Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DLizzy's WIPs

• Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    Melak wrote: »
    Nice! When will we see this "Miranda Maneuver"? :D

I'm no animator, so anything I make will be stills. As for my previous idea for "The Miranda Maneuver," I imagined the ship dropping down behind a pair of BoPs, the two Klingon ships breaking apart in different directions. The problem was the environment that was necessary to do such an image. I could try to recreate the Wrath of Khan scene in a nebula, or maybe have the Miranda inverted as if appearing from above a large asteroid, or...something.

Most of all these are TOS era designs, so I really wanted to capture that TOS feel in the scene itself. Not just in the design of the models. But the lighting, positioning, and overall look. The problem with a nebula scene is it didn't feel right when I first tried it with these new models. That and I did something like it already. So that leaves giant space rocks and an action scene. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to pull that one off!

Since I hadn't been able to get either scene to my satisfaction, I decided to move onto a different visual concept. You can see the preview setup a couple posts previous. A meeting of the Miranda and Rostam with a trio of Klingon ships. Maybe even do a split screen showing the same scene from both sides.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
    With the exception of the Warp engines, the aft section is just about complete. The blueprints at Cygnus-X have locations for six weapons on this part of the hull (4 top, 2 beneath) so I designed a turret based on the TOS Klingon hand weapon. Also based my auxiliary craft bay texture based on the deck plans. Instead of a bay door, I opted for a force field effect.
    80728.jpg80729.jpg80730.jpg
    Engines are done. Took me about 2 hours total this morning.
    80749.jpg
    JES
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    I love these TOS ships, the details on them are great!!
    Good start on the D7 imo, go ooooooon :)
    Forward section is nearly complete. Just need to cut in the windows and finish making the textures.
    80774.jpg80772.jpg
    JES
    My completed Klingon fleet. Let me know what you guys think!

http://lady-die.deviantart.com/art/Klingon-Fleet-161610639
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Looking good!
    IA’m building one fed ship that can go with your fleet, but isnA’t finished yet. :D
    Starship wrote: »
    Looking good!
    IA’m building one fed ship that can go with your fleet, but isnA’t finished yet. :D

Oh yeah? Got a link to some images? Like most visitors to these forums, I too like to look at pretty pictures!
  • StarshipStarship464 São Paulo - BrasilPosts: 1,976Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Oh yeah? Got a link to some images? Like most visitors to these forums, I too like to look at pretty pictures!

You have a PM. ;)
    A couple of images for fun. I tried to make them both look like screens from TV. One's a TOS style, and the other I did quite by accident.

http://lady-die.deviantart.com/art/quot-The-Engagement-quot-TOS-161834088
    http://lady-die.deviantart.com/art/quot-The-Engagement-quot-TAS-161834388

-edit-
    Forgot to add a signature.
  • publiusrpubliusr550 Posts: 1,746Member
    Looks like the Animated Series meets Star Fleet Battles--the second one does. DC comics look.
    publiusr wrote: »
    Looks like the Animated Series meets Star Fleet Battles--the second one does. DC comics look.

Outside of SFM people seem to like the cartoonish look more than the photo realistic version. It has a certain charm I can't put a finger on.

Here on SFM... I have no idea what people think.
  • MelakMelak332 Posts: 0Member
    Lizzy777 wrote: »
    Here on SFM... I have no idea what people think.

Hehe, didn't someone use to have "Bloody apathetic forum, I have no sympathy at all!" as a signature? :D

But I agree, the cartoonish look adds to the image, it goes well together with the clean look of TOS ships. Nicely done! :)
  • TallguyTallguy350 Posts: 467Member
    Really nice ships. I'm more of a Surya fan, but your Miranda is sweet.
    Bill "Tallguy" Thomas All I ask is a tall ship...
    Various Work: U.S.S. Constellation - Matt Jefferies Concept Shuttle
    Hehe, didn't someone use to have "Bloody apathetic forum, I have no sympathy at all!" as a signature? :D

But I agree, the cartoonish look adds to the image, it goes well together with the clean look of TOS ships. Nicely done! :)

No clue about the signature. Anyway thanks!
    Tallguy wrote: »
    Really nice ships. I'm more of a Surya fan, but your Miranda is sweet.

I had to look that up. No idea there was a Surya class until now. It's an...interesting design.

I'm thinking of doing one or two more images. I have a solid vision in my mind mind of how to position my Miranda and a pair of my Klingon BoP models for my initial design idea. I also have an idea for a Klingon/Romulan engagement with around a half dozen ships. Just not sure if I should try to design another TOS era Romulan ship, or make some small modifications to my current D7 and give it a Romulan paint job.

To step away from Star Trek, I'm tempted to try and construct HK-47.

"Retraction: Did I say that out loud? While it is true you are a meatbag, I should refrain from addressing you as such."
    Gotta love evil robots! :D

the way I figure it, there's no harm done in trying to design a new ship. If you come up with something nifty, great! If not, you can still modify the D7 :)

Looking forward to whatever you end up doing though.
    Gotta love evil robots! :D

the way I figure it, there's no harm done in trying to design a new ship. If you come up with something nifty, great! If not, you can still modify the D7 :)

Looking forward to whatever you end up doing though.

As for HK-47, I have some good reference images except what he looks like from the rear. I really like the concept art for the assassin droid so I'll definitely go in that direction. If I can find some images of the back, I'll be able to start on that fun character!

Anyway this isn't really a new design, but a concept for a redesign. I got an idea about combining the D'deridex and the D-7 with some old school Bird of Prey. Just need to figure out the forward section to give it the proper look. Right now I just have a VERY rough shape to work from.
    81011.jpg81012.jpg
    That's a cool idea, it does look like the warbird but it's still very obviously closely related to the D-7!

Can't exactly call these good, but they are images of the back:
    MTS2_earendil_780929_HK47_2a.jpg
    hk47.jpg
  • kvorshkkvorshk171 Posts: 76Member
    Lizzy your awesome! everything looks flawless to me. I love your start on that warbird too!
    That's a cool idea, it does look like the warbird but it's still very obviously closely related to the D-7!

Can't exactly call these good, but they are images of the back:

When I was doing BattleTech models, I'd done more with less. Thanks for the images! Especially the second one since it looks like it follows the concept art. Plus all the angles are covered.
    kvorshk wrote: »
    Lizzy your awesome! everything looks flawless to me. I love your start on that warbird too!

You're too kind! I'm not too happy with the lower half of the warbird as it is. Going to try to rework that somehow. One thing's certain, I do want to add the Bird of Prey markings on the hull when I get to the texturing.
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    I really like where you are going with that Romulan design...
  • Halo BuffHalo Buff331 Posts: 0Member
    Dude, if you do an HK-47, you have do do a companion T3-M4 for me! Please! I love those two. I guarantee it'll be my background as soon as I find it posted.
    Halo Buff wrote: »
    Dude, if you do an HK-47, you have do do a companion T3-M4 for me! Please! I love those two. I guarantee it'll be my background as soon as I find it posted.

We'll see how that works out. I may build the little astromech afterwards.

The problem right now is I'm having trouble with the evil robot's face. It has some strange shape to it I haven't been able to figure out yet. I'll keep working on it though.

What do you guys think?
    81216.jpg
    Haha awesome, he's looking great :D

Why is he wearing a Bender disguise though :p
  • ChanurChanur191 53.33° N / 10.00° EPosts: 305Member
    Not bad but i think, that the eye part is on the front part slightly wider then the head.
    Doubt I'll actually finish Bender. Well, I might. All I really need to make are his arms and legs. Pretty simple stuff right there. I just needed a quick change of pace to get rid of some mesh related frustrations. Also, it was a lame attempt at humor. :lol:

Total build time: One Egg Salad Sandwich (with bacon).
    Didn't really plan to construct an Orca Fighter. I was bored and stated building. After a few hours I ended up with this.

It's a good start, I guess. Maybe I'll actually complete this model!
    81323.jpg81324.jpg81325.jpg81326.jpg
  • EBOLIIEBOLII204 Posts: 360Member
    boooooo wanted to see that romulan design finished
    EBOLII wrote: »
    boooooo wanted to see that romulan design finished

Yeah, me too. I got stuck on it. But here's what I have so far. The forward "head" is a temporary item, since I just took the bridge off of the D7 and squished it. I'm not quite sure if I want to go with the wide body or the more narrow one. I tried a number of different shapes for the bottom half, but none of them looked good to me.

Also some more of the Orca, and started work on an M230 chain gun to stick on it. I rebuilt the wings and added hundreds of tiny bolts and some panel lines. Also rebuilt the rocket pods, reworked the engines a little and added some other small details.
    81369.jpg81370.jpg81371.jpg81372.jpg
  • TerranCmdrTerranCmdr0 Posts: 0Member
    The Orca's looking great! Love C&C.