Greetings!

Welcome to Scifi-Meshes.com! Click one of these buttons to join in on the fun.

3DSomething "Weird" - The USS Archon

2»

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]2 Posts: 3Member
    Too many windows on the side IMHO
  • madman1701amadman1701a339 Posts: 366Member
    Thanks guys.

The nacelles are in the same style as my other "in between" ships.. I was going to a hybrid of a Kelvin type nacelle and the original Enterprise style.

CuttingEdge100, I agree. There are too many windows on the side, but I ran out of ideas to do there. I also figured that with all of that space, they may as well be able to see outside, right?
  • Mycroft MaxwellMycroft Maxwell0 Posts: 0Member
    Ever thought of releasing this mesh on your site? I mean , In my opinion, It looks way too good to be just a background ship.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    Madman, I looked in on your website and liked some of the stuff you had for downing. I'm studyng the meshes intently to learn how to make stuff like it, so I'm kind of taking them apart, seeing how you do what, etc.

As to your one ship, the Valiant, the one with two secondary hulls and two dishes, I was looking it over the most as I like the nacelle style and don't really like the "turbo prop" intakes on the JJ enterprise.

I was trying to work out what the ship was meant for or was supposed to be. Since it had those 2 dishes and those dished were meant to be navigational deflectors and sensors, I assumed it was a scout type vessel or one designed for intense sensor use, like maybe a survey vessel or something. Was I right? I can't see a ship needing 2 nav deflectors for much, but with 2 sensor arrays thee ship might be able to do a lot of information gathering quick.

I was thinking it could be a scout meant to go into hostile territory and gather data before an enemy could respond, then scat. Or it could be meant to survey large areas looking for things faster than a standard cruiser could.
  • Mycroft MaxwellMycroft Maxwell0 Posts: 0Member
    This ship is looking great dude. I wouldnt change a thing. Looks way better than the ragidy standard Daudelous class. You actually made it look like it could be a successor to the NX class.
  • Judge DeathJudge Death0 Posts: 0Member
    Say madman, can you tell me how to make decals on objects permanent? have an object with 6 decals and each one it positioned by being linked to an empty. So I can't duplicate the object or move the file as if I do the names and locations of the files don't line up and no decals.
    Ever thought of releasing this mesh on your site? I mean , In my opinion, It looks way too good to be just a background ship.

Thanks. :) I'm glad you like it. I might release it on the site... There wasn't as much interest in it last year when I finished it, but maybe there is, now. :)
    I'm glad my meshes are good enough for you to learn off of. :) I don't do things the same way many others do... I hope I don't give you any bad habits. :)

About the ship, I would guess it would be a fast scout, or a fast long range explorer... I figured all the extra room would be good for more long term supplies. I mainly built it because I liked the one in the new movie. :)
    hmm, I'm not sure how to answer. When I build the model, I leave everything unattached. At the very end, I use 1 empty to hold it all together. If i'm going to move or duplicate several objects, I simply select them, duplicate them, and them move them. I think using the empty's like that is messing you up.