Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DGun Frigate

MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
edited April 2010 in Work in Progress #1
Just a random model which I made during weekend.

I want to make it as a gunship or gun frigate which specialize as a capital ship killer.

Oh yeah, I took a scorpion/lobster as the reference :p

C&C are welcomed.
80615.jpg
80616.jpg
80617.jpg
Post edited by Morpheus on
Tagged:

• BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    pretty cool, the only thing that bugs me is that round turret at the top, doesn't fit the rest of the design imo
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    I think the turret is a good idea, especially since its intent is to be a capital ship assault craft. add 2 more turrets. it would be a bummer to be making a torpedo/plasma cannon run on a cruiser, and wind up with a enemy fighter behind you
  • Lizzy777Lizzy7771249 PNWPosts: 754Member
    That little turret looks kind of like an anti-missile system weapon me. When you're doing a run on capital ships, no doubt you'd run into a few launchers as well.
    "Cry 'Havoc!,' and let slip the corgies of war!"
  • BerkutBerkut1 Posts: 0Member
    I didn't mean it needs to be removed, I meant it needs to be more....boxy :)
  • Fre'dniFre'dni0 Posts: 0Member
    yup, a inorganic designed point defense weapon. Needs 4, perhaps dual cannons for each one, ala star wars
  • MorpheusMorpheus0 Posts: 0Member
    Thx for the comments, I'll try to replace the tail cannon with something more boxy :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    I Agree with the turret, However i love the model. I love the Insect / Animal Look it has to it. Very Feriocus (sp)?
  • DimitriyDimitriy0 Posts: 0Member
    Very nice....keep going :)
    I'm having some difficulties accessing the forum right now, so while it work now I'll post some new update to my frigate.

I've remodeled the engine sections, temporarily removed the tail turrets and replacing it with a quad ball turret which I salvaged from one of my older model. I also added several blades to the engine sections which function as a stabilizer for plasma exhaust something :confused:.

Anyway, C&C are welcomed.
    80853.jpg
  • Toa_KaitaToa_Kaita332 Posts: 0Member
    WOW. That thing reminds me of a Navy fighter from the old Playstation game Colony Wars! Fantastic!
    I never played colony wars, I wish I could see the image of navy fighter :)

Small update, added small details and two pulse cannons on the engine section.
    81006.jpg81007.jpg81008.jpg