Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

Blender gradient fill question

Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
'm working on something different for a while, a big scanner/deflector dish for a sorta star trek like object, and I have a big dish like the original enterprise's. I have divided it into 8 radial sections and several rings, leaving curved circular pieces as recesses. (Pic later.),
anyway, I want to make the recessed parts glow, and can of course just use shadeless and emit for that but I'd like them to be blue/white at the center and shade towards darker blue at the edges, OK?

Now, I've worked with an art program that does gradient fills and understand it a little, and I've seen there is some sort of gradient feature in blender.

So I could spend hours wasting my computer's endurance trying to work out if/how I can do this or just ask someone here and get an answer quick with less frustration.

Hmm, think I'll take that second option... :lol:
Post edited by Judge Death on

• SphynxSphynx195 Posts: 461Member
    For a really good effect, if I understand what you are after, other effects may be a better option. For a hint of what is possible, take a look at this sample from the Creature Factory DVD - can't help right now as I'm in the process of packing for a trip out of the country.