Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DWelters stuff

2»

• somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    Yeah I see that you're going for a very realistic style (well as realistic as sci-fi can be anyway) so the sparks shouldn't be anywhere near Star Wars or Trek XI. I just can't stand the feeling of a beam weapon, that can cut a ship in two, getting completely absorbed by a shield :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Nah it's not that powerful :D

Here is the result of further messing around with the scene: attack2.avi
    I'm not so satisfied with the camera movement and the colors and will keep working on this.

Next i want to develop the testrendering of the ship into some kind of airbase scene. Concept below:
  • somacruz145somacruz1450 Posts: 0Member
    The animation is now oficially perfect ! The concept looks nice as well, you're going with a more realistic approach, right ?
  • unusualsuspexunusualsuspex331 Norfolk UKPosts: 0Member
    This is looking so good now. Definitely loving the new textures. I'm following this closely!! :thumb:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Ha ha, thanks, glad you like it.

As for realism: Well that is hard to explain for me. I go for a style like in the Wingcommander Games, or the show Galaxy Rangers (if you remember that ;) ). So i try to make my materials, shaders, environments and so on pretty realistic. Also i like plausible designs. Things should look like they are actually functional and serve a purpose. Of course most sci-fi spaceships are physically unrealistic. Think about newtonian/relativistic physics and how these ships fly around in space. I do not mind that much though. Everybody is used to seeing space fighters flying around like planes in the air, so it is okay.