Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLantean Cruiser - Aphelion

TzarroTzarro331 Posts: 0Member
edited May 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Hello Forum!

It is I, Tzarro, returning with a new ship! Those few of you who remember my previous threads know that I have l left virtually all of my ships unfinished, but I'm trying my hand at a new design nontheless.

I have always admired Lantean (for those of you who don't know, I am referring to the "Ancients" in Stargate: Atlantis) design, so I've started work on a Lantean cruiser. This ship would probably be about 50% the size of an Aurora-class battleship. With my Atlas I had been aiming to create a hybrid of Human and Ancient design, while with this ship I am going for an all-out Lantean construction. I realize there are probably several features that don't exactly fit perfectly into Ancient ship design, but after seeing the Destiny from SG:U, I figure all bets are off :P. Regardless, I am trying to keep the design fairly in line with that seen in the Aurora-class ships.

C&C welcome, I hope you guys like it. I'll try to keep this thread updated.
80524.jpg
80525.jpg
Post edited by Tzarro on
Tagged:

• colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    hmm interestin
  • AresiusAresius359 Posts: 4,171Member
    Small and pointy.
    Let's hope it can pack a punch.
  • elitewolverineelitewolverine171 Posts: 0Member
    interesting design, look forward to seeing more progress even if you dont finish it
  • TzarroTzarro331 Posts: 0Member
    Here's some more medium level detailing.
    80596.jpg
  • Ze AratlossZe Aratloss171 Posts: 0Member
    nice! May i suggest you give a little mayian pyramid thing at the back to maintain the lantean design seen both on a aurora class lantean balttle cruiser and the Desteny ship from SG:U. Also it will give a sense of direction. I am diffenately following this project, good work bud!!!
  • colbmistacolbmista2 Posts: 0Member
    that ships si like 2/4 the size of a lantean battle ship there isnt room for a perymid...
  • AlphapackAlphapack0 Posts: 0Member
    I like the ship, it is logical that the Lanteans had many other ship designs both for peaceful purposes and warfare.

I like this ship mainly because it is a similar design to the shuttles on the Destiny (which is a "old" Lantean design) and has a good presence about it
    Thanks for all the positive feedback so far; it's great to hear that people out there like my design. I've hit a slight lull in my modeling, but I'll try to make a progress update in a little while.
  • MedafusionMedafusion0 Posts: 0Member
    quite an interesting design, i love the detail of the ship. I like the little hump on it's back it's like even though there isnt room for a giant mayan pyramid thing like the other person stated, there's still some part of it where it makes it look even the slightest canon ^.^
    Thanks metafusion, I'm glad you like it!

Considering the nature and size of this ship, I've decided that it could use something to fill a (vaguely) similar role to the Puddle Jumper. I've begun development of a small corvette-sized ship that serves as a detachable atmospheric, scouting and combat vessel. The Aphelion is designed for long range scouting and exploration with ample combat capabilities, so I figured it would only be fitting to have a smaller ship that could accentuate this role. Keep in mind, this is a very early model, and there is still a lot of work to be put into it, but here is my start:
    81069.jpg81070.jpg81071.jpg