • Captain ShrikeCaptain Shrike0 Posts: 0Member
    that model is getting ever better, i particularly like the texture test. just thinking about it, what differences are there between the resin and plastic models? i'm thinking you could add some flavour to your model using a mix if there are significant differences...
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Whoah that test map is surely awesome ! Keep it up !
  • UK-BladeUK-Blade331 Posts: 0Member
    Top Banana Jas, as always :thumb:

You know I'm gonna be watching this closely.....;)
  • DCBDCB331 Posts: 0Member
    Woo, nose art! Glad to see you are keeping a fine tradition alive.
    Thanks guys !!

I've gone as far as I want to go with the Texture Tests for colour & details etc .... and happy with the general look, ... The next time you see her with paint will be with Hi-res maps .. (will look much better) .... So keep in-mind these tests are just giving you guys a rough idea ....

Updated the WIP 009 pic to show a second test and comparison with the first, along with Refs giving an idea of the Grey Knight paint job that will be done for this Valkyrie Model ....

@ Captain Shrike:

I've already combined details from both the Resin & Plastic kit ... As there are a fair few differences, ... Some where structure is slightly different, and other areas where the detail is better .... What will transform this model are the textures, which will separate if from the Miniatures in appearance .... along with lighting for the cockpit and external lights will bring it to life ....

@ DCB:

Yeah I think Nose Art just gives it that extra touch of character, .... I scaled down the Art work a bit to fit properly with the lines of the Valkyrie, and will look right when the other panels & details are on ... That first test I just slapped it on the side, ... Test 2 had more care taken with it, ... and will pretty much appear this way on the final model in terms of the Nose Art's size ...

I'm hoping she will look good once the paint job is on and lit properly ... I'm saving larger renders for when the whole thing is textured ... and some close-ups will be done etc ....

Jas

*EDIT* - Pic Updated Post #559 (Meph's Fault)
  • MephMeph331 Posts: 0Member
    Other than the usual showering of praise, I'd like to put forward the notion to put the nose art in colour, more WWII style.
    Although it does look cool from close up, from a medium distance it does tend to blur into something that resembles weathering or damage.

Hah! Put that in yer pipe and smoke it!

:D
  • L2KL2K0 Posts: 0Member
    hehe a pinup :D
    There's always a Trouble Maker .... YOU at the back, .. Mr Mephler ... OK, .... Pic has been updated, .... The colour Art looks best on the Red paint I think, .. so it's an option for later, ... See what you guys think ?, ... and thanks mate for the feedback, ... I did originally have it as colour, but preferred it without on the Blue/Grey Panels, .... But if I were to have it on the Red Panel, it would work .... Something to decide on ....

Btw I think I prefer the showering of praise, ... as that stuff you gave me to smoke, .. I've now got dragons chasing me around the damn room ...

Cheers !

Jas

40kvalkyriewip009.th.jpg Link to Full Size Pic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nice as always. :thumb:
  • alpha_omegaalpha_omega0 Posts: 0Member
    oooohhh, love the pinup, Jas! You have to go with the color one though... it would be more inspiring to the troops on the ground as she flys by!! ;)
    OK, I'm not trying to necropost or bump this thread... I just know that Jas does a lot of research on his models, and I thought that he or some of the other posters in this thread might be able to enlighten me on something.

I'm thinking of starting some modeling on a Valkyrie transport, and I was wondering if anyone knows whether the troop compartment is "fixed" / built-in to the chassis, or is it designed to be dropped off?

Thanks! :)
  • DalekHunterDalekHunter331 Posts: 9Member
    im not 100% sure but i do know there is a new type of Valkyrie that is used to transport he new car thing that forge wold have made

heres a link to the model im talking about it uses the same hull as the normal Valkyrie with a few differences

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer-40000/Imperial_Navy/VALKYRIE-SKY-TALON_.html

hope that helps
  • Captain ShrikeCaptain Shrike0 Posts: 0Member
    As well as what DalekHunter's said, in Dawn Of War there is a Valkyrie variant which brings in vehicle bitz for the Imperial Guard and I think the Sisters Of Battle. It looks similar to the Sky Talon.
    Was Hoping my next post would include an update for the Valkyrie, but recently I've had something come up (RL) .. that I'm currently dealing with, ... but wanted to post to say thanks for the feedback guys, ... and to reply to alpha's question about the Valk ....

@ alpha_omega:

Think I will be going with the Colour version and place her on the red stripe as seen in the texture test on post # 559, .... As for the question about the main body of the Valkyrie, ... it's fixed as part of the fuselage, and not designed to detach ... The Sky Talon Valkyrie has a completely new central section, and not simply removing the main body, ... it's also removed the navigator part of the cockpit, since its a single pilot aircraft ..

I did do some work on the Grey Knight recently, still needs some surface detail, but the main modelling for him is done ... even though he's supposed to go in my Space Marine thread (locked atm) ... thought I'd better post 'something' ... but the Valkyrie will see updates for my next post .... Have started on the cockpit Interior, but not worth showing just yet ...

Cheers !!

Jas

wh40kgkwip015.th.jpg Link to Full Size Pic wh40kgkwip015b.th.jpg Link to Full Size Pic
    The Grey Knight is flawless Jas. Nice work....as usual.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nice as usually. But much better are Grey Knights in Terminator Armour. They are much more sexy. :)
    Top Notch, as always, Jas! The detailing on the Knights is simply superb!!
    Thanks guys !, ... While we're on the Grey Knights, ... this was another pic I did which shows where I based my version on, .. Keep in-mind I've not finished the surface details yet, ...

@ Tom Grays:

I agree that the Grey Knight Terminators seem to be more popular, ... and I will indeed be doing those, .... Though from the various depictions of the standard Grey Knight, I preferred this version, ... I will have a GK Terminator standing alongside him later ...

The pic below just shows a temp material applied for his armour, but the final version will show a more realistic look, ... plus will be rigging him for various poses for still renders and lit properly in an environment, ... but he's mainly being rigged for animation sequences later ...

Jas

wh40kgkwip015a.th.jpg Link to Full Size Pic
    I cant stress the following statement enough Jas....YOU THE MAN.

Seriously awesome work.
  • ChrisGFXChrisGFX362 GermanyPosts: 607Member
    wow ... great work!